Chapter Ten

Maybe Not
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten

Bullies & Blondes

***

Yubin stared between Jonghyun and Kibum with confusion, the three of them eating their breakfast in tensed silence, well atleast in Yubin’s point of view. Kibum has his head down and eating quietly while his own son’s gaze was fixed on Kibum from time to time. She wonders if something happened to both of them. She noticed that they don’t speak much, mainly because she knows how cold Jonghyun is even with all their best efforts in changing his personality.

She decided to break the silence, clearing to get both boys’ attention, “So Bum, how was your weekend?”

Kibum looked up from his food and blinked, “It was nice, Imo.” He smiled a little, remembering the things he did with Taemin. “Uhmm, can I talk to you about something later?”

Yubin smiled though her brows ceased in confusion, “Okay, we’ll talk after you came home from school.” She turned towards his son who is finishing up his meal, “How about you Jonghyun? I noticed you were always out during the weekends and came home late, is there something wrong?”

“Nothing Mom. I’m just at Minho’s home a lot.” Jonghyun informed her, wiping his mouth with the table napkin and standing up, kissing her cheeks before grabbing his bag at the living room.

Kibum smiled at Yubin before hugging her briefly, getting his things and proceeded to enter the passenger seat when he saw Jonghyun at the back, earphones dangling from his ears. Kibum sighed before closing the car’s door, his Rain-hyung starting the engine and drove them to SM Academy.

The ride was silent with Kibum watching the sidelines on the way to their school, not noticing Jonghyun’s stare at him at the back. The brunette sighed to himself, thoughts wondering to his situation with Kibum.

He ed up, he knows that. Kibum probably didn’t want to do anything with him now after all the things he had done to him. Damn it, why did he let his pride and selfishness got in the way? He’s always making Kibum’s life a living hell ever since before. He furrowed his brows when he note of one thing, since when did he developed these feelings?

Maybe it was when he doesn’t want any boys becoming closer to Kibum in third year of elementary, warning them to never befriend him or else they’re going to regret it, or maybe it was when he was happy when his other best friend Jinki migrated to America so that he can’t steal Kibum’s attention. Either way, it doesn’t matter. Kibum don’t want anything to do him and that thought alone made some part of Jonghyun’s inside hurt.

The car rolled to a stop and Jonghyun’s thoughts came to an end, finally noticing that Kibum already exited the car and was about reach the school gates.

“Kibum...” Jonghyun called out when they were about to enter the school grounds, the other halting his movements and waiting for what Jonghyun was about to say.

“Meet me at the rooftop around lunch.”

Kibum bit his lip at the sudden demand, not giving any indication of a positive response before walking again thought it’s probably useless since he and Jonghyun are going to the same room. No one was behind him when he turned to look back though so he just sighed before continuing his way towards homeroom; Jonghyun’s probably going to his group of friends.

Why does he want to meet with me?

***

Jonghyun and his friends were not in class the entire morning lessons and Kibum didn’t know if it was a good sign or not. Playing nervously with his fingers, he wonders if this will be a good idea. Woohyun was already at the cafeteria since Kibum lied that he was going to get something from the library when the other asked if he wants to have lunch together.

He was walking mindlessly on the deserted hallways before releasing a breath he didn’t know he was holding. He was about to go to the next corridor that lead to the school’s rooftop entrance when a familiar face blocked his way.

“D-Dongwoon...” He whispered shakily, heart beating faster in panic.

“Awwe, so you still remember me Kibum-ah?” The other said in mocked surprise, smirking before backing him up against the wall, Kibum mentally screaming for help on anyone.

“How’ve you been Kibum?” he whispered directly to Kibum’s ear, “you don’t have bodyguards, I see.” Dongwoon stated the obvious, referring to Woohyun and Jonghyun who were always around Kibum before, during, or after school. “But I guess today’s my lucky day~” He singsong, lifting a hand to Kibum’s head and smacking it forcefully to the side, Kibum almost losing balance due to the impact.

He kept his head down and refused to meet Dongwoon’s eyes, afraid that the other will hit him again.

“I wonder what’s with you that even that bastard Kim Jonghyun is always at my neck.” He rolled his eyes, smirking at the tensed raven in front of him.

“Maybe it’s because you’re always picking on Kibum even though he didn’t do anything to you.” A voice from behind star

Please log in to read the full chapter