Chapter 9

This is our love story

 

 

It was a typical weekend. The office was for most part, empty. Except two girls who came back on a weekend to complete their work. One girl was diligently doing her own work, whereas the other was lying down on the sofa nearby.

 

“Why are we here? It’s Saturday.”

 

“Taeng, I told you, I left something here.”

 

“But you got it already, shouldn’t we leave now?”

 

“Since we are here, might as well stay for awhile?”

 

Taeyeon groaned. “I can’t win you sometimes.” 

 

The room was met with silence for a few minutes as both girls continue with doing their own stuffs. Then came the unexpected confession from Jessica.

 

 “I ate lunch with Yuri yesterday.”

 

Taeyeon sat up from the sofa and grinned at Jessica. Feeling someone staring at her, Jessica looked up from her work and raised an eyebrow. “Why are you smiling at me like that?”

 

“Well? How was it?” Taeyeon was curious. It’s been awhile since Jessica interacted with someone else other than the usual circle of people. Also, she kind of like the idea of Jessica and Yuri because from the photo Tiffany sent to her from the other night at the park, they look extremely cute together in her opinion.

 

“Irritating. She was irritating. She wouldn’t leave until she sees me eating. And then, she just sits there and watch me eat.”

 

“Did you like that?”

 

“W-what?” 

 

“Did you like that Yuri was there to accompany you for lunch?” Jessica blushes a little as she thought about how Yuri stares at her while she eats.

 

“N-No… It was creepy. Why can’t you send Tiffany instead?”

 

Taeyeon notices Jessica’s stutters but she decides to ignore it for now. She chuckled and laid back down on the sofa, “Tiffany said she didn’t want to deal with you so Yuri stepped up to the job. Because let’s face it, you are a pain in the when you are being stubborn.”

 

“Yah yah yah Kim Taeyeon, I am right here you know.”

 

“I know.”

 

Jessica glared at Taeyeon even though Taeyeon wasn’t looking and mumbled some words to herself before going back to her work. The room was met with silence once again until someone decides to break it.

 

“I am nervous about later.”

 

“Taeng. We’ve been through this. You’ll be fine. It’s just a date.”

 

Taeyeon sat up straight and pouted at Jessica, “But it’s Tiffany.”

 

“And so?”

 

Taeyeon walked up to Jessica who is at her desk doing her work and slammed her palms on the fire, with fiery determination she exclaimed, “It has to be perfect!” 

 

Startled by Taeyeon, Jessica jumped in her seat and sighed, “Pink. Just get her pink stuffs. Anything pink.”

 

“Pink?”

 

“Yes. Pink. She loves it.”

 

Taeyeon’s face lit up a notch as she thought of an idea. She turned and ran out of the office door, leaving Jessica alone in the room. Rolling her eyes, Jessica decided to continue her work.

 

“That pabo could at least thank me.”

 

 

———

 

 

It was a typical weekend for another two girls. Both of them at home, one of them looking through photos on her laptop, whereas the other was running in and out of her bedroom.

 

“Yuri, how about this one? Is this okay?”

 

“Fany-ah, for the 50th time, yes it is okay.” Yuri doesn’t mind her cousin asking for opinion but honestly, it was getting annoying as she was couldn't concentrate on whatever she was doing.

 

“You sure this isn’t too casual?” Tiffany pouted. She was concerned about leaving a good impression with Taeyeon, unlike the first time they met. “Maybe I should wear a dress?”

 

Not wanting to go through the whole “is this okay” thing again with Tiffany for another time, Yuri stepped towards Tiffany and placed her hands on her shoulder. She knows that Tiffany is just being worried for no reason and she needs to calm her down.

 

“Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, you look fine. Heck you look hella awesome to me. Taeyeon will love whatever you wear, be it a dress or jeans or even in your pink PJs. Have some faith in yourself yeah?” Looking at Yuri’s sincere eyes, Tiffany smiled slightly. Gaining her confidence back, she hugged her cousin tight. “Thanks Yuri-ah. I needed that.”

 

“Okay cool. Now shoo, I need to do my stuffs.” Yuri pushes Tiffany towards the door of their apartment. “Yah yah I can walk by myself.” Tiffany puffed up cheeks and went to get her purse before putting on her shoes.

 

“Anyways, just for your info, Taeyeon texted me saying Jessi is in the office alone.”

 

Yuri looked up from her laptop, “And so?”

 

“Well, she is alone. In the office. On a weekend.”

 

Yuri narrowed her eyes at Tiffany, trying to figure out what she is implying. “And what has that got to do with me?”

 

Tiffany looks back from her shoulder, “I don't know. I’m just letting you know. You know, in case.” And then she smirks and closes the door behind her, leaving Yuri baffled with what just happened. Yuri just shrugs and continue working.

 

“Don’t even know why she told me that. Its not that I care? Whatever Sica does is her problem.” Yuri mumbles to herself as she tries to concentrate on whatever she was doing before. It wasn’t long before she realises that she could no longer concentrate on anything else but that one girl. 

 

“I wonder if she has eaten.”

 

 

———

 

 

One girl was all alone in the office. After working for an hour or two, her growling stomach urges her to find something to eat. She heads towards the pantry and ransacked the place for anything that can be consumed. “Sigh. Can’t believe Taeyeon just left me here like this. Thank god there is still some instant coffee in the pantry.” Jessica was about to pour hot water into her mug where there was some shuffling sound coming from outside the pantry.

 

Poking her head out of the pantry’s entrance, Jessica took a quick scan of the area. No one. “Is there someone out here?” She was greeted with silence. Feeling slightly afraid, Jessica decided to abort her coffee plan and rushes back to her office. Right as she turns into her office, she collided with a body and she let out a shriek.

 

“Woah woah. Sica! It’s just me!” Yuri entered the office slightly earlier and was puzzled as to why Jessica was not inside. She was about to leave the office to find Jessica when the both of them crashed into each other. 

 

“Yah! You gave me a shock! I thought there was a ghost or something.” Jessica placed a hand over  her heart to calm herself down. “Ghost? Why would you run into a office when you thought there is a ghost around? Don’t people usually run away from the place instead?” Yuri was amused by Jessica’s logic.

 

“There is a door blocking them from entering here.” 

 

Yuri gave Jessica an incredulous look and was about to open to say something when she decided that it’s better to not argue with Jessica about this. She went over to the sofa nearby, sat down, and patted the seat beside her. “Sica-ah, come over here.”

 

“How do I know that you are not a ghost?”

 

“What? I’m not. Aishh. Just come over here will you?”

 

Instead of just obediently sitting beside Yuri, Jessica made the extra effort to poke Yuri, making sure that Yuri is indeed not a ghost while Yuri just sat there with a poker face, letting Jessica do whatever she wants. “I’m really me! Aigoo. Just sit down.” Getting slightly impatient, Yuri just pulled Jessica down onto the sofa. “I was just making sure…” Jessica pouted. 

 

Feeling her cheeks are getting slightly warmer at the sight of a pouting Jessica, Yuri turned to the other direction and took a box out from a paper bag. “I brought you some food. I figured that you probably didn’t eat anything so yeah. It’s not much, just some kimbab I made.” Yuri shyly holds the box of kimbab out towards Jessica, waiting for her to take a piece.

 

“I’m not hungry.” Just as Jessica said that, her stomach let out a loud growl. Embarrassed, Jessica quickly fold her arms around her chest and said, “That wasn’t me.”

 

“Right.. And I am not Kwon Yuri. Come on, eat some? I promise there isn’t any cucumber inside.” 

 

Seeing the delicious kimbab in front of her, Jessica couldn’t resist and took a piece and placed it in . In no time, she took another piece, and another, and another. “Yah slow down! The food isn’t gonna run okay?” Yuri holds the box out of Jessica’s reach so she wouldn’t take another kimbab before finishing the one before.

 

Swallowing her food, Jessica asked, “How did you know I was here?” 

 

Taken aback by the sudden change of topic, Yuri didn’t know how to reply. 

 

Should I say I am here because I was worried? I mean there is nothing wrong with that right? Yuri, you are a nice person and nice person does such things.

 

“Well, I was worried— Yah! When did you go back to your desk? You could at least wait for my answer? You were the one who asked the question!” 

 

“You took too long. Plus, I figured that the little birdie who told you would be Tiffany.”

 

“Then why did you even ask me if you already know?”

 

“I didn’t. I just figured it out when you were in your own world.” 

 

Deciding that they shouldn’t continue this pointless bickering, Yuri went over to Jessica’s desk and sat in front of her. “So how much more?” 

 

“What?”

 

“How much more to go before you can pack up and go home?”

 

“You can go home now if you want. The door is open for you.”

 

Not wanting to back down, Yuri took out her sketchbook and started sketching.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Killing time while waiting for you.”

 

Raising her eyebrows, Jessica looked at Yuri with a blank face. “What for?”

 

“Well, it’s getting late and I am not gonna leave you here alone.” Yuri looks up from her sketchbook and made sure she articulate her next few words clearly. “with. the. ghost.”

 

Jessica’s face slightly paled at the thought of being along in the office with the ghost and gulped. “Fine. Give me another 10 minutes or so. I am almost done.”

 

Yuri smirks. Score 1 for Kwon Yuri.

 

Indeed, in 10 minutes, Jessica finishes up what she was doing and both girls heads towards the elevator. Yuri decides to tease Jessica a little. She likes seeing the unique reaction that Jessica gives. “You sure you wanna take the elevator? What if the ghost takes it with us?” 

 

“Then I’m sacrificing you to them.”

 

This girl.... Yeap. Definitely unique.

 

Ding! The elevator arrived and both girls entered and pressed the ground floor. They were silent in the elevator ride when the elevator stops descending abruptly.

 

“Eh?” Yuri pushed the ground floor button a few times, hoping to get some movement from the elevator but there was none. “I think we are stuck. Sica do you —”  Yuri turned around to see Jessica crouching on the floor, arms hugging herself. 

 

“Sica! Are you alright? What’s wrong?” Jessica didn't reply, instead her breathing starts to get rugged and she hugs herself even tighter. At loss at what to do, Yuri reaches out to touch Jessica when Jessica cringed at the smallest touch. Furrowing her eyebrows, Yuri calls out, “Sica?”

 

“D-don’t come near me… I’m sorry! Let me out!” Tears are streaming down Jessica’s cheeks. 

 

“Hey hey...It’s me. Yuri. What’s wrong Sica?” Yuri tries to reach out to Jessica again. This time Jessica finally looks up and sees Yuri. “Yuri?” Seeing that Jessica recognises her, Yuri slowly pulls Jessica towards her and laid Jessica’s head on her shoulder. 

 

“Shh. It’s alright. I’m here. Don’t worry.” Yuri could feel Jessica trembling in her embrace. She tried to offer comfort to Jessica by caressing her back as she felt Jessica’s tears drenching her shirt. She continued to caress Jessica's back and mumbles soothing words into Jessica's ear, hoping that the girl would stop trembling.

 

Yuri didn’t know what happened to Jessica but at that moment all she knows is that she needs to be there for Jessica.

 

 

———

 

 

Two girls are walking side by side on the streets. Both of them enjoyed the date they had and was slightly disappointed that the night is slowly coming to an end.

 

“Thank you Tae-Tae. I had a great night.”

 

“Me too. Could we… Could we do this again some day?” 

 

“Sure. I would like that.” 

 

Both girls smiled shyly to each other as they continued their way to the car. Just then, Tiffany’s phone lit up, indicating an incoming message. “Oh it’s from Yuri.” Tiffany’s face turned serious as she read the message. 

 

“Fany, what’s wrong?” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with a serious and worried face.

 

 “Tae… We need to head to Blanc & Eclare. Now.”

 

———

Thank you for reading! More YulSic moments as promised! Also, a longer chapter. I am trying my best to write longer  >__<

Anyways, anyone else excited for Lion Heart and You Think? :D