Chapter 10

The Disturbance (방해가 되다)
XSYKOTICA
Chapter 10 – Epilogue

The long trial session had finally reached to its end.

 

And now, they were no longer inside the courtroom that was filled with tension air. They successfully made their own getaway to have a view of a beautiful lake in front of them right from inside the car.

 

He turned his soft looks towards a person who was sleeping soundly right beside him. He slowly her hair and put the fallen strands of hair at the back of her ear.

 

His lips curled up into a smile as soon as she scrunched her nose before she’s back to her deep slumber.

 

It was fascinating, at least in his eyes, just to see her calm face once again.

 

He sighed. He could still remember vividly for the moment that almost took her away from him.

 

He reached for her hands and intertwined their fingers as gentle as he could.

 

How he wished for the incident never happened; so that she could smile as broadly as before.

 

“I got it!”

 

Changwook quickly stormed into the room as soon as he heard the exclamation. “Where is it?”

 

“It’s quite hard to track her phone at first,” The lad said as he faced Changwook tensed face that was staring to his computer’s screen. “But I found it. And this is her current location at.

 

A written paper been handed to Changwook’s hand.

 

“Thanks a lot.”

 

Changwook patted his friend’s shoulder before he made his way out from the room; or exactly, he went out from Tracker Room inside Seoul District Police Headquarters.

 

“You found it?” Suddenly, Detective Na appeared and walked beside Changwook as he read the address written on the paper after Changwook handed him the paper.

 

“That location wasn’t quite far from Seoul though,” Changwook stated. Detective Na nodded.

 

“You’re right. Let’s go. I had already gathered my team.”

 

Changwook nodded. He walked behind Detective Na before suddenly his phone rang and he quickly picked it up right after he saw the caller ID on the screen.

 

Kim Sihyoung.

 

“I’ve got the result for the specimen that you sent to me. Can I just tell to you about it by phone?”

 

“It’s okay. Tell me now about it, Sihyoung sshi,” Changwook ordered.

 

“The white residues that have been found inside the energy drink bottle,” Sihyoung paused for a second before he continued. “It is a drug. And it wasn’t an ordinary drug; as it can lead someone to severe hallucinations. And the worst case is, it can also lead someone to death, if a person consumed it excessively above the particular dosage.”

 

“Wait up,” Changwook raise a brow and halted his steps. “You said that it could lead to death if it’s been taken over its dosage. Doesn’t it mean that the residues are actually some kind of medicine?”

 

“You’re right on that point, Changwook sshi,” Sihyoung said. “It is a special medicine used to treat someone with mental illness; mostly for someone that suffered from bipolar disorder or even DID.”

 

“Sihyoung sshi. Thank you so much for the information.”

 

TUT

 

Changwook raised his head up. He gripped on his phone hard.

 

“Sera...please wait for me.”

 

“No...”

 

He snapped back to reality and faced her with concern. She was now speaking incoherent words, with her hand that squeezed Changwook’s hand hard. It was like she was having a nightmare; and yet she was actually expressed it without her knowledge.

 

“It’s okay...” He swiftly hugged her and kissed her hair. “You’re safe now.”

 

She puffed for a second before she was back to her calm sleeping state before as if she felt safe in Changwook’s arms.

 

He sighed. With her that was still in his arms, he tightened the hug more and tenderly kissed her forehead.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry,” He closed his eyes as tears started to roll down his cheeks. He knew that he should be strong for her sake, but deep inside his heart; he felt guilty in almost every time he saw her been struggled with her nightmare, which was actually the dark experience that she had go through month ago.

 

He knows that time would heal everything, and he really hoped that she would eventually forget it.

 

But as for him, he never thought that he could forget that easily, as it was a mental note for him to protect her even more.

 

“I’m sorry. I should save you earlier before.”

 

“Let her go!!”

 

Changwook swiftly pulled him away and continuously punched his face in rage.

 

“I don’t even care who you are! I will kill you!”

 

“Changwook sshi!” Detective Na called for Changwook’s name as he and his subordinates tried their best to stop Changwook and snapped him back to reality. He held Changwook’s arms and pushed him aside.

 

“Anger wouldn’t solve anything, Ji Changwook! I’ll handle him from here-”

 

“No!” Changwook shifted his gaze to Detective Na. “I want to kill him!”

 

“Changwook sshi! Please, don’t. I’m sure that Miss Yoo won’t approve that.”

 

Changwook stopped as soon as Sera’s name been said from Detective Na’s mouth. His eyes then bewildered almost everywhere, up until he saw a fragile body that lay on the cold floor.

 

“Sera. Yoo Sera,” Changwook stood up and swiftly moved towards her. He pushed the police officers that held him before aside, and now he was already held her securely in his arms.

 

“Sera, do you hear me?”

 

“Sir, you couldn’t-“

 

“Yoo Sera,” Changwook called for her name again, totally ignoring the police officers near him. “Wake up please. Please, I’m begging you – please open your eyes. I know you can hear me-“

 

He stunned. Was this a deja-vu? Would it turned out to be exactly like his dream?

 

“No...” Changwook shook his head. He hugged Sera tighter as if he wouldn’t let her go from him. “My Sera is a strong girl. She will make it. She will stay alive.”

 

He murmured softly to himself as tears welled up in his eyes.

 

“Please don’t go,” Changwook begged. He totally didn’t care of his appearance in front of people right now; as all that he wants right now is for Sera to stay alive.

 

It’s all because he finally realized that he loves her. And he would like to make her his for forever.

 

“Please stay alive,” Changwook whispered to Sera’s ear. “I love you, Yoo Sera.”

 

TAK

 

He looked aside, straightly to the white envelope that fell from his car’s dashboard to his seat. He raised a brow and stretched his hand to take the envelope closer to him.

 

Record Files [CONFIDENTIAL]

 

He looked over to the person beside him. She was still sleeping.

 

He softly took away his hand from her back and opened the envelope, revealed a profile of a person that he knew.

 

“Choi Sunwoo,” He said out Sunwoo’s name softly. His fingers then took out another sheets right behind Sunwoo’s profile. “Choi Dabin.”

 

”Changwook sshi?”

 

His eyes widened as soon as he saw she was already awake from her deep sleep. He swiftly put back those papers inside the envelope and slid it to his side, away from her sight.

 

“Oh Sera sshi,” Changwook smiled. “You’re awake already?”

 

Sera nodded. “Sorry. I shouldn’t sleep in the first place.”

 

“No, no. You don’t have to say sorry, Sera yah,” Changwook hugged Sera before he planted a kiss on her forehead. “Being able to be here with you is more than enough for me.”

 

Sera flinched. She could felt that her cheeks were blushing. “Y-you’re being so cheesy.”

 

“It’s because,” Changwook broke the hug and stare deeply to Sera’s eyes. He smiled. “I don’t want to live in regret anymore, Sera yah.”

 

He took Sera’s right hand and touched the small carved diamond ring on Sera’s ring finger affectionately. “Ever since you say yes that day, I had already made a promise in myself that I will protect you with my life.”

 

Sera stunned. She still vividly remembered how Changwook had proposed to her right after she had been dismissed from hospital.

 

And she still remembered their first kiss, as soon as she said yes to his proposal. It’s awkward for her at first, as she only thought of Changwook as her senior and her boss only – nothing more.

 

But the sincerity in his eyes, the way that he cared for her since from the dark incident did make her heart palpitated in every time she was with him, up until this second.

 

Maybe she too, was in love with him.

 

Sera lowered her head. She tried her best to hide her blushing face from Changwook. “Umm...before I forgot, how about Mr. Choi Jinhyuk? Is he going back to Berlin?”

 

Sera bit her lower lips. She had successfully changed the topic in order to stop herself from blushing; and at the same time updating herself regarding the case.

 

“Yes, he is,” Changwook simply replied. “He met me yesterday and says that he was sorry for everything that happened to you, in behalf of his younger brother.”

 

Sera nodded. “He doesn’t have to do that actually. I’m just completing my duty as her brother’s lawyer, that’s all. And I haven’t even finished it up for him.”

 

“Yoo Sera,” Changwook lifted her head up. “You don’t have to be sorry for that. Everybody knows how much you try your very best until you,” He swallowed. “Until you almost die-“

 

Sera put her forefinger on Changwook’s lips. “Now, don’t say that. I’m alive now and it wasn’t your fault.”

 

Sera sighed. She knows better that Changwook was trying to put all the blame on his shoulders.

 

“If you say so,” Changwook leaned in, and slowly reduced the gap between them. “Okay.”

 

Sera closed her eyes as their lips went near to each other. And soon they kissed affectionately as if to express their longing feelings of one another.

 

“Changwook sshi,” Sera slowly called out his name soon after they broke the kiss. “I-I...”

 

Changwook eyed Sera lovingly and shook his head. “Don’t say anything-“

 

“I love you.”

 

Changwook eyes widened. But as soon as he could process every word that came out from Sera’s mouth, he grinned from ear to ear as he hugged Sera tightly in his arms.

 

“Thank you, Yoo Sera. I love you too.”

 

“It’s you who killed Dr. Noh. Not me.”

 

Sunwoo sighed. “Choi Dabin. Enough.”

 

“Why should I stop?” Dabin smirked. “Do you think that I’ll give you some mercy as you’re just currently recovered?”

 

“You’re the one who made me almost die, after all,” Sunwoo replied.

 

Dabin flinched. His face scrunched as he saw a placid reaction on Sunwoo’s face. “You look calm enough to face me, your doppelganger.”

 

“Frankly speaking,” Sunwoo took a deep breathe. “I don’t like to see you.”

 

Dabin raised a brow. He was participating Sunwoo’s answer, and yet, he was giving the same answer as himself.

 

“I hate you,” Dabin slowly uttered. “Choi Sunwoo.”

 

“Hate me as much as you want to,” Sunwoo said. “I don’t care.”

 

“Really?” Dabin gave a doubtful look towards Sunwoo. “You will still act ignorant if I say that...I know you?”

 

Sunwoo swallowed. “Don’t lie. You do know nothing about me.”

 

“As expected, you’re going to deny it Sunwoo sshi.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You think?” Dabin laughed his heart out as he saw how Sunwoo tried his best to contain his anger.

 

“Why you have to kill him in the first place, Dabin sshi?”

 

Dabin muted himself. He didn’t speak or denied it either. He was just staring; staring right into Sunwoo’s eyes.

 

And at that very moment, as if Sunwoo could felt a part of him in despair when he looked towards his doppelganger.

 

It’s like he looked towards himself, his reflection – that suddenly triggered his heart to feel some pity to Dabin.

 

It’s strange, he knew it. But he couldn’t stop himself from thinking so.

 

It was like Choi Sunwoo is Choi Dabin; and Choi Dabin is Choi Sunwoo – they were almost inseparable, and couldn’t be easily differentiate between one another.

 

“Choi Sunwoo,” Dabin spoke after some time of silence. “You’re the killer.”

 

“You want to see me?”

 

“No!!” Sunwoo quickly stood up from his seat, thus made the seat fell on the floor with a loud thud.

 

“I’m not!!”

 

“Ugh...”

 

Sunwoo shook his head vigorously. “I’m really not!”

 

“Why you do this to me...

 

...Choi Sunwoo?”

 

Sunwoo fell on the ground as his legs weakened and couldn’t support himself to stay stoic. He looked towards his shaking hands – and he could still remember the moment when his hand drenched with bloods – Dr. Noh bloods.

 

It’s all happened...just in a blink of eye.

 

“You want to see me?”

 

He nodded. “Yes.”

 

Dr. Noh smiled. “You know what; you’re making a great choice right now.”

 

He simply shrugged as his eyes scanning his surroundings anxiously.

 

“Don’t afraid,” Dr. Noh tapped his shoulder. “I’ll help you to get rid of them.”

 

“Who do you think you are?” He held Dr. Noh’s hand hard. He scoffed. “You could never get rid of me!”

 

“W-who are you?” Dr. Noh stuttered. He looked towards the person in front of him that was already changed into another character.

 

“I’m Choi Dabin.”

 

“Dabin sshi,” Dr. Noh swallowed. “You’re not-“

 

“I’m Jo Wonjun.”

 

Dr. Noh’s eyes widened. Then, once again the person changed his husky voice to a feminine-like voice.

 

“I’m Seo Inhyoung.”

 

“Look,” Dr. Noh tried his best to get hold of the person. “All of you cannot do this to him! You’re not even exist-“

 

“Who says so?” He smirked as he gave his death glare to Dr. Noh. His voice was back to the man’s voice, but with a slight difference in the tone. “I’m the real one.”

 

Just as Dr. Noh tried to say something, the man bickered with himself.

 

“You’re not Kim Minsu!” The man yelled. He eyed Dr. Noh with his piercing eyes. “The real one is me, Park Sungjun.”

 

Dr. Noh gasped. He never thought that there were many of them...right inside that one person.

 

“Doctor,” The man suddenly spoke up to Dr. Noh. He looked weak. “They’re suffocating me...”

 

“Get hold of yourself,” Dr. Noh held the man’s weakened body that almost fell on the ground. “You can do it, trust me.”

 

The man panted heavily as if he had completed a hard task all by himself. He lowered his head and says nothing.

 

Dr. Noh started to feel worry. “Are you okay-“

 

SWOOSH

 

“Ugh...”

 

Dr. Noh glanced to his lower abdomen that was starting to bleed. He pressed his hands on the wound and glanced back to the person in front of him that was holding a knife in his hand.

 

“Is that hurt?”

 

“Y-you...”

 

The man then leaned over to Dr. Noh’s ear, and whispered. “Remember my name. I’m Lee Suwoong.”

 

SWOOSH

 

Dr.Noh fell on the ground with his eyes glued to the person in disbelief. “Why you do this to me...” He gritted his teeth. “...Choi Sunwoo?”

 

Sunwoo smirked. He squatted down beside Dr. Noh and held his face. “It’s all because I’m them; and they’re me. And you,” Sunwoo twisted Dr. Noh’s neck before he stood up and looked towards Dr. Noh’s body with an empty look.

 

“You’re just that one person that was trying to break us apart.”

 

“You had finally remember everything by now, don’t you?”

 

Sunwoo shook his head. “I don’t do anything at all!! I’m innocent-“

 

Sunwoo suddenly paused as soon as he couldn’t see Dabin sat across the glass wall anymore. He took his courage to stand up and turned to his side – when he suddenly found a mirror.

 

Sunwoo’s eyes widened. As if he was looking to Dabin before, he could now see himself in oversized white clothes with a black tope tied around him like he was an asylum’s patient-

 

-and that’s when he finally realized.

 

 

 

The one who killed Dr. Noh;

 

The one who almost killed Yoo Sera;

 

The one that he talked to just now;

 

The voice that he usually heard in his head;

 

The one that he called as his doppelganger;

 

The one that create the character of those six characters;

 

Is no other; but himself,

 

 

 

Choi Sunwoo.

 

Words count : 2, 700