Let them fall

To Win A Lawyers Heart

  Three weeks. It had been three weeks since you had spent any alone time with Chanyeol let alone had a proper conversation, and you missed him. There just wasn't enough time, all your free time was spent with Yifan, who had successfully guilted you into helping him with his lawsuit. Not that you minded, it was nice working on a case again. It was familiar something you hadn't even realized you missed. It felt like old times mountains of paperwork piled up on the kitchen table, Yifan trying his best to help no matter how many times you told him to just relax. But you still missed Chanyeol, and you knew it showed.

  Tao had agreed to help with case since you both knew without a firm backing you things would get a bit more complicated. He had asked you to come over and help him sort through some of the documents he had taken home with him. The first few hours went by smoothly idle chit chat between the two of you as you read over and sorted the paperwork. That is until Baekhyun called letting you know Chanyeol was headed out of town on business for a few weeks and that you wouldn't need to report to work until he got back. After you hung up you just couldn't focus, all you could think about was Chanyeol. How you hadn't seen him in weeks and now he was just going to leave without telling you. The whole situation had you upset which Tao had quickly picked up on and suggested that you took a break, which you gladly did. 

The question was how you ended up in front of Chanyeols apartment, you had intended to run to the store, but here you were glued in front of his door debating what to do. You could hear him inside so you knew he left the door unlocked but did you just walk in like usual or did you knock? If he was mad at you walking in would just upset him further but if he wasn't he'd suspect you if you had knocked. Sighing to yourself you pushed the door open deciding it'd be easier even if he was mad. You slipped your shoes off before you made your way to him following the sound of him shuffling around. 

"Chanyeol?" He you called out quietly as you watched him scurry about his bedroom packing. His head turned slightly so he was facing you his expression completely neutral as he eyed you carefully. 

"Finally taking some time away from your husband to see me?" He  replied coldly returning to his task. 

"Ex husband." You corrected walking in and sitting on the bed watching him. "When are you leaving?" 

"8 o'clock tomorrow night. Not that you'll be there to see me off." You watched as he stalked into his closet as you sighed to yourself, he was definitely upset.  

"Channy... I'll be there." You sighed out biting the inside of your cheek. 

"Stop that. You know how much I detest liars." He replied walking back with a few more items to pack. 

You sighed again feeling hopeless. 
"Channy talk to me."

"I am." He replied looking up at you his face remaining neutral. 

"For being called the happy virus...you don't look so happy." You responded sadly meeting his gaze. 

"How am I supposed to be happy? I just got called out of town on urgent business for who knows how long and my unofficial girlfriend is spending all her time with her ex-husband." He sighed sitting down next to you. "Do you have any idea how much I've missed you? Or how my imagination runs wild when you won't answer a text while your with him? It's torture ___." 

You looked down at your hands laying neatly in your lap. 
"I'm sorry. But I've missed you to Channy so much." He cupped your face in his hands forcing you to look up at him. 

"I'm not angry with you ____, I know you just want to help him. But how am I supposed to feel knowing you were in love with him once?" He sighed resting his forehead on yours. "But I'm in love with you now. Just you. Park Chanyeol. You have nothing to worry about." He smiled softly pressing his lips to yours quickly before pulling back. "So can I drop the unofficial and just call you my girlfriend?" 

You laughed lightly hitting his shoulder. "Of course you can." He just grinned at you before wrapping you in his arms. "Good."

  You spent the rest of night helping him pack and cuddling before falling asleep in his arms for the first time in forever. But when you woke you were hit the realization that he was leaving and no one was sure for how long. You tried not to but you ended up crying anyways. You locked yourself in the bathroom trying to keep him from seeing you like this but before long he was knocking at the door asking if you were alright. You lied but seeing as he was now kneeling in front of you petting your hair as you cried into his shoulder he didn't believe you. 

  He did his best to comfort you, telling you he loved you, that he'd call you everyday and you'd skype every night but still the tears kept coming. The weight of how much you were going to miss him drowning out all common sense. You spent the majority of the day cuddled into his side on the couch not saying everything, just trying to soak him all in. But 7 o'clock still came too soon and before you knew it you were headed to the airport. 

"If everything goes well the longest I should be gone is a month." Chanyeol stated squeezing your hand as you walked with him to the boarding area. 

"And if things don't go well?" You questing intertwining your fingers with his. "If that's the case I'm not so sure.." He replied honestly as you sat down together dreading the moment you would have to let go of his hand. 

Soon enough they were boarding and you had to say goodbye. Even though Chanyeol chose to say see you soon in an attempt to make you feel better. You surprised yourself when you didn't cry watching the plane take off caring him with it and you were even more surprised that you didn't cry as drove back to his apartment, but the moment you stepped inside you missed him instantly and your heart beat roughly against your chest. You forced yourself to walk to his bedroom and lay down before the tears flooded out from your eyes. You knew you many would think you were acting as though you would never see him again, but you couldn't help it. So laid there letting your tears stream down your face freely, because tomorrow you had a job to do and you wouldn't let Yifan see you cry over missing Chanyeol, for that was an argument you'd rather not have.