Jimin Oppa

Can I Have This Dance?

Your POV:

Ugh, what a boring Sunday night. I wonder what the girls are up to? Maybe I should give them a call.

ring ring

“Hi Minnieee”

“Hi Hyoseong unnie, what are you doing?”

“Oh the girls and I are studying for this economics test at the moment.”

“Mad invite guys…I’m so bored.”

“Well, you don’t do economics remember? And maybe go dancing or something. That always seems to occupy you.”

“Haha right. Okay unnie I’ll do just that. See you tomorrow. Bye!”

 

Author’s POV:

With that, you changed into some comfortable clothes for dancing- black, mini sport shorts, a grey tank top and some Nike shoes and you headed towards the large shed at the back of your house, where you and the girls practiced dancing. You decided to practice your solo parts for Fantasy’s routine for the dance competition and you quickly got into it.

After a while, you started to become bored as you ran through each of the steps over twenty times, perfecting each one. It was time to do a bit of freestyle. Today, you decided to freestyle to some contemporary music since you already danced to some hard-core hip-hop. You pressed the play button and you let the music take over. Immediately your body started to feel the rhythm and flow of the song. You closed your eyes and you began to dance. You concentrated yourself so much with the music that you didn’t notice a pair of eyes watching you by the doorway. The person gave you a little smirk and took their leave.

The first song is finishing up and you slowly open your eyes as you come to a freeze in your last pose. Suddenly you heard clapping coming from the doorway. Startled, you abruptly turned around to see who it is. You saw a guy with a smile on his face, showing his eye smile, waving at you and holding a plastic bag of refreshments and snacks. You stared at him with your shocked expression and he approached you and waves his hand over your face.

“MinAe-ssi~! Annyeong~”

“Jimin-ssi you scared me. Don’t do that ever again.” You finally calmed down and took a seat, leaning your back against the wall.

“What are you doing here?” You asked.

“Just had a chat to the gang leaders about a task.”

Jimin sat down next to you and asked, “Coke or Pepsi?”

You gave him a face, “Really Jimin-ssi, really?”

“You know there’s actually a difference?” You thought that there was no point arguing with him so you just take the Coke.

“So, MinAe-ssi, how’s life?” Jimin said, as he took a sip out of his Pepsi can.

“Tiring.” You said with a sigh.

“Aw, what’s up?”

“It’s really complicated but pretty much there’s this guy at school who just won’t leave me alone.”

“Oh, an admirer?” Jimin said, with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

“No.”

“Well then…” His voice livening up, “Why’s he following you?”

“Just because I’m avoiding him…”

Jimin’s voice saddens again, “Lovers’ quarrel?”

“No, Jimin-ssi, I’m not in a relationship with the guy. I can’t even count him as a friend. I can’t.”

Seeing that you were looking down, Jimin decided to change the topic.

“So… How long have you been dancing?”

“Since I was 10. I had to find some stress reliever from all these tasks my parents gave me and I turned to dancing. I guess I just fell in love with it. How about you?”

“Mmmm… Since I was 9 I’m pretty sure. It started after my parents abandoned me at that age and I was left to walk on the streets.”

“Umma! Appa!” 9-year old Jimin called. He looked around the entire house but no one was around.

“Umma!! Appa!!” with tears forming in his eyes he ran to his parent’s room and looked into their wardrobe. Empty. They had just abandoned him and he was left with nothing. He finds a note on their bed and read it.

“Jimin-ah, we’re sorry for leaving you, but we had come across some trouble and had no choice but to leave. We couldn’t take you along because then we’d put you in real danger. We know you’re young son, but we trust that you can travel to school on your own and ask to stay at one of your friend’s house for a while. We love you son, and we’re so sorry.

Love, Umma and Appa”

Not really knowing how to read all the words to the letter, Jimin didn’t understand what was going on. But instead of feeling sadness, he felt betrayal and anger. He scrunches up the note and runs to his room to pack a few of his things into his backpack. He realized that he never felt any love from his parents. Maybe because his dad wasn’t really his real dad. His mum had him with a different man before she was married to the man he lived with just yesterday. With realizing these things, he felt stupid and furious with himself. He ran away, not knowing whether he’ll live the next day or not.

Jimin arrived in the streets of Seoul and made his way towards the arcade. There, he attempted to steal a few coins from a kid, which then turned into a fight. Thanks to 3 years of doing taekwondo, he was able to beat the kid. The kid stood up from the ground and looked at Jimin in awe.

“Hey, you’re a pretty good fighter.” He says.

Jimin stares at him in confusion, “…That isn’t something a guy I just bashed up would say.”

The kid laughs a bit and nods in agreement. “Well my friends and I are actually fighters that work for this company. If you’re interested, come join us. We would be honoured to have you on our team.”

Seeing that he had nowhere else to go, he took the offer.

 

“And that kid there was J-Hope hyung. I’m actually really lucky to be living right now and it’s thanks to them. I was able to live at a nice home, take dance classes and eat really yummy food! You know, I don’t even know why I’m telling you all thi- MinAe! OMO! Why are you crying!”

“It’s just, your story is so sad!” You exclaimed as you wiped the tears off your face. “You went through a lot Jimin-ssi… and if it weren’t for J-hope-ssi, you may not have been alive right now and none of us would’ve met you!”

Jimin smiled and moved closer to you to wipe away your tears. “It’s okay MinAe-ssi, that’s all in the past now. I’m here now, so don’t worry about it anymore. You wanna know something else about me?”

“Is it sad?” You whimpered.

“No, I’m just telling you this to make you think of something else. I’m just letting you know that although BTS were my first real friends, and they dance and all that, I’m actually part of a different dance crew.”

“Really?” You said, slowly forgetting the sad things.

“Yeh, my dance group is called Double JC. You’ll see my crew at the dance battle soon.”

“Ah okays.”

“So… MinAe-ssi, are you really worried about me? Would you be sad if I left, just like that?”

“Of course I would be…”

“AWWW you care about me!”

“PFFT forget what I said. I’m not gonna miss you at all. You ruined the moment Jimin-ssi!”

“Oh, so we had a moment?”

“Wait what? No we didn’t.”

“But you just said we di-“

“No we didn’t.”

“Hahah ok ok I’ll stop teasing you now. You know MinAe-ssi, you come out with a really cold, quiet and blunt personality but talking to you just before showed me that you’re a really sensitive, caring and cute girl.”

You blushed at the sudden compliments and looked away. “Oh really.”

Jimin laughs at your shyness. “Yes. Now, can I have this dance?” Jimin stood up and bent down, offering his hand to you. You smiled and took his hand. He pressed the button on the CD player and tango music started to play.

“Ooo, tango, one of my favourites. You know how to tango right MinAe-ssi?”

“Yes I do.” You smiled.

You both started to dance passionately. You both feel some sort of connection between you two as every dance move you two pulled out, was perfectly in sync.

As the song drew to a powerful close, Jimin twirled you outwards, and when you twirled back to him, your back faced his chest and he brings you down, holding your back, while your hands are wrapped around his neck. You stared at each other intensely, and Jimin brings his face closer to yours. You blushed from being so close.

Jimin whispered in your ear, “Not bad MinAe-ssi.”

You blushed even more and quickly get out of the position you both were in.

“Thanks…” you said, brushing the hair from your face and giving him an awkward smile.

Jimin smiles, amused at how embarrassed you were, “Well, thanks for being someone I can talk to. I’ll take my leave now. Bye~”

“Bye…” you waved.

Jimin took his bag and made his way towards the door, but then he suddenly stopped.

“Call me Jimin oppa from now on.”

“Really? We’re not even a year apart right?”

“Doesn’t matter, I’m still older than you.” He smiled and started heading out again. “Bye Min~”

He exited the shed and you stood there, taking in what he just called you.

Min? Really Jimin oppa really? How lame. With that, you made your way to your room to take a shower.

After showering you lied in bed thinking about dancing with Jimin. You remembered how close your face was to his and you blushed and felt a weird feeling in your stomach.

“What the heck… Why is my stomach feeling like this?” You decided to ignore it and slowly fell asleep, thinking about your dance partner that night.                                                               


Hey readersss! So sorry for the delay!! Was so busy and tired for the past week! Nevertheless hope you Jimin-biased readers enjoyed this chappie!! 

-Mae.