Chapter 3

The Disturbance (방해가 되다)
XSYKOTICA
Chapter 3 – Somnambulance
( somnambulate /sɑːm.ˈnæm.bju.ˌleɪt/ + -ance : to walk during sleep; sleepwalk )

 

The room was slightly dark as the only light source right above his head was could not even illuminated the whole area.

 

Sunwoo closed his eyes as his hand massage his temples. It’s almost 2 hours to be exact he had been brought here today from the temporary jail – in this interrogation room – involuntarily from his assignation ceremony inside BR Corporation’s hall.

 

With those humiliations that he had face during Detective Na handcuffed him in front of all the shareholders and senior managements of BR Corporation; he didn’t know how he should return to the company in the future.

 

CREAK

 

“Well, well,” Sunwoo opened up his eyes just to see Detective Na came inside the interrogation room with a mocking grin on his face. He also brought a ring file and a brown envelope with him. “Looks like you’d already lose your patience, don’t you? I know that time is money for most of the businessman but still; sorry, I’m purposely late.”

 

Sunwoo gritted his teeth. “What do you want from me?”

 

“Simple,” Detective Na took a seat across the table and faced Sunwoo. “I need your confession.”

 

As soon as he finished his sentences, he showed a brown envelope to Sunwoo before he took the contents inside and arranged all of it on the table.

 

“You see, these are all the pictures that we took right from the crime scene-“

 

“What?” Sunwoo exclaimed. He takes a look for all those pictures with a gulp. “What is this? Why you showed me all these horrible pictures?”

 

“Because you need to see the consequences for the crime that you had committed,” Detective Na crossed his arms across his chest. “Mr. Choi Sunwoo.”

 

Sunwoo scoffed. “Are you saying that the murder for this poor victim is me? I couldn’t believe this.”

 

“Whether you believe it or not, I still need your confession,” Detective Na stated. “You’re the killer, don’t you?”

 

“No! I’m not!” Sunwoo tried his best to deny the accusation towards him. He shook his head vigorously. “I’ll never do something evil like that!”

 

Detective Na eyed Sunwoo’s reaction carefully. As a police officer with four years experiences, he was trying to see of Sunwoo was telling the truth, or he’s not.

 

“I would like you to know a fact about me, Mr. Choi Sunwoo,” Detective Na stood up from his seat and slowly went towards Sunwoo. “I hate liars.”

 

He raised his hand high as if he was going to hit Sunwoo, but ended up as a pat on Sunwoo’s left shoulder.

 

He intentionally did that just to see Sunwoo’s fear. And he hoped that at least, Sunwoo would eventually admit his own crime.

 

“You should just tell me the truth,” Detective Na whispered into Sunwoo’s ear. “Before it’s too late, and before I’m going berserk on you.”

 

“I’m telling you!” Sunwoo started to fume up. “I’m not the killer that you looked for!”

 

“Fine. It’s your choice, anyway.”

 

Detective Na then swiftly took the ring file that he had put on the table before and hit Sunwoo’s head hardly until Sunwoo fell on the floor with a loud thud, together with the fallen chair that had echoed throughout the interrogation room.

 

Sunwoo cringed at the pain he received. But that act didn’t stop him from looking towards Detective Na Dokyun with rage.

 

Detective Na smirked as his eyes looked towards Sunwoo. “I’d warned you before, right?”

 

BAM

 

“What are you doing?!”

 

Both Detective Na and Sunwoo shifted their gazes to the door, just to see a police officer with a young woman behind him entered the interrogation room.

 

“Who are you? How can you-“

 

The young woman huffed at the sight in front of her eyes, totally ignoring Detective Na, before she quickly went towards Sunwoo to help him get up.

 

“Sir,” The police officer faced Detective Na with a salute. “This woman-“

 

“Who do you think you are to actually hurt a person while he’s under your control?” The woman then eyed Detective Na with anger as she helped Sunwoo to slowly stand up. “As a trained detective, I’m sure that you had known that violence is sternly prohibited for you to get the confession from the suspect; am I right?”

 

Detective Na shoved his hand to the police officer as a cue for him to go out from the interrogation room. The police officer then bowed to Detective Na before he closed the door behind him.

 

DUM

 

“I think we have some misunderstanding here, Miss,” Detective Na explained. “It’s a part of my interrogation-“

 

“Do you think I would believe that?”

 

Detective Na furrowed his eyebrows. And as for Sunwoo, he looked towards the woman that helped him before with his curious stare.

 

He was sure enough that he didn’t know her before. Who was her exactly?

 

“You better give Mr. Choi Sunwoo his right to stay silent if you don’t want me to report your behaviors, or even if you would like me to sue you in the future, maybe, you should keep doing violence to him.” Her eyes shone as she looked towards Detective Na. She calmly stated her stance, or threat; even though Detective Na had given her his death glare.

 

“Okay. It’s his right to stay silent,” Detective Na gritted his teeth. “Anyway, who are you?”

 

“I’m Mr. Choi Sunwoo’s lawyer,” She was still holding Sunwoo by her side as she made her own introduction. “My name is Yoo Sera.”

“It’s because you’re the one who made me fall in love every day.”

                                                                                                       

“It’s not me, Inhyoung ahh,” Dabin stated. “It’s you. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Choi Dabin.”

 

Dabin smiled. He knew that Inhyoung loves him as much as he loves her. “I love you, Seo Inhyoung.”

 

“I don’t love you, Choi Dabin.”

 

Dabin furrowed his eyebrows. “Wh-what did you say, Inhyoung ahh? You’re joking, right?”

 

“I’m sorry, Dabin.”

 

“Don’t even say sorry if you’re just going to make me turns out like this!!!”

 

Dabin opened up his eyes in surprise. His hand clenched into fists. And his forehead was sweating all over as if he had just been in a marathon before.

 

But he didn’t care about himself; as he had a nightmare in his dream.

 

He lost Inhyoung.

 

“It’s just a dream, Choi Dabin. Just a dream,” Dabin slowly went up from his bed and soon his eyes scanned his house’s messy condition. He could vividly saw the dishes together with the scattered pieces of plates and cups on the floor.

 

And, he could saw the torn pieces of Inhyoung’s clothes beside his stature.

 

“No...,” Dabin muttered under his breath. “It can’t be.” Then, he fell back on his bed with his gazes glued on the pictures of him and Inhyoung on the floor near him.

 

“Seo Inhyoung...”

 

“I had never once loved you, Choi Dabin. All I have for you is no other but pity, as in my eyes, you’re so pitiful.”

 

Dabin gritted his teeth. “Shut up.”

 

“This relationship is over; how many times do I have to tell you that?”

 

“It’s all lies,” Dabin closed his ears with his hands. He didn’t want to hear Inhyoung’s voices in his head.

 

But it keeps haunting him.

 

“I don’t love you, Choi Dabin.”

 

“I said I don’t want to hear it!!” Dabin then let out his anger by trampled continuously over the photos full with hatred.

 

He hated himself for letting her go.

 

Tears went down from his eyes. In an instance, his silent cries turned into a loud sobs. And he even called for Inhyoung’s name for many times like a mantra – a mantra that could call her back to him.

 

Dabin couldn’t accept the fact that easily even though he knew that Inhyoung had already gone from his life. And he wouldn’t accept that fact.

 

He could still remember their love that once they cherished together for all these three years – right from their first meeting up until yesterday’s night. All the moments that they had go through together; it couldn’t be erased that easily from his mind.

 

He was sure that those memories won’t be easily forgotten in Inhyoung’s mind too.

 

Dabin chose to hold onto those reasons to get back Inhyoung. He will confront her.

 

“This isn’t right,” Dabin lifted his head up. “My Inhyoung won’t do something without any reason. There must be a reason behind all these.”

 

With that belief, Dabin went out from his house to look for Inhyoung, leaving behind all those chaotic scenes in his house without even bothered to put all of it back to its places.

 

As Inhyoung was his top priority now.

 

“Inhyoung ahh! Seo Inhyoung!”

 

Dabin looked for her in almost everywhere near his house, but he couldn’t even found any of her traces, or even Inhyoung’s herself.

 

He started to worry. What if anything bad happened to her?

 

“No. She is just fine,” Dabin shook his head. He continued his search for her in town area as he started to realize that she works in one of the famous coffee shop in town.

 

He walked faster than his usual speed towards a building near a luxury boutique in city of Seoul.

 

‘Secret Coffee’

 

Dabin walked towards the café before he suddenly halted his steps on the first step of the café’s stairs. His hand was hardly shaking and he could felt his lips suddenly dried.

 

His breath caught. He was suddenly afraid to face his own decision. He was afraid if he would see Inhyoung with another man besides him. He afraid if what he’ll listen from is totally opposite from what he had thought of before.

 

Dabin sighed hard. It was a hard decision for him.

 

Should he surrender?

 

CLINK

 

“I’m going to throw this- oh?”

 

Dabin startled. And the person that was standing in front of him with a bag of garbage in his hand was also surprised by Dabin’s appearance.

 

“You,” The person spoke. “You’re Seo Inhyoung’s boyfriend, isn’t it?”

 

Dabin couldn’t hide his utter shock. His eyes bulged. “You know me?”

 

“Ah yes, umm, not quite really. It just Inhyoung always told me, well maybe not always, but in most of the time, she told me about you. I can tell that she loves you very much,” The person grinned. “And she had once showed me your picture in her phone several days ago. That’s why I could recognize you.”

 

“I see,” Dabin weakly nodded. But deep in his heart, he knew that somehow his hunch was right. There must be a reason why Inhyoung left him, as he could feel that Inhyoung had really loves him.

 

But the question inside his mind remained as a question...why?

 

“I’m sorry, but could you please excuse me for a moment? I need to put this garbage over there,” The person then showed towards the garbage bin with his forefinger before he went towards the bin with the garbage.

 

Dabin looked towards the man in his twenty from behind. Then, he shifted his gaze towards the black plastic garbage bag that been beside the garbage bin.

 

It looks slightly bigger for a coffee shop’s garbage though.

 

“So, let us have a proper introduction then. I’m Jo Wonjun, Seo Inhyoung’s co-worker,” Wonjun smiled as he made his self-introduction to Dabin.

 

“I’m Choi Dabin, Inhy-” Dabin stopped his sentences as soon as he remembered that he wasn’t Inhyoung’s boyfriend anymore. Their relationship was over – even though he keeps denied – on today’s morning. He coughed a bit when the realization hit him. “Just call me Dabin.”

 

“Okay,” Wonjun nodded in affirmation. And the friendly smile of him was still on his face.

 

Then, Dabin glanced over towards the café’s interior from the glass window. He looked for her.

 

“Is Inhyoung on duty for today?”

 

“No,” Wonjun eyed Dabin carefully. “You don’t know about that?”

 

“Know about what?”

 

“Inhyoung had already sent her resignation yesterday.”

 

“What?” Dabin was totally flabbergasted. Inhyoung hadn’t told him about her resignation at all yesterday.

 

And that made Dabin couldn’t stop from being more worried about Inhyoung’s condition. And at the same time, he was also wondering where she had been right now.

 

Dabin quickly took his phone from his pocket and dialled for Inhyoung’s number.

 

TUT

 

“Please pick up the phone, Inhyoung ahh.”

 

TUT

 

Dabin could felt his heartbeat quickened. He really hopes that Inhyoung would answer his call.

 

“This is the voicemail of-“

 

He swiftly pressed the virtual red button in disappointment.

 

“I had tried to call her once today and she didn’t pick up,” Wonjun stated with a pout. “I thought she will answer your call as you’re her boyfriend.”

 

“She’s not,” Dabin sighed hard as her eyes still looking to his phone screen with a blank stare. His grip on his phone was tightened.

 

“But I really hope she will.”

 

 

Petite's Note : I'm really sorry as the updates for this chapter is quite late. I'm quite busy to finish up my longest fic ever that I'd write in this site, 'Going Crazy'. But as it is now completed, so I can focus more in updating this story~ :D

So, the song recommendation for this chapter is 'Somnambulance' by Boys Republic and Teen Top's 'Missing'. This chapter is quite short to be frank but I really hope that you could felt both Sunwoo and Dabin's difficult situations that they faced. And, the new characters had been revealed; Yoo Sera and Boys Republic's leader, Jo Wonjun (One Junn)~ ^^


Credit to Dictionary.com for the exact meaning for the this chapter's title : Somnambulance :)

*Edited : 3/8/2015

 

Words count : 2, 151