Chapter Three

Maybe Not
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

Guilt Decisions

***

"I'll get it..." Kibum quietly mumbled and exited the room. He took the stairs on the way down while glancing from side to side, hoping to find a red basketball here and there.

 

He searched the area in the living room; under the couches, below the center table, everywhere but still no ball was found.

 

He dragged the curtain on the big glass windows that is situated at the front of the garden, his attention was caught on the red ball a few centimeters away from the swings. The only problem is the sky was getting dim; dark clouds slowly replacing the bright sky.

 

He turned his attention to the wall's clock, seeing the short hand pointing at number 5 and the longer hand pointing at number 4; so it's already 5:20 in the afternoon.(atleast that's what he learned on his last school)

 

Without his JinHae-noona's consent, he slowly opened the main door and carefully closed it. His eyes searching again for the ball and once he found it, he hurriedly made his way over.

 

He was only a meter away from the ball when a series of rumble broke out from the sky, Kibum's eyes widening and his movement coming in a halt, his feet frozen to the ground.

 

Another rumble broke out but is now accompanied by lightning, Kibum's heart moving erratically and suddenly he can hear many voices swirling in his head.

 

"How could you just do that to us?! We're your family?!"

 

"Do you love that woman more than us?!"

 

Those voices which are hunting him every night since the accident. He forced his eyes shut as tears started to sprung from his eyes.

 

"Shut up!"

 

"You know what? I'm done with you!"

 

'No..! Stop!' He mentally prayed while crouching down, his sobs getting louder as another rumble broke out followed by the hard pouring rain, his body shaking violently when the voices seemed to grow louder.

 

"Mom~!!!"

***

Jonghyun peeked under his window and saw Kibum stopping in front of the fountain, his body rooted to the ground as the sky slowly darken. Why didn't he get the ball? Its in front of him, he frowned.

 

Another rumble broke out followed by the heavy rain, Jonghyun's heart skipping a beat when he saw Kibum crouching down.

 

Why didn't he get inside?! He's going to get wet!

 

He bit his lip when Kibum didn't move at all and something akin to guilt settled on his stomach.

 

No..

 

No...

 

No, he's not feeling sorry for that kid.

 

Never.

***

Yubin carefully moved the fringe that was resting atop on Kibum's forehead and sighed. She came home to see a very drenched Kibum being dried up by one of their maids, JinHae. The latter informed the doctor that she found Kibum crying outside in the middle of the heavy rain; JinHae repeatedly apologizing for she thought that the boys were in their room.

 

Yubin never really blamed the young lady for what happened, it was the first time that Kibum has a panic attack after the accident, the storm triggered Kibum's emotions to overflow.

 

It took for a few minutes to calm Kibum down, the child kept on calling the name of his mother while Yubin did all her efforts to soothe Kibum.

 

It pained the doctor to see Kibum like that so she decided to call her psychologist friend about the matter. Her friend instructed her to bring Kibum the day after tomorrow in her clinic, something that she should have done earlier before.

 

She thought that Kibum had been fine; it was a mistake. She saw how lonely those feline eyes were, the way those eyes would stare at parents giving their children a kiss across the street, the way it would water before Kibum clumsily wiping it. She saw it all. How she wish that she could turn back time, maybe she can see those feline eyes water in happiness rather than sadness.

 

"Don't worry Bum, I'll always be here for you." She whispered and kissed his forehead, not noticing the figure on the door, Jonghyun quietly closing it and leaned against the wall, his thoughts wandering to the sleeping Kibum.

 

***

Yubin brought Kibum to her friend's clinic on a bright Monday morning, making Kibum's new school transfer cancelled, and rescheduled on another day.

 

"Where are we going Imo?" Kibum asked as he held his Imo's hand, the doctor just smiled as a response and  guided him to a crème-colored room with couches that are used for patients who were

Please log in to read the full chapter