Broken

To Win A Lawyers Heart

"Who was it?" You asked walking out of the bathroom only to be greeted by a very upset looking Chanyeol. 
"What?" You questioned moving to sit next to him on the bed your phone still in his hands. 
He sighed handing you your phone and getting up grabbing his coat. "I'm going for a walk. It's probably best if you stay in your own dorm tonight." He stated slipping his coat on and walking out the door.
You sat there in disbelief for who knows how long before you got up and dried your hair. You quietly gathered all your things before picking up your phone and checking your call log. 
The second you saw the name of the most recent caller your eyes turned into saucers and you found yourself being filled with anger. Before you even had a second to think about it you were walking to Yifans house. As you neared the house you once called home you took a deep breath and pressed your phone to your ear.

"Hello?" Yifans voice finally stated. You found his casual tone upsetting you even more as you struggled not to scream at him. 
"I'm outside." You answered blankly ringing the doorbell for emphasis. The sound of shuffling soon hit your ears before the line went dead and the front door opened. 
 
The second you saw him your heart clenched painfully, and your anger all but disappeared. He looked exhausted. The bags under his eyes were dark and misplaced against his pale skin, his hair was longer now and standing about chaotically. He was also notably thinner now, his t-shirt looked a few sizes too big and his sweatpants hung to his hips loosely threatening to fall down. 
"Yifan?" You breathed out looking up into his sunken in tired eyes. 
He smiled at you weakly stepping aside allowing you to enter. 
"What happened to you?" You asked setting your things down and settling yourself on the familiar couch. You heard him shuffling around before he sat down across from you an clicking his tongue. 
"I see you've moved on." He stated leaning his head back and closing his eyes. 
"Don't give me that." You stated harshly. "You wanted the divorce."
He let out a pained chuckle and looked over at you with a serious expression. 
"Is that what you honestly believe? That I wanted to throw our marriage away? To throw you away?" His voice was pained but did little to subdue the anger that was once again rising inside of you. "Wether you wanted to or not,  it's what you did isn't it? Tossed me aside when daddy wasn't happy with our marriage." You spat out harshly moving to get up. 
"I came over to see what you wanted since you found it so important you needed to upset Chanyeol." He just sighed and looked away from you for a moment. 
"Chanyeol...so that's his name." You were half way to the door before you heard him walking over to you. "The company's fell on hard time..." He started leaning against the wall. "One of fathers biggest rivals is suing us for everything we have in an attempt to over throw us on the grounds that we built on property that belongs to them. It's been a back and forth battle for months and were loosing. Father swears he gave him permission to build there and even signed a contract that is conveniently missing.." He finished looking over to you. "I know you aren't a lawyer anymore but we need you, I need you...I know you can win this case..if you say no my family and I will lose everything we have.." You turned and gave him your full attention now struggling to understand what he was asking of you fully. 
"I know you are filled with nothing but hate for me now..but please ____. I have no one else to ask. If you ever really loved me then please..help me. I don't want to be the one that loses everything my father worked so hard for." You could tell he was on the brink of tears but you still couldn't find the courage to speak. In all the years you've known him you had never seen him so broken almost beyond repair and you wanted to help him. "___" his voice was barely above a whisper. 
"Please.."

 

 

~Sorry for taking so long with updates, I have been super busy with work. Anyways I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! I'll try and post updates as quickly as possible!~