Chapter 4

The Disturbance (방해가 되다)
XSYKOTICA
Chapter 4 – Trapped
( trap /træp/ : a dangerous or unpleasant situation which you have got into and from which it is difficult or impossible to escape )

 

“Miss Yoo Sera.”

 

Sera shifted her gaze from those papers in her hands to the person that called for her name. “Yes?”

 

“Thank you,” Sunwoo weakly smiled. “I don’t know who you are and how you know about me, or even who sent you here; but what I know is I’m really grateful enough by your appearance yesterday, Miss Yoo.”

 

“It’s a part of my duty to protect your right, as you’re my client,” Sera calmly answered as she put away those papers back to its position. “By the way, Mr. Choi Jinhyuk is the one who sent me here.”

 

“Hyung? My brother? How can he know-“

 

“That...you should ask him by yourself,” Sera straightened her posture on her chair. “But as far as I know, he was on his flight back to Korea by now.”

 

Sunwoo cursed under his breath. He never wanted this news to be revealed so soon to his brother’s knowledge; as he knew better that his brother was busy with his projects in BR Corporation’s Berlin Headquarters.

 

He didn’t want to be such a burden for his brother. And yet, he was sure that he could manage this small problem all by himself.

 

TAK

 

Detective Na set his eyes on both Sunwoo and Sera as soon as he entered the interrogation room. He cringed at the thought that he was going to say something to them.

 

Something that was unpleasant for him indeed.

 

“This is so ridiculous,” Detective Na harshly ruffled his hair before he shifted his gaze to Sunwoo. “You can go out now, Mr. Choi Sunwoo.”

 

As soon as the sentences that he waited for been said by Detective Na’s own mouth, Sunwoo quickly stood up from his chair and fixed his suits. Then, he turned to face Detective Na. “Well, thank you.”

 

Sunwoo then confidently walked past Detective Na to go towards the door along with Sera behind him when suddenly, there was a hand stopping him.

 

“Don’t you ever think that you can get away with this,” Detective Na glanced to Sunwoo’s face. “Mr. Choi Sunwoo.”

 

“Well,” Sunwoo held Detective Na’s hand and put it down from his shoulder. “You’re free to believe what you want to.”

 

Soon, he patted Detective Na’s shoulder and made his way out from the interrogation room, right after almost for a whole day he had been there.

 

Sunwoo gave a relief sigh as he walked across the corridor. Finally, he could somehow breathe in the fresh air outside and come back home safely.

 

“Mr. Choi Sunwoo!”

 

Sunwoo halted his way and turned around, just to face Sera’s stern face that looked towards his direction. “Yes, Miss Yoo?”

 

“We need to talk.”

 

“Talk about what? I thought everything had been over?” Sunwoo asked. He was totally confused with all the fake accusations to him for a murder case that he didn’t even aware of.

 

“It’s not over,” Sera replied. “You know that Detective Na won’t stop chasing for you.”

 

“He didn’t even have any proofs that lead the case to me; so what’s his actual point? I don’t get it.”

 

“But he seems determined enough to capture you, I wonder why,” Sera sighed hard. She couldn’t easily understand Detective Na’s mind after all. “As I’m going to be your lawyer from now on, you must tell me everything important that could lead you to this case as it may help me t-“

 

“But I’m not involved in this case,” Sunwoo emphasized his denial. “At all.”

 

“Fine,” Sera sighed. “But again, if you want to talk about anything related to the case, talk to me first. And so do me, as I’ll meet you if there’s any progress for this case.”

 

“Okay,” Sunwoo nodded. “We’ll always contact each other from now on then.”

 

Sera nodded. Then, she looked towards Sunwoo’s visage carefully as her mind try to remember something vague and yet so close upon she looked at his face since from the beginning.

 

She would like to remember what it was, but it seems so unclear. But Sunwoo’s face, it was quite familiar.

 

“Excuse me Mr. Choi, but I wonder if we have met before?” Sera asked for her own confirmation as she could sense that she had encountered with Sunwoo before; but still, she didn’t seem to remember the day or even in what situation they were when they met before.

 

Meanwhile as for Sunwoo, he raised his eyebrow and softly shook his head. “I think this is my first time meeting you, Miss Yoo.”

 

“Oh okay,” Sera nodded. She was sure enough that the man she met before was Sunwoo, but as Sunwoo denied it, she decided to just shrug it off. “Maybe I’m mistaken you for someone else. I’m sorry.”

 

Sunwoo nodded and flashed his reassuring smile. “Well, that could happen sometimes.”

 

“Choi Sunwoo.”

 

Suddenly, there was a man voice called for Sunwoo’s name from behind. As it was a spontaneous act, Sunwoo turned his head to his right, just to see a figure of the man that he missed so much standing before his eyes.

 

“Hyung.”

 

“Mr. Choi Jinhyuk,” Sera slightly bowed and raised her head up back to face Jinhyuk that was already stood beside his younger brother. “You came early than what I’ve expected.”

 

Jinhyuk smiled. “Yes, I am. Miss Yoo Sera, it’s been a long time already after our last meet, isn’t it?”

 

“Yes, it’s really a pleasure to meet you again, Mr. Choi.”

 

“Send my regards to Mr. Ji. I really would like to meet him again one day,” Jinhyuk laughed.

 

Sera nodded. “Yes, I will. It seems that I have to go first as I have many works right in my office. Please excuse me.”

 

“Yes,” Jinhyuk nodded as his eyes followed Sera’s silhouette that gradually disappeared from his eyes before he looked towards his puzzled younger brother.

 

“Hyung,” Sunwoo began his speech. “I don’t even know you’re coming home today if not for Miss Yoo told me before. Isn’t that you have many paper works to be done in Berlin? How can you be here?”

 

“Woah,” Jinhyuk exclaimed as his hands ruffled Sunwoo’s hair. “Be considerate to your older brother for a little bit, won’t you? I’m so tired from my flight, you know?”

 

“So, why are you coming here? And,” Sunwoo looked into his brother’s eyes. “How you know about the news?”

 

“I come back to Korea as I’m worried about you. The news about your arrest was all over in the media; how can I just ignore it, Sunwoo yah.”

 

Sunwoo muted himself as he clenched his fists. Now, he was pretty sure that all his supporters will took a turn down on him and his new position as the new Head Director of BR Corporation.

 

“Damn.”

 

“Relax Sunwoo yah. I’m sure there’s a solution for this problem; and Miss Yoo will be helping you to get out from all these ridiculous accusations,” Jinhyuk reassuringly patted Sunwoo’s shoulder before he held Sunwoo’s hand when he saw his younger brother’s visage turned sour in an instance.

 

“I will try to.”

 

“Good,” Jinhyuk smiled as he walked together with his brother, hand by hand, towards his car that he had parked in front of the police station.

 

In the meantime, right deep in his heart; Jinhyuk was wondering about the accusations for murder case that suddenly came right after when Sunwoo started to gain trust from BR Corporation’s shareholders and senior management – was this case is actually a conspiracy to make his brother resign from his new position?

 

“Sunwoo yah,” Jinhyuk called for Sunwoo as soon as they were inside the car. He looked towards Sunwoo’s reflection from the rear-view mirror. “Do you possibly think that...there’s someone behind all this? Maybe it’s from our competitors? Or even from one of the BR Corporation’s staffs?”

 

“Hyung. It’s just...all of this was too sudden for me,” Sunwoo weakly shook his head. “I can’t even think of a name for now.”

 

“But still, I’m afraid if-“

 

“I thought you’re the one who told me to stay positive for this case?”

 

“Yes, I am. But as your older brother, I can’t stop to feel worry about you. You’re my only family left, and I don’t want anything could harm you,” Jinhyuk stated. “Anyway, just think about what I’ve just said if you have time to do so, okay?”

 

Sunwoo smiled. His smiling face could be clearly seen by Jinhyuk from the reflection on the rear-view mirror. “I know and I will think about it later on, hyung. Anyway hyung, thanks.”

 

Jinhyuk flinched as he started the car’s engine. “Thanks for what?”

 

Sunwoo closed his eyes and rested his head on the headrest. He would for sure start to think about several people that could probably accuse him for a crime that he didn’t do. He needs to clean his good name, and show off his capability as the new Head Director with a good reputation by capturing the real culprit.

 

But as this case had put him into a trouble; for the first time, he could see something positive about this accusation even though it had tainted his own good name. His brother was back and most importantly, he is here by his side.

 

His wish somehow had been granted.

 

“Thank you for coming back home, hyung.”

 

Dabin watched the ‘Secret Coffee’ building from afar. He still couldn’t get over the fact that Inhyoung had resigned from her favorite work here, as a barista.

 

“Why?” Dabin whispered to himself. “Why Inhyoung would do that?”

 

At the same time, Wonjun was looking towards Dabin right from the building. He was supposed to take turn as a cashier but Dabin’s reappearance to the café’s building was too much to be ignored.

 

He was pretty sure that Dabin and Inhyoung got a problem between each other, but he didn’t know why or how.

 

He smirked.

 

“Manager nim!” Wonjun called out for his manager that was just coming to the cashier’s place. “Could you please replace me for a short time? I won’t go for a long time, I promise.”

 

“Yah! Jo Wonjun!”

 

Wonjun quickly left his place as he made his way to the front door of the café – or exactly, he went towards Dabin who was still standing on the outside of the café.

 

“Choi Dabin sshi!”

 

Dabin turned around when he discovered his name been called by someone. At first, he thought it will be Inhyoung who was calling for him, but instead it was Wonjun.

 

“Wonjun sshi,” Dabin weakly replied. “Why are you here? Isn’t that you’re supposed to have your shift or even anything-“

 

“And you? How about you?” Wonjun questioned Dabin instead of giving him the answer. “This is the second time you come here by today and yet you’re just stare to the café’s building without even want to come inside.”

 

“It’s just,” Dabin hung his head low. He couldn’t meet Wonjun’s eyes for a moment. “I’m sorry. Perhaps my existence had somehow had disturb your customers.”

 

“No, it’s not,” Wonjun shook his head vigorously. “Let’s go in then. I’ll treat you, okay?”

 

“Thanks, but maybe no.”

 

Wonjun sighed. He looked to Dabin’s pale face carefully. It’s true that Dabin have a milk-white skin but the current Dabin that he encountered was look more like a living corpse or even vampire rather than a human.

 

“Dabin sshi, you look pale,” Wonjun carefully started his sentences. “Are you possibly okay? You look unwell.”

 

Dabin touched his own face. “I’m okay.”

 

“You should take some rest,” Wonjun patted Dabin’s shoulder. “Don’t be too worried about Inhyoung. I don’t know what even happened between both of you, but as far as I know, you should take care of your health.”

 

“Thanks, Wonjun sshi.”

 

“You should go home by now. Do you want me to call you a cab?” Wonjun slid out his phone from his pocket jeans and even had unlocked his phone before Dabin stopped him.

 

“No need to. I’m can do it by myself.”

 

Wonjun pressed back the lock button on his phone and nodded. “If you say so then, okay.”

 

Dabin bowed to Wonjun before he simply moved away from his stature to take his way back home. Meanwhile for Wonjun, he keeps staring for Dabin’s figure with a concern looks.

 

He was worried about Dabin.

 

It didn’t even take a long time for Dabin to walk in the same familiar route that he would take every time he was out for work, or even to go for a walk in town.

 

And the roads that he walks over and over again on it made he could remember Inhyoung even more. Everything near him would make him to feel her presence, no matter how much he would like to forget – he just couldn’t.

 

The memories suffocated him enough, but at the same time, it embraced him as how Inhyoung’s warm presence hugged him tightly in his dream.

 

In most of the time, he wished that he could erase their break up parts and stopped the time; so that he would be together with Inhyoung for forever. He knew that he was a bad person by wishing that – but if it can give him his world back; he would surely do anything for it to be true.

 

But it’s just a fiction that could be created in his fantasy – not in this cruel reality.

 

Dabin sighed. Finally, in several meters more he would arrive to the place that contained a lot of their memories together called home; the place where he could feel her presence even more.

 

TAP

 

“You’re Choi Dabin, am I right?”

 

Dabin glanced over towards the person that called for his name just now. He raised his eyebrow upon looking towards a man’s figure that went closer to him. “Yes but who are-“

 

DUSH

 

Dabin didn’t even manage to dodge the sudden punch that the unknown guy gave him. And as result, he fell down with a loud thud.

 

“This is for everything that you have done to my life, Choi Dabin.”

 

Dabin wiped the blood that stained his lips as he stared to his attacker in awe. “What?”

 

“Don’t act innocent, you sissy,” He went towards Dabin and pulled his collar harshly. “You should at least, be responsible for everything that you did!”

 

“What have I done to you?” Dabin snapped. “What am I to you actually? I don’t even know you!”

 

“It’s true that you didn’t know who am I, Choi Dabin,” He let go of Dabin, just to make him fall on the hard road surface once again. “But I know you. You’re the one who took her away from me!”

 

Another punch launched towards Dabin with his clenched fist. He would like to kill Dabin by his own hands; if he could.

 

“Take this!”

 

But, his movement suddenly had been halted by another force that held his arm with a tight grip.

 

“Damn it!” He hissed upon looking towards a man that successfully stopped his movement. “Who are you?”

 

Dabin who had just closed his eyes before, quickly reopened his eyes just to see a familiar figure that he met before. “Jo Wonjun?”

 

“You’re such a pitiful man that only know how to strike the weak one, don’t you?” Wonjun tightened his grip on the man’s arm.

 

The man gritted his teeth to contain the pain that he started to feel. He gave Wonjun his death glare. “You don’t know anything that happened between us!”

 

“That’s true. I don’t know what kind of business that you had with Dabin sshi,” Wonjun sternly stated his point. “But as what I had seen with my own eyes, you’re hurting him, and as a human being, I must stop you from doing so.”

 

Wonjun harshly let go of his grip and the man swiftly rubbed his arm with his eyes still glued on Wonjun before he shifted his gaze towards the confused Dabin.

 

He was going to just walk away when suddenly Dabin stood up and stopped him with the same question that he had asked the person before.

 

“What have I done to you?”

 

“You’ll know about it soon,” He sneered. “And do remember that I won’t just let you go that easily, Choi Dabin.”

 

Then, he moved away after he intentionally hit Wonjun’s shoulder with his. And as soon as the man’s silhouette was nowhere to be seen, Wonjun quickly went over Dabin to check on his condition.

 

“Dabin sshi, are you okay?”

 

Dabin weakly nodded. “Yes.”

 

“But it seems bad though,” Wonjun scouted down and examined bruises on Dabin’s knee carefully before he stood up. “Let me help you to walk to your house, Dabin sshi.”

 

Dabin nodded. Then, he put one of his hands onto Wonjun’s shoulder as they were entering Dabin’s house rustic compound. Wonjun was about to help him even to enter his own house when suddenly Dabin stopped him from doing so.

 

“I think it’s enough until here, Wonjun sshi.”

 

“You’re sure?”

 

Dabin nodded. Wonjun then took away his hand on Dabin’s waist and looked for Dabin’s limped steps to his own house.

 

Wonjun sighed. And at the same time he was also glad that he could defend Dabin from been brutally hit by the stranger before. He had never encountered the person before, but why he looked like he was going to kill Dabin in his eyes?

 

“Wonjun sshi.”

 

Wonjun been snapped back to reality as soon as Dabin was calling for him from afar. “Yes?”

 

“Thank you. I’m just fine; you don’t have to be worry about me.”

 

Wonjun nodded. “I know. I will get going first, Dabin sshi.”

 

“Wait,” Dabin hollered as soon as Wonjun was going to turn his body around. “I wonder...how do you know my house address?”

 

“Well, as I’m worried about you as you’re looks like you wanted to meet her so badly,” Wonjun smiled. “So, I’m searching for Inhyoung’s address in the workers’ information file in the café just now. And surprisingly, she wrote your house’s address to be hers.”

 

“We lived together,” Dabin stated. “What I mean is that’s why she put this house’s address on her profile.”

 

“Oh, I see,” Wonjun gasped. “I should really come back home by now. Goodbye, Dabin sshi.”

 

CLAK

 

“Goodbye, Wonjun sshi.” Dabin quickly close the door behind him and went towards the sofa right in the living room.

 

“And surprisingly, she wrote your house’s address to be hers.”

 

Wonjun’s sentence had somehow been replayed all over in his mind. Based on his understanding in Wonjun’s sentence; Inhyoung’s house address is his house’s address.

 

“I’m stopping by my house for a moment to pack up my belongings. I’ll come to your house when I’m done with it.”

 

“Inhyoung have her own house,” Dabin spoke to himself. “But she never talks about it even once.”

 

“I’m going to live with you, Dabin ahh.”

 

“What about your house?”

 

“Let’s not talk about that shall we? You should be happy that I choose to spend all my time with you.”

 

Dabin could still vividly remember their conversation in three years ago. By that time, he was in his own happiness that he was blinded by the fact that he was now discovered after whole three years.

 

He knows nothing about her identity or even her life.

 

And for the first time in his entire life, he started to wonder about whom was exactly a person named Seo Inhyoung before they met three years ago.

 

“Just who are you,” Dabin shut his eyes tight; trying his best to drawing her out in his mind as if he was asking her. “Seo Inhyoung?”

 

 

Petite's Note : Song recommended time! For this time, I personally still using 'Hello' by Boys Republic. Maybe if you have a better song that could suits this chapter more, you could just hear it then ^^

So, Jinhyuk had finally come back to Korea and helped his brother, Sunwoo to solve the fake accusations on him with the help of Yoo Sera, his brother's lawyer. Meanwhile, there was an unknown man that punched Dabin with his own reason! Thankfully there's Wonjun as Dabin's savior~ And it seems that Dabin tried to know more about his lover, Seo Inhyoung. What would happen to both Sunwoo and Dabin in solving their own problems? Stay tuned for the next chapter :)

 

Words count : 3, 296