Kalon

Drabble Battle 2k15

Kalon | Ken and Ravi

WhiteTigeress

When everyone sees Ravi, all they can think of is the hard exterior – the rapper. He makes a point of being tough, of being edgy, because he thinks people won’t take him seriously otherwise. And, I guess, in his area of expertise that is true. But there is a lot you don’t know about Ravi – that you can’t know about Ravi – until you spend a lot of time with him.

Even though he seems so tough, Ravi is actually very tender hearted. When he once heard someone say Thomas should have been in the band instead, my poor rapper was so upset that he cried when we got home. He asked me again and again if it was a mistake for him to be in the band – if he really weren’t good enough. I think he still wrestles with that, even now. Even after everything we’ve done to show him how wrong those naysayers are. But he’s also very thoughtful. There are times where, after so many long hours of practice, my voice will need to be rested. On those days, I always come home to a fresh cup of tea and a blanket just pulled out of the dryer. My Ravi knows just how to take care of me, even when he’s absolutely exhausted.

But I think perhaps the most surprising thing about Ravi is that he is patient. Honestly, if you think about it, he would have to be. He puts up with our sometimes childish leader’s antics, the chaos of the maknae and the visual, and the perpetual storm cloud that is our dear Leo. But above all, he puts up with me – with my flirtatious personality, my mosquito impression, and even my tendency to get him into terrible embarrassing situations. And through it all, he cherishes each of us.

Is it really any wonder that I would love someone so wonderful, inside and out? I thought not.