I Don't Need New Friends

Can I Have This Dance?

A week had finally passed by. You were bored out of your mind at home since your parents didn’t let you go out either. But now you were happily walking to school, excited to see Fantasy again and be surrounded by noise, rather than silence. When you arrived at school Fantasy rushed over to you and gave you hugs full of sympathy and worry. They told you that they heard all about what happened from the other gang members and that they tried to see you but your parents wouldn’t let them. You thanked them for their concern but assured them that you’re ok.

“Do you want to go dancing tonight to relieve your stress?” Hana suggested.

“Nah, not today, just incase my wound opens up again.” You laughed.

You all walked to your respective classrooms to start the first lesson of the day. While you were walking, in the distance, Changjo had already seen you and was staring at you walk to your class. He made up his mind to keep an eye on you to make sure there was always someone to help you if you felt any pain.

During lunchtime, while you were walking to the cafeteria, you caught Changjo hiding behind the wall looking at you.

“Hey creeper, what do you want?” You asked.

“Ah, I was caught. MinAe-ssi I’ve been following you since morning to make sure you were safe. That’s all.”

“It’s ok Changjo-ssi, I’m fine.” You started to walk away but as you turned your head around, he was following you still.

“Changjo-ssi, I’m really thankful that you’re taking care of me but people are looking at us strangely.. Plus I’m actually feeling ok now!”

“No I’m not going to leave you. You made me leave the hospital last week, but I’m going to be staying now. Ok? I’ll leave when I want.”

You smiled at his kindness and you sighed in defeat.

“Fine, do what you want Changjo-ssi, but don’t blame me if you get bored. Come, I’ll introduce you to the rest of Fantasy.”

Changjo willingly followed and when you both arrived at the table, Fantasy looked at the both of you, with their jaws dropped. You were with a guy, for the first time ever. You caught Sunhwa winking at you and you just facepalmed yourself.

“Guys this is-“

“We know who this is, hi Changjo-ssi~!” Hyoseong cooed, to irritate you.

The six of you ate lunch together and had small talk. It was a really fun lunchtime with Changjo’s company.

 

-

 

When you arrived home, your parents handed a new folder.

“MinAe I’m sure you’re still disappointed at yourself for failing the other mission. So, here’s a new one to redeem yourself- “Bring Down Choi Corporations” was the title. "This operation will commence with different phases, all spread out in different times. Therefore, you have a lot of time to train up. Your training will begin a week from now. But first, follow us to our office.”

You began to follow them when the doorbell rang. The house helper opened the door and Fantasy was there.

“Hey MinAe, we’re part of this mission too.” Jieun smiled.

You were overjoyed that you wouldn't be working alone and your mood changed from nervousness to relief and joy.

You and Fantasy then continued to follow your parents to their office. The door of their office opened and inside, you saw seven boys, all wearing casual, but fierce clothing.

“Fantasy, meet Bangtan Boy Scouts, or BTS for short. They will be working with you on this mission. Boys, introduce yourselves.” Your mum said.

“Annyeongahseyo, we are Bang! Tan!” they did this weird action thing and you were surprised at their unity. You felt as if they were going to be a big help with this task.

They all introduced themselves and you all shook each other’s hands.

Later at night, you lied in your bed reading the files on this new task.  It was written,

 

“Mr Choi is on the negative list. He’s got a wife and a son. His wife owns a café in Gangnam and it is a growing business and his son is still a student. Choi Jonghyun is his name but people refer to him as Changjo...”

 

You stared at the file in disbelief, unable to read the rest of the information. You remembered Changjo’s last name was also Choi. Well… You were in a state of confusion. You’re going to have to take down his father’s company and you can’t back out of this one. You made a decision to distance yourself from him. It’s better not to get too attached.

 

-

 

The next day at school was difficult. Changjo had been following you everywhere and he wouldn’t leave you alone. You tried being more cold to him and pushing him away but he wouldn’t listen to you.

“Why are you pushing me away MinAe? I just want to make sure you’re ok!”

“I am ok Changjo! See! Look at me! I feel no pain at all! I’m able to walk, run and jump. I’m completely normal!”

“I told you I won’t be leaving you until I want to.”

“Changjo you’re getting annoying.” It was honestly quite difficult for you to say that since you really liked his company the other day.

“I’m sorry, but my conscience is telling me to look after you. I’m. Staying.”

“Changjo, leave.”

“No.”

“I said leave.”

“MinAe, I want to be your friend alright? I want to take care of you. You should try making more friends at this school! Don’t you think it’d be more fun with more friends? You’ll have Fantasy and Teen Top! Stop being so antisocial! ” You stared at Changjo, almost tearing up. You also want to be his friend but you can’t. With one last push, you gathered all the courage you could muster and told him, “Don’t follow me anymore. I don’t need new friends.” With that, you walked away, teary eyed. Changjo was left there all confused.

“I won’t give up MinAe. I’ll get you to open up to me one day… I’ll take care of you whether you like it or not.” 


Hey y'all!! Hope this chapter was a great read!! Thankyou again for reading my fic <3 

Look forward to the next update!! :D