Chapter Nine

Maybe Not
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine

Crash and Burn

***

“J-Jonghyun?” Kibum whispered, shell-shocked as the other dragged him away from the school grounds, the other not responding and just pulled Kibum into one of the school corridors.

Kibum bit his lip and narrowed his eyes. His tired of this! He’s tired of acting as if he’s okay with the way Jonghyun is treating him, he’s tired of being the one to receive the silent treatments and not knowing on what did he do wrong. What did he do to anger Jonghyun anyway? He knew it’s his fault he missed the game but is it just because of that? What’s wrong with him that Jonghyun can’t even be friends with him? He bit his lip more but in an entirely different reason, he bit his bottom lip in order to fight off the tears that are threatening to fall. He’s tired of this...

“Let me go...” He grumbled, shaking his wrist away from Jonghyun while the other tightened his hold, ignoring Kibum’s plea.

“Let me go, Jonghyun.” He said once again, more determined this time.

“No.” Jonghyun replied, his features stoic as he held Kibum’s wrist.

Kibum once again tugged his wrist away, wanting to escape from Jonghyun’s hold. “Why are you doing this to me? One second you’re ignoring and ridiculing me and now you act as if I did something that you didn’t like. I can’t understand you!’ Jonghyun halted his movements and turned to face Kibum who had tears streaming down his cheeks, dropping his hold while Kibum’s arms retreated to his side.

“I wanted to be your friend but why is it like everything I do makes you hate me more?” Kibum whispered, lowering his head, tears now flowing more than before. “Even when we were little you always m-make me feel like I don’t belong in y-your world. I know I’m only a nuisance to your family but I’m sorry okay? Imo has been the o-only person who accepted me with open arms and I’m glad because of that.” He wiped his tears with the back of his hand, frame quivering due to his sobs, “I just wanted you to like me so I do everything you say but,” he lifted his gaze to meet Jonghyun’s eyes who had an expression Kibum couldn’t pinpoint, “I should have known you’ll never want me in your life and that will never change.”

“I’m sorry Jonghyun, I’m sorry for everything.” He whispered before running away, Jonghyun’s mind going blank before his brain processed that Kibum was nowhere to be found.

“.”

***

Kibum hauled a taxi and said his Imo’s address before texting Nicole that their schedule was off. Once they arrived at the mansion, Kibum quickly pay the driver before entering the quiet home, his Imo and uncle still at work. He immediately went to his room, checking his reflection on the mirror if he looks okay before packing his things, wanting to be with his Dad as soon as possible before he would encounter...

The sound of car being parked outside stopped him midway, praying to all saints out there that it’s not Jonghyun, but the voice looking for him at the first floor was saying otherwise.

 

“Kibum?!” Jonghyun rushed inside, hoping to find the other, quickly ascending to the stairs when no one answered.

Kibum closed the door before him just as Jonghyun arrived at the top of the stairs, “Where are you going?”

“I’m staying at my Dad’s on the weekend. What’s the point of staying here when you can’t even stand me?” Kibum said, looking away, the hold on his duffel bag tightening as he waited for Jonghyun’s reply, however, the other’s brain was short-circuiting at the moment.

“Your Dad’s?” He said disbelievingly, eyes narrowing as his mind raced, forming different scenarios which involved Kibum moving away from them, away from him. Somehow that thought made Jonghyun’s blood boil.

“Yes.” Kibum whispered as a response, the other remembering the man Kibum was with last week.

Jonghyun curled his hands into fist, wanting to hold Kibum back, “You can’t... You can’t leave.”

“And why not?” Kibum smiled bitterly, “Aren’t you supposed to be rejoicing now since I’ll leave—”Kibum’s eyes widened as a pair of lips captured his, heart stopping as Jonghyun pressed them more firmly against his own, hands letting go of the duffel bag in favour of pushing Jonghyun away from him.

What is he doing?! Kibum panicked on his mind, staring at Jonghyun’s closed eyes, pushing his chest.

“Hmmmp—” Kibum tried to speak, turning his head sideways, Jonghyun’s breath hitting his ear and he can’t help but feel a shiver run down his spine, his mind going overdrive because of what happened.

“I-I h- have to go.” He whispered, his heart beating faster than normal, grabbing his bag and descending to the stairs, leaving Jonghyun who pulled his hair in frustration.

***

“Dad, Dad, Dad...” Kibum mumbled repeatedly, tapping his foot against the asphalt ground as he waited for his father at the subdivision’s entrance.

What was Jonghyun thinking?! I thought he hated me b-but, why did he kiss me? Those thoughts kept on running on Kibum’s mind, his heart still beating wildly on his chest.

A car honked at his direction and he lifted his gaze, noticing his father’s black car entering the subdivision, he walked up to him with hurried steps, entering the car and closing it after him.

“Why did you wait here at the gu

Please log in to read the full chapter