Chapter 8.

SHJH

"It's Christmas eve!" Jiha exclaimed as she took a small christmas tree out of its box.

It was 8 in the morning but Jiha's house was already in a big mess since she always got excited when Christmas is coming. Jiha happily decorated her living room with the christmas tree. She was humming the Jingle Bell song as she put the ornaments on the tree. "And now it's done! Yayyy!"

Suho who actually had been there watching Jiha smiled seeing Jiha this joyful. "Let's take a walk."

 

"Bonus for a couple. Merry christmas, lovebirds," said a waiter in a coffee booth to Suho and Jiha when they stopped by to have a drink. The waiter gave them a cronut. A big one which is enough for two people.

Suho couldn't hide his shy happy smile. The fact they are now a couple and people acknowledge that made him secure. Even so, Sehun's existence still bothered him. And accidentally they met each other in the coffee booth. Suho automatically put his arm around Jiha's waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Sehun-ah, Jongin-ah, annyeong!" Suho greeted happily. "Mwohae?"

 

The four of them ended up having dinner together in a buffet restaurant in Hongdae. The situation wasn't as awkward as they expected, but still.

"Hyung and Noona are officially dating?" The innocent Jongin bluntly asked. He noticed the couple ring on Suho and Jiha's finger as they rested their hands on the table.

Sehun could feel his face was turning into a face. And Jiha noticed it.

"Wah, daebak.. I knew it! I know you two are not so called just friends." Jongin just wouldn't stop babbling when he got excited. Plus he wasn't very sensitive. "So, when are you getting married? Sehun and I will be your brides/groomsmaid, right?"

The other three were surprised as Jongin asked that. Especially Sehun who was drinking his tea and he was just choked pretty hard.

Suho let out a giggle shyly. "Soon," he said as he turned his head facing Jiha. She was gazing out that she didn't really catch what Suho said. Yet she still looked back at Suho and smiled.

"Chukhahaeyo, you two," said Sehun. Coldly.

 

---

 

Suho was humming a random melody as he was on his way up to Jiha's room. He just got there at Jiha's door room and the first thing catching his attention was a note sticked on the door.

'I'm leaving to Gyeonggido to visit my family. Sorry for not telling you first. I'll be back in 3 days, so don't worry. Eat well when I'm not around, okay? Love, SJH.'

Suho reached his phone and made a phone call to Jiha. The mailbox answered instead of Jiha herself. Since Jiha seemed to be unreachable, Suho tried texting her. Unfortunately, the messages weren't delivered right away.

One thing Suho didn't know...

 

The same day, at 10AM

Jiha had just finished packing some clothes for a short trip and she was getting ready to leave. She hurriedly walked and took the elevator to go downstairs. Just a few steps out of the apartment, she accidentally bumped to someone. Sehun.

"Jiha noona!"

"Ah, Sehun-ah!"

"Noona eodigayo?"

"I'm visiting my family, in Gyeonggido."

"Alone?" Sehun's eyes scanned their surrounding, looking for Suho's existence.

"As you see." Jiha shrugged. "My guardian is off for today."

"Geureom.. Can I go with you?"

 

There they went off. It was unexpected. Jiha was expecting that it would be a short trip (or short escape) just for herself. But then Sehun showed up, and Jiha could never say no to such a baby boy.

They traveled by bus. Sehun had a smiley face and barely shut his mouth. The reason why he was smiling ear to ear was, of course, because Jiha was by his side with no one disturbing. For some moment, Jiha completely forgot about everything. Her attention was fully paid to Sehun.

"Noona, can we go to the sea later? I want to feel the winter sea."

"Winter sea?"

Sehun excitedly nodded his head. He was wearing a furry hat that it made Jiha distracted a bit, because he looked ridiculously cute.

"Winter sea sounds good."

"Yehet!" Sehun cheered in his alien words. Jiha just had to calm him down a little bit.

 

They arrived first at Jiha's family house. But the owners were outside, almost all of them. There was only Jiha's grandmother who was taking care Jiha's newly born cousin. Therefore, Jiha decided to go to the sea first with Sehun.

"Wah, it's winter sea!" Sehun exclaimed as he hopped off from the car and stepped his foot on the sand. "Noona, kaja!" He grabbed Jiha's hand then started running, chasing the wave. Jiha who had no other choice, went running along with him. As soon as the wave was coming, they hurriedly pulled back. Yet the wave easily caught Jiha's feet when she stomped her small and slow steps.

"It's cold!" she screamed like a teen.

Sehun quickly got her waist and lifted her up so her feet were not touching ground. Just like that, he carried Jiha while running here and there. Even he could twirl around Jiha's body as if she was as light as feather. They almost passed out after playing around at the Gyeonggido beach.

Not even once did Sehun let go of Jiha's hand. "Noona." Sehun pushed himself closer to Jiha. He buried her in his very tight embrace as he whispered, "Let's run.. Let's run away, just the two of us."