Average Day, Not So Average Girl

Can I Have This Dance?

Author's note: When you think stuff, the words are in italics! 

 

beep beep beep

 

You swiftly grab your phone and turn off your alarm.

 

“And it’s school time again.” You sigh.

 

Today was your first day back to school from your summer holidays and it was your last year. You were determined to make this year count and earn the highest scores possible, as expected from a perfectionist. You took a shower, changed into your uniform and prepared all your things for school then you walked downstairs to have breakfast. When you arrived at the bottom of your stairs, you are greeted with an empty living room. As usual, your parents were out working. With a shrug, you went on to make your breakfast. When you finished eating, you grabbed the money your parents left for you at the dinner table and headed out to walk to school.

 

You finally arrived at your school.

“Loen High” the big sign read. It was a pretty average school. Not a prestige school or a low grade, out of control school.

“MinAe-yahhhhhhhh!” Sunhwa crashes into you with a bear hug. You squealed from the sudden contact and smiled at the other 3 girls coming your way.

“Why didn’t you come meet up with us at all during the holidays! Made me sad… I missed you!” She said while pinching your cheeks and pouting.

“Sorry guys, I had to train really hard for this task my parents gave… I couldn’t stuff this one up, my parents expect perfection from me.”

“That’s what you say with every task we get.” Hyoseong laughed.

“Well…” You tried to think of a comeback but blanked out.

The girls laughed at your failure and dragged you into the school telling you all their stories from the holidays.

 

It was finally lunchtime and you stretched in your chair, finally being able to relax after focusing so much during your classes. You packed your things and walked out to your locker to put your books in there. Your friends were waiting for you already at your locker so you could all go to the cafeteria together. When you and your friends started your walk to the cafeteria, you saw many people looking at your group and talking amongst themselves. You heard a few comments such as:

“Wow… It’s Fantasy, Queenkas of Loen High. They’re so beautiful! I’m jealous…”

“MinAe has really gotten more prettier during the holidays.”

“I wish my body was as slender as Jieun.”

“I’m so proud that I’m in the same school as Fantasy, all my other friends are jealous of me.”

 

You all got your food and found a table to sit down on. When you were all settled, you told your friends, “I still don’t understand why they call us Fantasy… Like… Why? And why do they always give us such nice comments... What did we ever do?” 

“Even I don’t know MinAe… I tried telling them to stop but they wouldn’t listen. We can’t do anything except let them do what they want.” Jieun laughed.

“One person told me that they called us Fantasy because our beauty is like the beauty of fairies or whatever in fantasy books.” Hyoseong pointed out.

You giggled at the people’s silliness and continued to eat your food. Suddenly, screams were heard from all around the cafeteria.

“KYAAA! Teen Top oppas! They’re so handsome omgg!”

“Oppas look at me! I got a new haircut!”

You bursted out laughing to yourself because of that last comment you heard. Like why would you tell someone who doesn’t even acknowledge you that you got a new haircut. As you calmed down, your eyes wandered over to Teen Top. You had to admit, those six boys are very good-looking, especially the tall one with the nice jawline. What was his name again? Jang-? Chang-?

Hana interrupted your thoughts.

“MinAe~ I see you looking at Changjo with glittery eyes~ what is this all about huh~?”

“Ahh so that’s what his name was… I was just admiring his looks.” You say. “Crap.” You just said your thoughts out loud.

The girls all smiled at you and began teasing you.

“OoooOOOoo! MinAe has a crush on Changjo~!” said Sunhwa.

“Finally she’s giving time in her life for boys and relationships!” Hyoseong sighed.

“MY BABY IS ALL GROWN UP!” Jieun started fake crying.

“You guys! It’s not what you think it is! I’m sure you’d all think the same thing anyways. Plus, I’m too busy for relationships and I think they’re useless.”

They all groaned at your independence and you stared at them with a ‘your-opinion-is-irrelevant-to- me’ face.

“Sorry MinAe but C.A.P is way hotter.” Sunhwa said to lighten the mood. Everyone laughed and you all continued to eat.

“So are you girls all up for dancing tonight?” Hyoseong­­­ suggested.

“Seriously unnie? It’s a Monday. I would love to but I’ve already got piles of work to do.” You said.

They all nodded in agreement and decided to go out and dance another day. You guys weren’t as free as you were last year, when you guys would go out and enter all sorts of dance competitions or party frequently.

 

-

 

You were back home and you found your parents at the dinner table doing paper work.

“Hi mom and dad.” You greeted.

“Hello MinAe, how was school?” Before you could answer they continued, “Here’s your next task. Train well and don’t mess up. We don’t want you getting hurt.”

They said that without giving you a single glance. You took the folder, walk up to your room, and crashed on your bed because of being so tired.

You sighed to yourself, “Ahh, another task. Hopefully this doesn’t interfere with my studies.”

 

Well the background story for these tasks, was because your parents were gang leaders. Ever since you were 10 years old, they started training you to fight and plan strategies for all sorts of things. You thought of it as a privilege to work for your parents.

 

“Train well and don’t mess up. We don’t want you getting hurt.”

 

You never really questioned your parents before. Although they don’t want you to get hurt, they give you these dangerous missions to do for them, but you just agree with what they want because they’re your parents and parents know what’s best for you… right? 

 


YAS chapter 1 is up!! Please let me know if there are any spelling/grammar errors! Thankyou so much for reading this even though my foreward and description were pretty crappy haha. I have a lot more in store for all you wonderful readers! I'll upload the next chapter sometime this week! 2 chappies/week is how I'm gonna roll guys :) Hope you all are finding my story even a little bit interesting hehe. xx

- silvermoonlight