Chapter 1

The Disturbance (방해가 되다)
XSYKOTICA
Chapter 1 – Hello
( /helˈəʊ/ ​ - used when meeting or greeting someone )

 

He would still nuzzle under his wool comforter, if not for the rays of the morning sun began to break into his room through the blinds.

 

He groaned softly, and slowly opened his eyes; as he made his way to wake up from his deep sleep.

 

TICK TOCK

 

The ticking sounds from the clock occupied his room. The minute hand of the clock strikes 6 and showed him the current time; 7.30 a.m.

 

This is how his usual morning routines, as always.

 

Taking a shower, having his formal attire to fit onto his body and choosing the accessories such as watch and tie pin that would be the perfect match with his suits – it’s as if he had repeated the same thing all over again throughout his life.

 

But he never had any choice, after all.

 

As a promising lad that would lead one of the headquarters of a gigantic company, he would knew better what position he was in, and what kind of situation that he had to go through. This big responsibility had been on his shoulders ever since from his birth into this world; yet he have prepared almost everything for him to be this far.

 

And he would never ever let it slipped away from his hands.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Choi Sunwoo.”

 

“Morning,” He simply replied the greetings with his poker face as he was climbing down the mahogany stairs.

 

He walked over to the dining table, with his butlers and maids were already standing in rows beside the table, waiting for him up until he finished his breakfast.

 

A toast and the scramble eggs along with a cup of black coffee was the dishes that been served for today. It’s a western-style breakfast that would completely compatible with his taste buds.

 

As soon as he sat down on his chair, he took a toast and brought it to his mouth; when a subtle knock could be heard.

 

“Enter!”

 

The door opened and revealed a young man in his twenties came towards Sunwoo with a black file in his hand.

 

“I’m sorry if I’m disturbing your breakfast time, Sir,” He said out his words cautiously as he bowed his head for a moment. “But you had to see this.”

 

Sunwoo lifted his eyebrow and put down his toast back on the plate. “Let me see it.”

 

“Here it is,” The file that he had in his grip was now been given to Sunwoo. “As far as you can see, everything that you’ve requested for are now waiting for its final confirmation from you, Sir.”

 

Sunwoo turn over the cover and took out several sheets of papers from its case. He examined each and every words right on those papers before he took a fountain pen from his blazer’s pocket and signed right on the last paper; where his name was been written there.

 

“I can see your efforts in completing my requests so far, Secretary Kim,” Sunwoo put back all the papers inside the file and handed it back to his secretary.

 

“Thank you for your compliments Sir. It’s totally my pleasure that I could, at least, help Sir in preparing things for this very meaningful event.”

 

Sunwoo nodded. Everything that his secretary said just now was totally true; especially for ‘meaningful event’ part.

 

“But you’re still have to remember this, Secretary Kim,” Sunwoo then suddenly spoke as soon as he slipped his fountain pen back inside his pocket. “I want everything will turn out to be as perfect as it have to be.”

 

“Yes Sir. I will always remember that.”

 

“And one more thing,” He took a bite of his toast. “Don’t make any single mistakes.”

 

“I will do that, Sir.” Secretary Kim bowed once again as a respect and also as a sign that he would do it as much as Sunwoo wants it to be.

 

“You may go now.”

 

Secretary Kim made his last bow, before he headed out from Sunwoo’s spacious dining room.

 

Sunwoo sipped his coffee as his mind was thinking about the event that he actively participated into it. It is very important; as it was his appointment ceremony as the Head Director of BR Corporation for South Korea’s headquarters; which was his dream since from his teen age, right when he started to be exposed with Business world by his father.

 

It was a real pleasure for him as he finally would be in that position despite many things that he had to go through before – and now, everything’s worth it.

 

His phone then suddenly vibrated, and he swiftly took it out from his blazer and answered it.

 

“This is Choi Sunwoo’s speaking.”

 

“Congratulations,” A gleefully voice could be heard clearly from the other line. “Head Director Choi Sunwoo.”

 

Sunwoo smiled. How he missed this voice very much. “Thank you, hyung.”

 

“Sunwoo yah. Who would ever imagine a little boy that was clingy towards his brother had eventually ended up becoming a big man now?” He laughed. “I’m so proud of you, my little brother.”

 

“Hyung, don’t ever bring that up will you?” Sunwoo chuckled as he could still remember how weak he was before during his childhood up until his big brother has to be his bodyguard and beat all those naughty boys that hit him before to protect him.

 

“Sorry but I can’t.”

 

“Hyung!”

 

“Just joking,” Once again, he laughed heartily and made Sunwoo feels much better just to hear his brother’s laugh.

 

At least he knew that his brother is living a happy life.

 

“What about you then hyung? You’re already becoming the President for our headquarters in Berlin and that’s sounds great as it is,” Sunwoo took his turn to express his brother’s grandeur.

 

“With great power, comes great responsibility,” His brother calmly replied. “Sometimes, I just wished that I could go back to Korea and spend some times with you rather than being with these work papers.”

 

“Sacrifice is what makes us strong and gaining success in the end,” Sunwoo stated with a smile. “You’re the one who used to say that to me whenever I was down. And I’m really thankful with your quotes, Mr. Choi Jinhyuk; as that is what keeping me believes in this track.”

 

Jinhyuk let out a small laugh. “I don’t know that message could mean that much for you. It seems that I should be a philosopher then.”

 

“You already are,” Sunwoo glanced to his watch. The time gap between both countries sometimes made them hardly to call one another. “By the way, shouldn’t that you’re sleeping right now?”

 

“I’m giving up my sleep in order to talk to you,” Jinhyuk weakly replied. A lump soon formed inside his throat. “As I felt so sorry; I know that you won’t forgive me for this but-“

 

“Are you trying to say that you couldn’t make it?”

 

There was a long pause from the other line before Jinhyuk finally replied Sunwoo’s question. “Yes. I’m sorry.”

 

Sunwoo sighed hard. He hoped that his brother could come by during his assignation ceremony; but the responsibility that Jinhyuk had to carry, is the main commitment in his life after all, for sake of their company.

 

“It’s okay. Once your works are over, do visit me in Korea will you?” Sunwoo weakly offered his brother another time for them to meet again.

 

“I promise that I’ll visit you,” Jinhyuk sternly stated before he decided to change the topic as he had sensed the disappointment tone in Sunwoo’s voice. “Enough with the talk, how was the preparations for the ceremony?”

 

“Good. I’d already prepared everything that will show me as a reliable leader to be look upon.”

 

“Glad to hear that,” Jinhyuk took a relief sigh. He could still remember a weird dream that he had dreamed of nowadays that eventually haunted his life.

 

In his dream, he heard Sunwoo’s voice was calling for him desperately from nowhere.

 

And that what makes him afraid if anything bad would happen to his only family left.

 

“Hyung,” Sunwoo called for Jinhyuk’s attention. “You shouldn’t worry about me. I’ll show to everybody my accountability as the new Head Director.”

 

“Sunwoo yah. It seems that I’m going to sleep comfortably now hearing you says so.”

 

“Are you finally going to sleep?” Sunwoo smiled cheekily.

 

“Yes,” Jinhyuk replied before he yawned. Sleep sounds as nice as it could be at this very moment as he himself were having few days sleeping in only for 2 hours.

 

“Good night hyung. I’ll end this.”

 

“Good morning for you, Sunwoo.”

 

The conversations finally ended as soon as he tapped on the red button. He stared to the phone screen with empty looks.

 

Sunwoo clenched his fists. He knew that there were bad rumors and even bad talks behind his appointment as most of them looked at him as just a son of Choi Ilguk, the former president of BR Corporation; not as a person named Choi Sunwoo.

 

He hated that fact, and yet, it is the one that makes him stepped inside the company easily before, without any interviews or even tests as the other ordinary workers.

 

It’s all because of the fact that he is Choi Ilguk’s second son.

 

But it will soon end. He will make his own history.

 

He isn’t just Choi Ilguk’s son; but he was more than that.

 

He is Choi Sunwoo, a promising man that will draw a bright future of BR Corporation.

 

The morning itself wasn’t a good beginning of a day as soon as the upcoming train makes its way right on its track, going through beside low-cost houses right in a secluded area in the metropolitan city of Seoul.

 

A fervent shaking could be sensed by each and every resident of the housing area, but as if it was the usual thing that happened in almost every day; he pulled his cozy blanket near him even more as he continued to be in his deep sleep.

 

But what he didn’t know is she’s looking to his every action.

 

“Oppa!” She yelled out his nickname and shook him as hard as possible to wakes him up. “Wake up now, won’t you?”

 

“Give me 5 minutes more,” He replied with his sleepy voice, holding closer to his bolster and totally ignoring her.

 

“Yah! Choi Dabin!”

 

“Yes, my dear,” Dabin opened his eyes  slowly up until he could see the person that he loved the most – more than himself – in this world. “I’m awake now.”

 

“Good. Now go and take your shower, or else you’ll be late for your work,” She was nagging towards Dabin as her hands were swiftly putting her scarf around her neck right in front of the mirror.

 

Dabin weakly walked out from his bed and stopped when he saw his girlfriend is still having her own time to get ready for work. He is totally mesmerized by her beauty, no matter how much he had seen it already.

 

For him, she is his everything. She is his world.

 

And he couldn’t even imagine his life without her.

 

She looks at herself closer from the mirror when the corner of her eyes saw Dabin is watching her in the same way as she had watch him in his sleep before. Her cheeks were soon turning red when she spotted that Dabin is smiling at her.

 

And she couldn’t resist herself from asking for the reason behind his smile.

 

“What? Why are you smiling, oppa?”

 

“You’re beautiful as always, Inhyoung ahh,” Dabin sincerely answered. “I think that I fall in love with you every day.”

 

“You’re being cheesy, oppa.”

 

“But I know you like it,” Dabin walked forward to Inhyoung and hugged her from behind. He casually placed his head on her shoulder which made both of their images now appeared on the mirror.

 

“What if I say I don’t?” Inhyoung jokingly questioned Dabin and glanced to their images that seem so perfect in her eyes.

 

“You don’t like it?” Dabin answered Inhyoung’s question with another question; as he kissed her cheek. “I don’t see any reason that will make you hate my words.”

 

“I don’t hate it,” Inhyoung stated as she turned her head to faced Dabin. “But I kind of dislike it.”

 

“Why?” Dabin soon broke the hug and now looking towards Inhyoung with his concerned eyes. “Tell me, Inhyoung, am I saying things that I shouldn’t say?”

 

“It’s because you’re the one who made me fall in love every day.”

 

Dabin stunned as soon as he heard Inhyoung’s confession. “Wait, what?! Yah! It’s just the same sentence as mine!”

 

“But I’d altered it a bit so it’s mine,” Inhyoung laugh triumphantly as she had pranked her boyfriend that morning; and it was turned out to be perfectly done.

 

“Whatever it is,” Dabin then held her chin up, for her eyes to look into his dark eyes. “I love you, Seo Inhyoung.”

 

“I love you too, Choi Dabin.”

 

They looked towards each other for seconds before the distance between them becomes slowly shorten. As if they were longing for each other; they slowly pulled themselves towards one another with their eyes slowly closed – until both of their lips touched.

 

No words could evenly describe their intimate feelings towards each other. But a single kiss could eventually express their love, their affections and their motives to stay by each other’s side; no matter what.

 

It’s a beautiful vow that has been made in silence, without words, which happened between two souls – and as pure as it could be, it shows how much true their love is.

 

Soon, they broke the kiss. And both Dabin and Inhyoung then smiled affectionately towards each other.

 

“Oppa,” Inhyoung glanced to Dabin. “I almost forgot it; do you possibly have brushed your teeth first before we kissed?”

 

Dabin’s sweet face soon turned pale and he gave a puppy looks to Inhyoung. “As a morning kiss should be in a natural way, so I-“

 

Inhyoung gave a death glare towards Dabin before she hit Dabin’s broad chest repeatedly. “Oppa!! How dare you!!”

 

“Ouch!” Dabin grimaced in pain every time Inhyoung’s hand hit him. “I didn’t mean to! I’m sorry but let’s just forget it, okay? Besides, we had kiss-“

 

“Don’t you ever remind me that!” Inhyoung soon closed Dabin’s mouth with her bare hands, before Dabin took his chance to hug her tightly as if he wouldn’t ever let her go.

 

As a person named Seo Inhyoung was the only person that loves him, and always be by his side as he never knew the identity of his parents.

 

The only thing that he knew is he was a loner.

 

No matter how much he wanted to throw the fact away, it’s still remained as the biggest misery in his life.

 

Inhyoung as if sensed something was off from Dabin quickly examined his face anxiously. “Oppa, are you okay?”

 

Dabin looked towards Inhyoung before he nodded. “I’m okay.”

 

Inhyoung then took Dabin’s hands away from her waist. “I’ve got to go first. Are you sure you are alright?”

 

“Yes, my dear Inhyoung.” Dabin gave his best smile towards Inhyoung before he pushed Inhyoung to the front door and tried his best to be back to his cheerful side. “Be careful! Call me when you’ve arrived, okay?”

 

Inhyoung slipped her feet into her sneakers and walked for several steps forward before she turned and waved her hand cheerfully to Dabin. “Yes, I will. Take care of yourself too, oppa!”

 

Dabin kept his smile on his visage up until Inhyoung’s figure was no longer visible in his eyes.

 

He sighed.

 

Maybe he shouldn’t have a thought about his pathetic life that he had go through before as for now, he already had Inhyoung by his side.

 

Maybe, just maybe, he should try to erase his history to start his life anew.

 

Now is the perfect time for him to turn over a new leaf; and lived his life no longer as a lonely Choi Dabin.

 

But as a new Choi Dabin that would give a deep meaning in someone’s life just by his existence in this world.

 

And most importantly; he is Seo Inhyoung’s lover that will love her with all his heart for forever.

 

 

Petite's Note : Did the title had somehow made you suddenly remembered of something - or, exactly to a title of a song? There's quite a lot of songs used 'Hello' as the title; but here, I'm more preferred to 'Hello' by Boys Republic as my inspiration during I'm writing this chapter. And, as I'd said before, this chapter is the starting point where I'm going to bring you back to the past, before incidents inside the prologue in Chapter 0 existed :)

And, thank you for the 3rd subscriber, MirandaB123 and also the 1st upvoter, BleedLikeMe~ <3

 

Words count : 2, 708