Ennui

Drabble Battle 2k15

Ennui | Jonghyun and Key

WhiteTigeress

Jonghyun watched the blond pack dispassionately. “So, this is it?”

The man hesitated for only a moment before picking up another neatly folded shirt and tucking it into his last suitcase. “What a cliché thing to say,” Key muttered, just loud enough for the other man to hear.

The brunette scoffed and rolled his eyes – pretending to look out the window. “I still don’t understand why you have to go.”

“And that is why I can’t be with you anymore,” Key snapped. “You don’t get why I have to leave. You don’t get me. You’re so stupid, Kim Jonghyun, that I don’t think you could understand what was going on if I had it written in neon for you.”

“…Try me.”

Tipping his head back, Key stared at the ceiling. He sighed. “It’s like I can feel the soles of my feet burning through my shoes. If I stay still another second, I will burst into flames.” The man shrugged. “I’m bored.”

Jonghyun felt a strange pain in his chest, but he dismissed it as something leftover from eating cold pizza that morning. “Bored,” he repeated blankly. “Of me?”

“Of everything.” Key looked over at Jonghyun, pity in his eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“No, you’re not.”

“…I know.”