Crepuscular

Drabble Battle 2k15

Taekwoon didn’t so much ‘sneak out’ of the dorm as he did just leave unnoticed. It had been an unusually busy day (which was saying something, he’s in an idol group for goodness sakes), and everyone else had fallen asleep in the drifting twilight hours. They had wrapped up their last schedule early. Arguably he could have waited, and tried to fall asleep, but he knew how useless that would be. There was nothing new or special about how nervous he was, being in front of cameras at broadcast stations always made him antsy and forgetful. So instead of battling it out with his anxious insomnia he took a shower and dressed warmly for the frozen winter. He left without even bothering to dry his rich black hair.

The air was sharp like fire and slick, burning the insides of his nose as he it in. His insomnia walks, no matter what time of day they were taken during, always seemed to lead him to the same place. Out of habit, it seemed, he walked along the waterway in the same empty park as the daylight faded.

The soccer player turned idol had expected his usual park bench to be unoccupied, so he was surprised when he found his nightly sitting buddy already waiting for him. “How was your schedule?” KyungSoo asked in what would be an unacceptably informal tone, given the three-year age difference, if it hadn’t been Kyungsoo. Taekwoon swayed between being too taken by how adorable his informal tone was and how terrifying it was to defy the tiny idol singer.

“What are you doing out this early? Won’t you get in trouble?” Taekwoon asked.

Big brown amber brown eyes met is, “I figured you’d be having a rougher than usual day after filming Weekly Idol again,” the slender boy shrugged.

Tensing at the possibility of being too vulnerable Taekwoon started putting on his Leo face and shrugged.

“Don’t do that,” Kyungsoo sassed, “You know I hate that.”

He let out a defeated sigh and turned to sit down running a hand through is frosty hair, “It could have been worse,” he relented, “but its still never fun for me like it is for everyone else.” He slouched down, making himself small against the newly dark sky.

“You don’t have to like variety,” the smaller boy offered, “You’re a singer.” He put his arm around Taekwoon’s broad shoulders and said “At least you are so cuuuuuute when you’re embarrassed.” he proceeded to launch into the worlds most embarrassingly ridiculous firestorm of ‘aegyo.’

The second hand embarrassment was so bad that all Taekwoon could to was cry out with laughter his eyes smiled and his whole body wiggled. “What are we going to do with you?” he laughed.

“Kiss me before my cute wears off?”

That he could do.