Sweat (Alt.)

Drabble Battle 2k15

Sweat | Kyuhyun and Changmin

WhiteTigeress

A strained smile turned Changmin’s lips as he leaned against the thick tree trunk. “Kyuhyun, I need you to listen closely,” he murmured. “If we’re going to make it, we’re going to have to split up – we’re less likely to be caught that way.” His hand pressed more firmly against the wound in his side.

Reaching over, Kyuhyun wiped some of the sweat from his lover’s forehead. “No, Min, I can’t – I can’t let you go alone. You’re hurt. There’s got to be another way.”

“Sssh,” the slim brunette caught Kyuhyun’s hand and gave it a squeeze. “Don’t worry about me. We’ve made it through how many battles together? And how many times have we made it home, back to our bed?”

Kyuhyun took a steadying breath. “Every time.”

“So you need to trust me, alright?” Changmin released Kyuhyun’s hand in order to pick his sword back up. “It seems like they’re in that hollow over there. If you cut around to the north, I can cut around to the south. They’ll hopefully just go right between us – never the wiser that we were there. Okay?” Kyuhyun nodded mutely. “You head out first. I’ll wait a few moments, just to be sure no one follows you.”

Before he could be pushed along, Kyuhyun leaned over to steal a slow, desperate kiss. “Promise to come home to me.”

Changmin smiled. “Go on, Kyuhyun. I’ll see you on the other side.” He gave the other man a light push.

Kyuhyun hesitated before – keeping low to the ground – he made his move. He crept carefully around the troop of enemy soldiers in the hollow, and his skin crawled when he realized just how many of them there were. If they were caught… He gave his head a firm shake. No, they would be just fine. Changmin was too smart to make a plan that’d fail. The man had just broken into the clear – safely to the west of the troop – when he heard the distinct sound of metal on metal. Freezing, he waited with baited breath. Had he been followed? But then came the one sound he dreaded above all others: Changmin’s scream of anguish. His heart stopped. He shuddered, ready to dash in to fight his way to the other man’s side, when one last sound met his ears. Changmin’s dying words: “I love you.”

It was too late.