Chapter 2

This is our love story

 

 

The whole table was in complete silence with occasional sipping of coffee from Tiffany.

 

No one seems to be talking.

 

Yuri was too afraid and in shock to even open , Tiffany was just enjoying her coffee, while Jessica was, well, just being Jessica.

 

"So, what brings you here early in the morning Jessi?"

 

Tiffany broke the silence and looked at Jessica with twinkling eyes while Jessica looks back with bored and tired eyes.

 

"Sunny"

 

Yuri doesn't know much about her boss but she knows that Jessica isn't someone who talks a lot. The girl practically answers in one or two words, or none at all. She barely speaks more than a sentence unless needed. During the whole week she was working with her, Jessica was often cold to Yuri, barely saying much to her other than getting her to do all the ridiculous request. Yuri's impression of Jessica is just cold and mean.

 

"Right.. Where is she by the way? I mean I've been here since an hour ago but I haven't seen her or Sooyoung."

 

Just then, the door to the kitchen of the cafe opened and out came a tall girl.

 

"SICAAAAA. You're here!"

 

Yuri's train of thoughts was broken by the loud voice that could rival Tiffany's.

 

She looked over to Jessica and saw that the girl rolled her eyes and mumble something along the line of having loud brainless friends.

 

"SOOYOUNG!"

 

Yeap. Tiffany's voice and that girl's voice is pretty much on par.

 

The tall girl whose name is sooyoung approached the table with flour all over her face.

 

"Hey Fany. Didn't know you were here too. You should had called me! I would had made you the best cake in town. I mean I am already making one for sica because how can I say no to our ice princess."

 

Sooyoung grabs Jessica by her head and ruffles her hair messily. Although there was a scowl on Jessica's face, Yuri was sure she saw a tint of pink at her cheek and she didn't push Sooyoung away.

 

Well, at first.

 

"Okay, that's enough."

 

Jessica pushes Sooyoung's hand away from her and glared at her. Sooyoung just grin widely at her.

 

"Anyways, Sunny is out buying ingredients for YOUR cake and will be back soon I guess"

 

Jessica simply nods and took out her phone as she goes into her own world.

 

"Sooyoung, this is my cousin, Yuri"

 

"Ahhh. The cousin that talks to herself. Tiffany told me all about you."

 

Yuri turned her head towards Tiffany who in return, just gave her a guilty smile.

 

" The cousin that sticks her tongue out when she sleeps. The cousin that broke her leg after jumping from a flight of stairs to save a plush keychain that flew from her hand. The cousin that has a room dedicated to Mick-"

 

Tiffany rushes over to cover sooyoung's mouth in attempt to stop her from saying more embarassing things about Yuri. She is already in Yuri's bad book for the job and this is gonna make things worse for her.

 

"Okay thats enough Sooyoung! Why don't you go back to the kitchen to bake the cake for Jessi?"

 

Yuri raises her eyebrows in the whole situation.

 

Just exactly how much did my cousin told Sooyoung about me...

 

The bell rang indicating someone just came into the cafe.

 

All four of them turned their heads towards the entrance. There stands a girl with mid-length hair, holding bags of grocery.

 

"SunBun!"

 

Sooyoung rushes over to the girl and helps her to carry all the grocery to the kitchen while the girl went over to say hi to the rest of the girls.

 

"Sica, I can't believe you are really here. This is such a rare day. You should come here more often. Stop staying at home, you are gonna get dusty. Aigoo I miss you so much!"

 

The girl proceeds to hug Jessica tightly. Yuri looks at Jessica's cheek and realize there was a pink tint on it again.

 

Is she blushing?

 

"Hey Fany. It's been awhile. How's life?"

 

The girl continues to hug Jessica, who was wearing an indifferent face, as she talks to Tiffany and Yuri can't help but to chuckle at the scene in front of her.

 

Cute.

 

All three girls turned their head towards Yuri who suddenly made a noise.

 

"Ahh yes I almost forgot. Sunny, this is Yuri, my cousin!"

 

" Ohh. That cousin?" Sunny gave a smirk while extending her hand out for a handshake whereas Tiffany could only give a apologetic face to Yuri and a small laugh.

 

"Yeah"

 

--

 

"Fany I cant believe you told them all those embarrassing stuffs about me!"

 

Both Yuri and Tiffany were back at Yuri's apartment. Yuri was making lunch for both of them as Tiffany was lazing around the couch.

 

"I was drunk alright. I didn't think that they will actually remember what I said. I mean I don't even remember all of it myself."

 

"Wait. Does that mean that Jessica knows about it too?"

 

"I guess?" Tiffany gave Yuri a sheepish smile.

 

Yuri just goes back into preparing lunch as she once again grumble to herself about killing Tiffany for the nth time that week.

 

--

 

"Jessi ~"

 

"..."

 

"Jessi ~ ~ ~"

 

sigh

 

Jessica finally looks up from her big pile of paperwork on her desk.

 

"Make it quick. I am busy."

 

Tiffany gave Jessica her best smile, relieved that her friend finally bothered to acknowledge her existence after 30minutes.

 

"Jessi, don't be so hard on Yuri please?"

 

"..."

 

"I mean she's new to being a PA so... cut her some slack okay? I'll treat you to a dinner sometime if you do that for me"

 

"..."

 

Sensing that she needs to plead more, Tiffany put on her puppy eyes. No one could resist the puppy eyes.

 

No one.

 

"Alright alright. Stop that. It's disgusting"

 

"I know you like it Jess. You can lie to the others but not to me"

 

"Whatever Hwang"

 

Tiffany fist-pumped into the air as she exited the office. Score 1 for Hwang.

 

Yuri's problem is settled. Now, I wonder when can I see her...

 

---

A/N:

Thank you for reading! Short chapter I know. Next chapter will be longer I promise :)