Chapter 2

The Disturbance (방해가 되다)
XSYKOTICA
Chapter 2 – Mishap
( /ˈmɪs.hæp/ - bad luck, or an unlucky event or accident )

 

It was a cloudless and moonless night. The skies were in pitch black as if it was a sign that it’s going to be rain soon.

 

But, in a metropolitan city of Seoul, there were a lot of lights beamed among one another from the skyscrapers’ that made the unusual changes in the atmosphere seem just the same.

 

As if the city never sleeps, the resident inside the city were also having their own time in the middle of the night.

 

There were many people wearing suits and formal attires having their own enjoyment with some alcoholic drinks or even just by tapping their feet, following to the rhythm of the music. And there were also some of those people used this opportunity to simply meet and greet with someone in high social status like B-list and A-list people in order to expand their business, or even make an agreement to merge between companies, by any means.

 

All of them did wear a façade; in order to keep their selfish desire hidden right in the bottom of their heart, mind and soul.

 

Hypocrite; yes, they was – but in this Business world, they had to obtain that kind of character, so that they could stay alive and compete against each other, even though they have to play foul for the worst.

 

And as a man that was born inside a well-known family like him, he had already used by those people that only know how to value money in their own greed – and most importantly, they weren’t people who valued any unprofitable relationship.

 

And in order to make them believe for the profit value that they will receive and he will obtain, he has to meet them.

 

“Sir,” A call from his secretary suddenly snapped him back to reality. “All of them had already arrived.”

 

“Good. It seems that I’d to make my appearance now isn’t it?”

 

“Yes Sir. They are waiting for your arrival.” His secretary bowed as soon as he stood up and buttoned up his coat. He gave a cue for his secretary to tag along as he walks to the hall.

 

It wasn’t a long walk as he had already being inside the hotel right inside his presidential suite, waiting for everyone’s arrival before he made his entrance, so that he could showed them who’s the honoured one.

 

It was a small party that been held right inside a hall that had been booked since two weeks ago in a 5-star hotel that have its good reputation in managing a VIP event like this. And it’s really a place where could please each and every taste of those elite categories.

 

As soon as the door opened, a big grin had already been plastered on his face as he made his way up to the front line of banquet table, which he had reserved earlier specially for him, as he was the one who invited all these people.

 

As he passes by several tables, he did bow and greet them shortly to make it seems more natural.

 

He has his own desire, and totally need a strong support in order to make his dreams come true.

 

Maybe he seems just the same as those people; but he knew he was different.

 

He sat on the chair and slightly nodded his head when his secretary was going right on the stage to give the opening talk for tonight’s party.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to say welcome to tonight’s party and thank you so much for coming,” Secretary Kim carefully said out his speech and smiled. Everyone was now giving him a full attention; and he knew better that this is the perfect time for it.

 

“And as I’m not the right person to actually welcome all of you, let me invite our honoured person that was responsible for gathering all of us right now. I present you, Mr. Choi Sunwoo!”

 

A huge crowd applauded Sunwoo as he stood up and bowed to all of them. Then, he walked to the stage and took the microphone from his secretary before he gave his steady looks towards the crowd.

 

“Good evening. I’m Choi Sunwoo, the BR Corporation’s Head Director will-be as for tomorrow I’ll be starting to have my official title. And I do hope for your cooperation and help to give guidances for me in this Business industry so that I can please your expectations, and maybe, becoming a person that beyond your own imagination.”

 

A loud applause and wooed could be vividly heard, and by that simple gesture, he knew more that he would eventually achieve his dream.

 

Dream comes true.

 

“So, as to not disturbing this party any further; I will like it if you do enjoy tonight’s party that I’d held in order to show my utmost gratitude to everyone. Thank you.”

 

Sunwoo ended his speech with his corporate smile that had become his trademark in every time he was in meeting with his business partners. He turned his head to the left, just to meet his secretary gazes and mouthed ‘thank you’ before he made his way down from the stage.

 

Secretary Kim bowed. He was glad that he could make Sunwoo’s little wish becomes perfectly fine.

 

Now, it’s just the assignation ceremony left; and everything was perfect.

Flashes of lightning lit up the darkened sky, followed by cracks of thunder as though in reply. The rain came down without any prior notice.

 

“It’s raining,” A soft murmur came out from Inhyoung’s mouth as she was looking towards the rain with deep thoughts invading her mind. She was standing right beside the window when suddenly she could felt a warm aura embraced her in a hug.

 

“Oppa? You’ve already back?” Inhyoung quickly asked him as she eyed his wet hair in despair. “You should have told me earlier so that I could fetch you with umbrella at the station though.”

 

“No need to do that, Inhyoung ahh,” Dabin tightened his hug. “Your presence had already made me feels warm and cosy.”

 

“Yeah, right,” Inhyoung rolled her eyes in annoyance when Dabin had talked his cheesy words again. “I’m not a fire pit.”

 

Dabin scoffed. “Should you really do that, Seo Inhyoung? I didn’t care what you think, as everything that I need is already here.”

 

Inhyoung smiled. She then put both of her hands on Dabin’s hands on her waist softly. “All that I need is also here.”

 

Dabin grinned as soon as he heard Inhyoung’s words just now. He was still wet from the rain and yet he never want to let go of Inhyoung, as much as he didn’t want her to go away from him either.

 

“Oppa, you should take warm shower first. You’re getting cold.” Inhyoung sounds concerned as soon as she broke the hug and held Dabin’s hand.

 

Dabin nodded obediently. He was soon gone inside his bedroom before he suddenly ran back and gave Inhyoung a quick peck on her lips.

 

“Love you!”

 

Inhyoung laughed. She was never thought that Dabin could be both manly, and at the same time very bubbly towards her.

 

But that somehow made her feels like she wants to protect Dabin with her love. As a loner that didn’t even know who his parents are, she was fully aware that Dabin was a helpless person that needs a lot care and attention; and his naïve side had already proven Inhyoung’s thought.

 

And it caused her to fall deeply in love with him. And she will always love him – even though they weren’t mean to be.

 

Inhyoung walked to the kitchen and soon prepared every food that she cooked just now on the small rounded dining table.

 

Tomorrow is their 3rd year anniversary. And tonight, they will celebrate it with a grand dinner.

 

Dabin had finally finished shower and quickly went out from his bedroom with his messy and wet hair as he made his way to greet Inhyoung who was still in her way in making the final touch of the foods on the table.

 

“Inhyoung ahh,”

 

“Yah! Your hair is still wet, oppa,” Inhyoung then swiftly sat on the shabby sofa and motioned Dabin to sat on the floor for her to easily dried his hair.

 

Then, she quickly took a dry towel from Sunwoo’s shoulder and lightly dried his hair. After she had satisfied with Dabin’s hair, she finally stopped.

 

“Your hair is done. Now, let’s eat!”

 

Inhyoung put away the towel aside and took Dabin’s hand in hers to bring him over to the table that was full with various kind of food right on it.

 

“Wow,” Dabin exclaimed as soon as his eyes saw the foods. “Why I feel like its Chuseok or something like that?”

 

“No. It’s not for Chuseok, you know that right,” Inhyoung let out a small cackles as she placed one of the kimchi right on top of Dabin’s bowl of rice. “I cook this specially for tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow?” Dabin furrowed his eyebrows as he eyed Inhyoung in his deep gaze. “What day is tomorrow?”

 

“Friday, 15 April,” Inhyoung smiled meaningfully. She hoped that the date itself will ring a bell inside Dabin’s mind.

 

“15 April,” Dabin slowly closed his eyes and tried his best to remember any special event on the date. Then, he opened one of his eyes to simply peek towards Inhyoung’s pouted face.

 

She looks disappointed. And Dabin knew better what the day was, and why it could be so important to both of them.

 

But he decided to act as if the day was nothing, just to see Inhyoung’s reaction for it.

 

“I don’t remember. Maybe a kiss could let my mind to collect it back?” Dabin smiled sheepishly as he made a lie about him forgetting their 3rd anniversary.

 

“Oppa!!” Inhyoung suddenly stood up from her seats and eyed Dabin with hurtful eyes. “Do you think that this is funny?!”

 

Dabin was startled. He never thought that Inhyoung will take his jokes seriously. He soon stood up and went to Inhyoung that had already started to cry.

 

“Inhyoung ahh,” Dabin slowly called for Inhyoung’s name. “I’m sorry. I do remember the date, very much. I mean, why and how could I forget it? It’s the important date that changes my life for this whole three years.”

 

“Then, why you said that you didn’t remember? I felt hurt; as if I was nobody inside your life.” Inhyoung was still weeping silently as she cupped her face, so that Dabin wouldn’t see her tearful eyes.

 

“You’re the one who change my life, Inhyoung ahh. It’s you,” Dabin slowly put down both of her hands and wiped her tears with her thumb. “And I will always love you, Seo Inhyoung; not just for this three years that we had through together, but for forever.”

 

Inhyoung put her head down; she just couldn’t meet Dabin’s eyes right now. Moreover, he had made his confession which turns out to touch Inhyoung’s heart with his every word.

 

But, Dabin wouldn’t let her cry because of him – no more.

 

He softly pulled her chin up, until their eyes meet each other; and he could see that tears still streaming down her face; as same as the rain that poured heavily at the outside of their house. Even so, Dabin leaned in and gave a soft kiss to both of her eyes, before he hugged her tightly in his arms.

 

“Happy 3rd anniversary, Inhyoung ahh,” Dabin said out his wish softly to Inhyoung’s ear. “I promise that I won’t leave you, and we’ll be together for forever, no matter what.”

Today is the day.

 

Sunwoo sits on his chair with his usual expressionless face, as his eyes stayed on the stage that was located few meters across him.

 

This was the moment that he waited for years; this is it.

 

He would finally become the Head Director of BR Corporation.

 

All eyes set on him as the news of his assignation came out in notice right on today’s morning in every BR Corporation’s notice board. Every worker – right from CEOs’ up until to the janitor – they were now would know better their new Head Director; which was the second son of Choi Ilguk and also the younger brother of President Choi Jinhyuk of BR Corporation in Berlin Headquarters, yet a promising man to fill the position was someone named Choi Sunwoo.

 

He smiled in satisfaction. He never felt this happy in his entire life; as all his efforts were finally worth it.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen,” The emcee called out for an attention from all the respective shareholders and the senior management inside the hall as he was going to started the ceremony.

 

“I would like to welcome our new BR Corporation’s Head Director, Mr. Choi Sunwoo, to give his first and foremost speech for today’s event.”

 

As soon as his name been announced, Sunwoo quickly stood up and moved towards the podium on the stage. He looked for every faces right in front of his eyes with confidence.

 

He would never let their expectations down.

 

“Good morning. I’m Choi Sunwoo, the new Head Director of BR Corporation,” As soon as he said so, there were a great applause; mostly coming from people that supported him.

 

He smiled. “I wouldn’t like to say much, but I would like to make a promise to all of the shareholders,” Sunwoo shifted his gazes to the right and also to the left. “And also to the senior management of BR Corporation.”

 

He took a short breathe before continuing his sentences.

 

“I will prove myself is the real one for this position and,” Sunwoo smiled broadly. “I will try my very best to draw a great future of BR Corporation in the future. Thank you.”

 

A round of applause was given once again as Sunwoo got down from the podium and bowed.

 

BAM

 

Suddenly, there were several people made their sudden appearances into the hall. Each and every bodyguard had been called over to stop them from entering the hall, but now, it seems too late.

 

One of the people then moved forward, which made one of the bodyguards hampered his way by force – but failed.

 

A loud thud could be heard as soon as the bodyguard had been jerked forward near to the stage, where Sunwoo stood rooted to the ground; didn’t know how to react to this total opposite situation.

 

Who exactly are them? And how…they could simply barged in?

 

Sunwoo then swiftly went to the person that had just showed a violence right in front of his eyes with rage. “Who are you? What do you want?”

 

The person just eyed Sunwoo before a smirk formed on his face. “I’m sorry for creating such a ruckus in this event; or your assignation ceremony, Mr. Choi Sunwoo; am I right?”

 

“Yes, I’m Choi Sunwoo. This is my assignation ceremony and, you ruined it,” Sunwoo replied sarcastically before he took his turn to ask a question. “Just who are you?”

 

CLINK

 

“Who am I isn’t important as who you are, Mr. Choi Sunwoo,” The person then suddenly put Sunwoo’s right hand inside a handcuffs.

 

Sunwoo scoffed. “What the hell are you talking about? I don’t even know you, and besides you know me – that was so unfair, you know?”

 

“Whether it’s unfair or not,” The person then shoved his police identification card right in front of Sunwoo’s face.

 

And Sunwoo could clearly read his name. Detective Na Dokyun.

 

“You’re under arrest, Mr. Choi Sunwoo.”

 

Sunwoo’s eyes bulged. He couldn’t believe his ears.

 

 “I’m under arrest? What for? I didn’t even do anything wrong that against the law!”

 

“You have the right to stay silent,” Detective Na calmly spoke the right to Sunwoo. “Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court.”

 

“What?!” Sunwoo couldn’t calm himself any longer as he grabbed Dokyun’s collar. “What have I done until I’d to face this kind of humiliation? Why me?”

 

“Ask yourself,” Dokyun pushed Sunwoo’s hand aside before he fixed his collar. “I’m sure you know that better, after all.”

 

And as he wanted to lurch forward to strangle Dokyun, both of his arms were being held by force by the other two people, and he eventually had been brought out from the hall involuntarily.

 

And all his perfect dreams just now, turn into smithereens in a blink of eye.

Dabin slept soundly in his bed as his hand was searching for a figure that should be right by his side.

 

But she wasn’t there.

 

Half-panicked, he quickly got up from his bed when his eyes suddenly fell to a luggage right in front of his bed.

 

TAP

 

“You’re awake, oppa?”

 

Dabin quickly shifted his gaze towards Inhyoung as his forefinger showed her to the luggage. “What is this?”

 

“I’m moving out,” Inhyoung bluntly replied. “And actually I never meant to do this but-“

 

“But what?!” Dabin shouted as he could felt that this was going to be the worst nightmare that he will actually experience.

 

His worst nightmare; Inhyoung would leave him.

 

Inhyoung gulped as soon as she heard Dabin’s harsh tone that she never encountered before. She nervously clenched her fists.

 

No matter what, she would still take this decision.

 

“Let’s break-up.”

 

Dabin was totally flabbergasted. His mouth left agape as his mind was trying its best to process Inhyoung’s sentence repeatedly up until he found back his guts to speak. “Wh-what are you trying to say, Inhyoung ahh?”

 

“I’d already said it. I want a break-up.”

 

Dabin hurriedly went up from his stature and faced Inhyoung with his soft gazes. He softly touched her face. “Inhyoung ahh…why? Today is our 3rd anniversary and yet I’d promised you that I won’t leave you and we’ll be together for forever – don’t you believe me enough?”

 

Inhyoung shifted her eyes to her side as soon as she pushed away Dabin’s hand. She didn’t want to meet Dabin’s eyes at the moment. “I already make my mind. I hope that you’ll accept it.”

 

“No!! I don’t accept this! I won’t!!”

 

“Don’t be such a selfish person, won’t you?!” Inhyoung yelled in rage. “This relationship is over; how many times do I have to tell you that?”

 

“It’s not over. It isn’t over yet,” Dabin shook his head fervently before he held Inhyoung’s shoulder. “Inhyoung ahh. You know that I have nobody except you? Do you know that I love you?”

 

Inhyoung remained silent. She couldn’t say anything at all.

 

It’s true that Dabin loves her very much. She even know that Dabin have no one else besides her.

 

But she has to do this. She had to.

 

“Why you didn’t answer me?” Dabin shook Inhyoung’s shoulders harshly. “Answer me, Seo Inhyoung! Answer me!”

 

“I don’t love you, Choi Dabin,” Inhyoung opened up and finally found the courage to say it. “I had never once loved you, Choi Dabin. All I have for you is no other but pity, as in my eyes, you’re so pitiful.”

 

Dabin’s grip loosened as he moved backwards for several steps away from Inhyoung.

 

Lies,” Dabin muttered under his breath. “It’s all lies, right?”

 

“No, Dabin. It’s true,” Inhyoung sternly stated. “All that I’ve said just now is true.”

 

“Then how about when you said you loved me?! Everything that we shared together before in these three years; what was that?”

 

Inhyoung softly shook her head. “I’m sorry, Dabin.”

 

“Don’t even say sorry if you’re just going to make me turns out like this!!!” Dabin quickly went towards the dining table and wiped dishes on the table that Inhyoung had already cooked as his breakfast with his bare hands.

 

Inhyoung gasped. She was just about to stop him before she finally heard Dabin’s loud sobs as he fell weightlessly on the floor, right beside the ruckus that he had just made.

 

How she wished that she could hug him and cooed him; but she knew that she would never have a chance to do that.

 

And yet, she wasn’t the right person to do that anymore.

 

That was the consequences that she had to faced, as she had made her decision to put Dabin back to his loner condition, like he was in three years ago.

 

As she thought that this was the right time for her to leave him, she took away her luggage and slowly made her way to the front door.

 

TAK

 

Inhyoung turned around to see Dabin’s back figure for the last time.

 

She know that she would never forget him; not even once.

 

And she was ready for it.

 

Choi Dabin. Goodbye.

 

Her hand slowly closed the door behind her; and everything was over between her and Dabin.

 

Tears ran down her face as she ran away far from Dabin’s house, as she cursed herself for regretting her last moments together with Dabin that was ended badly.

 

How she wished that will be given another chance to rectify her mistake, and leaving him in a silent goodbye – as that was the best for both of them.

 

She never intended to hurt his feelings, and she never thought that she will eventually leave him in the future.

 

But she would never run back to him even though how much her heart wants to.

 

She had to do this for his sake; and for her sake.

 

All she could do just now to just hope that Dabin would eventually forget her, for forever.

 

“I’m sorry, Choi Dabin. Farewell.”

 

 

Petite's Note : Song recommended for this chapter is absolutely 'Here I Am' by Sunny Hill; or you can even choose the other track from your playlists too. And as for this chapter, it is the headstart of the incident where two of them would be eventually connected with each other. How about if you try and guess for the storyline in the next chapter? :)  And here, I'd also made a cameo appearance of Na Dokyun from History for the detective's character.

 

To my 4th subscriber and also the 2nd upvoter, marygo - a million thanks for you, dear~ <3

 

Words count : 3, 594