Lost Cause

To Win A Lawyers Heart

You returned home after the making your divorce official. Your mother who had been devistated when you told her the news was more than welcoming when you showed up suitcase in hand. 

"Who does he HONESTLY think he is?!" She screeched helping you bring your things inside. "He was all I cannot wait to marry your daughter when you were both in high school. Now that your both successful he doesn't think you're the right fit?" She continued flailing her arms about for emphasis. 

Sighing you walked in to the kitchen pouring yourself a glass of water, before sitting down at the table. "Mother please." You pleaded     "It was more of his father anyways. He never once liked me, I suppose he finally convinced Yifan I wasn't right for him." You laid the cool glass against your cheek relishing in the relaxing feeling. "Oh sweetheart, you must be tired. Go upstairs and relax I'll have your father bring your things upstairs when he gets home." You nodded setting the glass back down on the table and heading upstairs.

You laid on your bed staring at the ceiling as memories of your time with Yifan flooded your mind. Meeting him had seemed like fate. You would run into eachother everywhere, the library, the park, walking to the convince store. He was always there looking so perfect and staring at you with his powerful eyes. You finally learned who he was after you attempted to run away from home. Your parents were always fighting and you couldn't take it anymore so you when away. You couldn't think of anywhere to go as you ran, and you had some how ended up on your schools roof. Breaking down you fell to your knees letting your tears fall freely when it happened. A sudden warmth spreading through your chilled body. You turned around to find him walking away his jacket laid on carefully on your shoulders. You showed up to extra early the next morning as you carefully made your way to the roof in hopes of seeing him again, but he wasn't there. You sighed running your fingers through your hair before relaxing against the wall holding his jacket close. 

"You again." A deep voice stated harshly catching you off guard as you turned your head to the side quickly. There he was leaning against the door frame his cold harsh eyes watching you intensely. You had never seen him so up close before so really hadn't noticed how handsome he was. You felt your cheeks flush as you stared at every inch of him, his plush kissable lips, his strong jaw, his broad shoulders.. 

"What are you staring at?" He questioned bringing your attention back to his gorgeous face. You bit your lip shyly and shook your head refusing to answer his question. 

"I-I wanted to uhm.." You trailed off fidgeting around nervously. "Return this.." You finished holding his jacket out to him. You heard a slight chuckle before you were pulled Into his chest and his strong arms were wrapped around your back holding you close. "I couldn't help myself you were too cute." He stated light heartedly. You were too shocked to understand anything that was happening but you knew fighting against him would be a lost cause. 

"I'm ____" You mumbled once he finally released you. He took a step back and smiled. "Yifan." He stated slipping his jacket on before turning around and waving. "See you around ___."  

After that you became good friends, always hanging out and goofing around. You weren't honestly sure when you made the transition from good friends to lovers but you weren't complaining. You shared all your firsts with him; Your first date, first kiss, first time. 

You rolled over cuddling into your pillow fresh salty tears pooling in your eyes and staining your cheek. 

"Fighting against you has always been a lost cause hasn't it Yifan..." You whispered letting yourself fall into a deep sleep.