Retrieval

Can I Have This Dance?

The next day after school you headed straight home to take one more look at the folder.

 

“Task- Retrieval: Rival gang, Shadows have stolen an important file of ours. Infiltrate their company building and retrieve it. Previous research has been made already and it’s been found out that it’s in the top drawer of the gang president.”

 

You changed your clothes to black pants, a black hoodie and black gloves, which was your usual task outfit and you headed to the company building. It was a large grey building, with a dark aura surrounding it. You headed towards the back door and made your way to the rooftop where the entrances of the vents were. Quietly, you crawled through, looking at all the rooms through the flyscreens. After about 10 minutes of crawling you looked through a flyscreen and you see a desk with a label, ‘President Im’.

“This must be the room.” You whispered to yourself. You looked around to make sure nobody was in the room and listened to make sure no one was coming in. With the coast clear, you took the flyscreen off and carefully lowered yourself to the floor. Those chin up workouts helped you a lot with your upper body strength. You headed towards the president’s drawers and effortlessly took the file.

“This is too easy.” You thought. Usually your parents would give you something a bit more challenging. Suddenly, the alarm sounded.

“Crap! I forgot about the security cameras. Dammit!” You made a run for it. You opened the president’s door and planned to head towards the fire exits but you were confronted with some of Shadow’s men. You were outnumbered but you skilfully beat them all to the ground. You ran towards the exit stairs and managed to escape the building. You turned the corner and you felt an excruciating pain in your stomach. You saw blood everywhere but all you were thinking was that you had to get this file back to your parents. You kicked the man in his private area with a large amount of force and made a run for it with the last bit of strength you had left.

 

Changjo’s POV (his thoughts):

Where is that old music store? I’m sure it’s here somewhere... Google Maps should be right.

Huh? That girl over there looks familiar… Oh, isn’t that MinAe from Fantasy? Why is she limping? What the hell she just coughed up blood! I should go help her!

End of Changjo’s POV

 

You struggled to stay conscious but you had to get home to treat your wound. Your whole body was feeling numb and your vision was starting to blur. You saw a male figure running towards you and he held your arm to support you.

“MinAe-ssi! What happened to you! Here, let me take you to the hospital. I’ll call for a taxi just wait.” He quickly made a call for a taxi.

“Changjo?” You’re suddenly aware of what was happening so your eyes widened. He was going to question you as to why you’re in this state you thought. So, you bluntly refused.

“Thanks for the offer but I don’t need any hospital or doctors to cure me. I can take care of myself.” You weakly said.

“MinAe-ssi look at yourself. You’re losing a lot of blood and if I don’t take you to the hospital, I’ll feel guilty forever because I had the chance to help you but didn’t. So just stay with me.”

“No. I’m fine. My house is just a few minutes away from-“

“MinAe-ssi! Far out. When is the damn taxi coming!?” He lifted up your unconscious self and carried you bridal style while waiting for the taxi.

-

Your eyes slowly opened and you heard a steady beep. You looked to your side and you saw Changjo on his phone.

“Changjo… What happened?” He looked up from his phone, surprised to hear another voice.

“You’re finally awake. Well you fainted while arguing with me… Hang on, let me call the nur-“

“Thanks for your help but you should go home now. I’ll be fine on my own.” Changjo stared at you in shock. He didn’t know you were a blunt person.

“No it’s fine. I’ll stay till you’re discharged so I can take you home.”

“Leave. My parents were probably contacted already and will be here soon. I don’t want them to see me with a guy. I can’t be bothered explaining anything to them.”

“MinAe-ssi, I’ll explain so don’t wor-“

“Just leave. Thanks for your help but just go home now.” You said while you stared at the ceiling.

Changjo felt defeated so he decided to leave.

“Bye MinAe-ssi, get well soon… I’ll see you at school.”

With him gone, you went back to sleep. You felt too exhausted to keep your eyes open.

-

You woke up again, probably after two or so hours and this time you woke up to the faces of your parents. They didn’t look too happy, but you didn’t see a glint of worry in their faces. You saw more of disappointment.

“MinAe you disappointed us. It’s clear that you didn’t train enough for this task. Or train enough at all! This task was probably the easiest of all tasks and you failed.”

That phrase penetrated into your ears and resounded in your brain.

 

“You failed.”

 

A few days later you were discharged from the hospital, and was given medicine to help heal your wound. When you arrived home, your parents told you that as punishment, you’ll be home-schooled for a week. They said that there were too many distractions at school so it would be better to learn at home for a while to get your focus back.

You lied down on your bed and stared at the ceiling. You’ve only been at school for two days and now you have to be absent for a week. With a sigh, you agreed with your parents that you need to get your focus back, so you stopped worrying. You drifted off to sleep, without feeling angry with your parents but just going along with their orders. Emotionless, is what you are.


Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! Thankyou for reading again! ^^

- Mae. xx