Shopping With Changjo

Can I Have This Dance?

 It is 8.30am in the morning and you wake up to your phone vibrating like crazy. A bit irritated, you grabbed your phone and checked who’s been messaging you. This is what you read.

 

-MinAe-yah it’s Changjo

-Are you awake yet?

-Allow me to wake you up

-M

-I

-N

-A

-E

-Y

-A

-H

-Wake upppppppp!

-Because…..

-We’re

-Going

-To

-Go

-Shopping

-At

-10am

-I’ll pick you up at 10am ok? See you then~!

You stared at your phone then slammed your head into your pillow. You let out a groan of giving up. You felt like he’s never going to give you a break. He just keeps making your life more difficult. You looked back at your phone and replied back to him.

-No.

You buried your face in your pillow again when your phone vibrated.

He replies quickly

-I’ll see you at 10am ^^

-I said no.

-Pleaseeeee! >.<

-No.

-This is part of my last favour MinAe-yah… please…

Feeling a bit bad, you finally give in.

-ok fine…where are we going?

-Places.

You rolled your eyes at him trying to be mysterious and got to up to prepare for the day. You showered and picked out the clothes that you’ll wear for the day. While choosing what you’ll be wearing, you realized you’ve never actually been out with a guy… ever. You suddenly stopped moving through the clothes in your closet and thought, “What should I wear?” you blanked out for a bit then thought, “Stuff it… It’s not a date.” You chose the clothes you’ll be wearing and go over to your mirror to apply some light makeup and also fix up your hair. 

You finished preparing everything with 10 minutes to spare so you went outside to your front door and patiently waited for Changjo.

At 10am sharp he arrived. He arrived in a very attractive outfit. You didn’t realize yourself staring at him.

In your thoughts, you thought how handsome he really was. Unconsciously your jaw started to drop as you stared him up and down.

 

Changjo’s POV:

I turn the corner to MinAe’s house and as I enter the front fence to her house, there she was. She stood up at the sight of me and it felt as if time stopped. I stared at her because of how beautiful she looked. Forget about watching over her from afar, she’ll be mine. Even if she’s acting cold towards me, I’ll get her to open up to me. I know she’s warm hearted but something’s stopping her from becoming my friend. I’ll find out soon enough and gain her trust. A girl like her is hard to come by. She’s independent, kind, funny, and strong and there are many other qualities I have yet to discover. As a bonus, she’s also beautiful. I can’t let her slip out of my hands. I may sound like I like her for her looks but trust me; her mysteriousness has caught my attention.

End of Changjo’s POV

 

Changjo raised his hands and closed one eye. He made a square with his hands and fit you in the square, making it like a picture frame.

“OK! I know exactly what type of dress would suit you!” He exclaimed.

You snapped out of your gaze and walked towards him. “Let’s just get this day over with. Where are we going?”

“We’re going to the mall obviously!”

You rolled your eyes at him and walk ahead. He caught up to you and you both made your way towards the mall.

-

You both arrived at the mall and you start walking towards a store that looked fancy but Changjo stopped you. You stared at him, confused.

“You haven’t had breakfast yet have you? Let’s go have brunch. My treat.” He smiled at you. To his surprise you nodded and smiled. On your way to the mall, you were actually thinking that you would act normally towards Changjo today. Normal, as in friendly. You felt too bad for yelling at him so you decided to cut him some slack and let him do as he pleased today.

You both decided to go for some bibimbap. While eating, Changjo asked, “MinAe-yah, can you please tell me why you’re avoiding me?”

You stared at your food for a second thinking how to reply. “It’s complicated.” You smiled at him and continued eating your food. He smiled back and continued eating his food as well. It sort of surprised you that he wasn’t being so persistent.

After eating you both went into the shop you wanted to go in before. Changjo looked at all the formal dresses but wasn’t satisfied with any of them. You went into store after store but Changjo still wasn’t satisfied. You sat down at a bench, sighing because you were still empty-handed, after 1 and a half hours.

“Changjo...Can you please just pick a dress?” You pleaded to him, pouting.

“Aigoo MinAe you’re too cute~ but no, I have to find the perfect one. Hmmm. I think a red dress will suit you well. Let’s go over there!” He pointed to a shop and dragged you along with him. You wondered why this guy was more enthusiastic than you when it came to shopping.

You both entered the shop and Changjo immediately saw an elegant red dress. He took it and told you to try it on. You walked into the change room and Changjo waited for you outside. While you changed, the sales lady walked up to Changjo and asked, “Is she your girlfriend? She’s really beautiful. The both of you make a lovely couple.” Changjo smiled at her and said, “Hopefully one day she will be.” The two chatted a bit more about relationships until they were disturbed by a cough. They both turned their heads and Changjo’s jaw dropped while the sales lady stared at you in envy. Your long, slender legs and curves were finely flaunted in the tight-fitted red dress. Your black hair and milky, white skin also contrasted with the dress, making the colour suit you perfectly. Changjo walked up to you and placed his hands on your shoulders. You blushed at the sudden skinship.

“It’s perfect.” He smiled and turned to the lady, “We’ll take it.” You changed back into your casual clothes and handed the lady the dress. The both of you quarrelled for a bit, deciding who would pay but Changjo won. The both of you then went to look for shoes. You chose and payed this time.

After all that walking around, you were exhausted so you sat down on a table in the food court. Changjo told you to wait for him while he bought you both some bubble tea. You sat there massaging your legs because they hurt so much. Suddenly, a shadow hovered over you and you looked up to see a group of boys, smiling at you. You had no clue who they were.

“Hi, do you need anything?” You politely asked.

“Your number cutie.” One of them said, winking at you. You groaned because of the amount of times you’ve been in this situation before. If you weren’t in a crowded place, you would’ve already beat the crap out of these guys.

“My number isn’t meant to be given out to strangers, sorry. Now can you please leave?”

“Can we join you instead?” another guy asked, sitting down on the chair in front of you. You quietly prayed that Changjo would come back because another guy decided to sit right next to you and put their arm around you.

“Are you single? Because I am. If you give me your number then we’ll become the cutest couple ever.”

GrossWhat is taking Changjo so long?!

You were about to push the guy away when the guy hugged you tighter.

“Answer me babe. Are you single?”

You responded, “Can you just get lo-“

“She’s taken.” Changjo appeared holding two cups of bubble tea. He placed the drinks on the table and shoved the guy off you. It felt like you were looking at a different Changjo. His gaze was different. It felt very assuring to you and you felt protected. The group of boys sensed that Changjo wasn’t a person to be messing with because of his tall and muscular build, so they immediately ran off, apologizing.

“Thanks Changjo.” You said, sighing in relief.

“Anytime. Are you okay?”

“Yes I am. What took you so long?”

“Oh..umm I ran into some friends and spoke a bit with them.. sorry…”

“No it’s fine. I’m alright anyway.” You smiled at him.

“Well you seem really tired. I’ll walk you home while we drink our bubble tea.” He smiled and he handed you your drink.

-

You finally arrived home, changed into your home clothes and got ready for an early bed time. You came home at around 7 since Changjo decided to take you to the park and his other favourite places.

“Ahhhh I’m so drained!” You fell onto your bed and snuggled up into your blanket. You thought back on your day and smiled at all the occurences. From Changjo’s sudden skinship with you, to the time he protected you from the group of boys. It felt nice to have attention from someone. You felt a weird feeling in you. You have never felt it before and it was a bit strange.

After a while of reminiscing, you stopped smiling. Changjo was a target. Liking him is a no. Getting friendly with him is a no. Your parents could’ve seen him today in front of your house!

“I need to be more careful. Cold MinAe is starting from tomorrow again.” With that said, you teared up and fell asleep to avoid any more sad thoughts.

-

Next day at school, to your misery, Changjo approached you again. You quietly walked past him and ran out of his sight.

This is so difficult…

Changjo as well, found it difficult.

“Again MinAe-yah? Why?” He whispered to your running figure. He felt a bit discouraged but he a felt better knowing that he had already made a bit of impact in your life. 


As promised, here is your update! Is Changjo the missing piece in your innocent, cold heart? Stay tuned to find out!! Hehehehehe. Love you all! 

-Mae. xx