Favour

Can I Have This Dance?

You arrived at school and met up with the other girls. Your day was as usual so far, being greeted with a lot of compliments, focusing on your schoolwork, watching Teen Top get trampled over by fangirls and avoiding Changjo.

“MinAe-yah… please stop avoiding me.” Changjo stopped in front of you to make you stop walking. You came to a halt.

“Changjo-ssi, for the hundredth time, please leave me alone.”

“You’re being all formal again… I told you to just call me Changjo.”

“We’re not close.” You walked away leaving him alone and downcasted. You were feeling extremely bad for what you just said to him but what could you do? How could you be his friend without feeling guilty for soon being the cause of his father’s bankruptcy?  As you were walking, you had a slight hope in your head.

“What if I only assumed that Changjo was Mr Choi’s son? What if he isn’t? I really didn’t make sure…”

You made up your mind. You went to look for Teen Top to ask about Changjo’s real name. Who knew… he might not even be Mr Choi’s son and you would have been avoiding him for nothing.

It took you a really short time to find Teen Top. You just followed the screams of the fangirls. You saw the five of them in the distance and obviously, a large amount of girls were trying to get their attention. You tried to push through the girls but it was too difficult.

“Omg these girls are crazy…”

You saw no way to get through so you decided to do something you hardly did. You never really liked being the centre of attention but this was important.

“YAHH!” You yelled as loudly as you could and the screams died down. Teen Top looked at you blankly and the fangirls became irritated for being disturbed. They all turned around to see who yelled and were about to charge but seeing as it was you, they became intimidated and just looked at you in fear. No one liked it when you were angry. It was a rare sight because you hardly became angry due to your kind personality. But when you do get angry, it was really chaotic. Just imagine a mad, uncontrollable girl punching everyone who gets in her way. Yeh… That’s you. You felt awkward from all these eyes staring at you and slowly approached Teen Top. The fangirls formed a path.

“Hey…” You shyly said because the silence was so awkward.

“Hi MinAe~ What’s up? You never talk to us.” L.Joe said.

“You’re actually as beautiful as all the other guys say.” Chunji winked at you. You rolled your eyes at Chunji and you heard sighs of defeat. You turned around and see all the fangirls feeling insecure of their bodies and faces. You felt bad for stealing Teen Top for a bit but this was urgent. You turned back to Teen Top and just got to the point.

“What’s Changjo’s real name?” You said bluntly.

“Nawww she’s into Changjo…It’s his jawline isn’t it?!” Ricky pouted.

“Damn that kid.” C.A.P said.

“Guys answer me.” You started getting impatient.

“Wow a feisty one.” Niel says, shocked.

“Feisty is nice.” L.Joe exclaimed.

“Please just tell me guys…” You started to sound desperate and unintentionally pout.

“AIGOO CUTE!” Ricky said, reaching out to pinch your cheeks but you step back out of his reach.

“Eyyy. Ok ok. His real name is Jonghyun. Choi Jonghyun.” Ricky informed. You stare at Ricky in disbelief.

“MinAe-ssi~ annyeong~ are you still there?” Chunji waved his hand in front of your face and you snapped out of your daze.

“Ah yeh…um thanks guys… see you around.” You started walking away when you realised that the fangirls were still feeling insecure. You looked at them all and despite yourself feeling suddenly tired, you tell them, “Girls, you’re beautiful. Don’t’ compare yourselves with others and be confident.” With that said, you walked away, leaving a bunch of fangirls becoming fans of you as well and Teen Top admiring you for your kindness.

You arrived at the school garden and sat down on the bench.

“So he really is Mr Choi’s son.” You sighed a heavy sigh and were so occupied in your thoughts that you didn’t realize someone else sitting down next to you.

“MinAe what exactly is troubling you?” the voice said.

You lifted your head, shocked from that familiar voice and turned around to face it.

“Arghhhh Changjo why do you keep following me?!” You said, exhausted from saying harsh things to him.

“MinAe I just want to know why you’re avoiding me and why you’re nice to me one day and the very next day, so cold to me.”
“Coz I feel like it.” You buried your face in the palms of your hands, muffling your voice.

“MinAe please tell me.”

“No.”

“Please don’t be stubborn. I’m going to keep following you if you don’t tell me.

“Why is this guy so persistent?” you thought, starting to get irritated.

“You won’t understand.” You coldly said.

“Then help me understand.”

“Changjo-ssi I’m not explaining anything to you.” You stood up and started walking away but he grabbed your arm, standing up also and staring directly into your eyes.

“Tell. Me.” His gaze was intense. It was difficult to look away but you forced yourself to.

“Let go.” You sternly said.

“No.”

“Changjo-ssi let go of me.”

“Hell no.”

“FAR OUT.” You finally lost your patience and started yelling at him, “Changjo just freaking leave me alone! I told you that I don’t want any new friends and I especially don’t want YOU to be my friend. So just freaking drop the stalker act and go do something better with your life! I’m not a baby that needs supervising. You don’t know who I am nor will you ever know so just stop trying!”

Changjo stared at you, taking in everything you just yelled to his face. You look down to the floor hiding the tears that threatened to fall.

“MinAe I’m sorry. But I’m not going to stop trying.”

“What can I do for you to leave me alone?!” you yelled once again with your voice shaking, making Changjo sense that you didn’t hate him.

“MinAe please be my date for my dad’s company party.”

“What?” you asked, genuinely confused.

“I want to spend the day with you that’s all. It’s my last favour. After the party, I’ll leave you alone. Please MinAe…”

You thought hard about his favour and thought that it shouldn’t be that bad. Maybe you could even collect some information on who you were up against for the task.

“Fine. You have my number right? Just txt me the details. You have to promise that after this party you’ll leave me alone.”

“I promise.” You nodded at him and you walked away.

You ran to the toilets and looked at your reflection in the mirror. Your eyes were all red. You sighed and washed your face. Afterwards, you felt so tired so you skipped the rest of school and went to the dance room to clear your mind.

“Become Changjo’s date? What the heck.” you thought while staring at yourself in the mirror. It was actually your first time being someone’s date and you felt so weird because everything happened so quickly. You decided to stop thinking about it and focused on dancing. 


oofffft that was intense...I had fun writing this chapter hahaha. Thankyou for reading! Please leave some encouraging comments as well and thankyou for those who subscribeddddd!! LOVEE YOU GUYS! xx

- Mae