Chapter 3

This is our love story

 

 

"ARGH! I swear she has something against me!"

 

Yuri dramatically threw her hands up high.

 

Tiffany looks up from the pile of files that she was sorting out. 

 

"Jessi does not. Come on, she's not that bad?"

 

Yuri just glares at Tiffany, no way she is gonna agree with her cousin on this. Jessica Jung hasn't really been treating Yuri any better. It was the same routine as before, minus the ridiculous request to head down to a coffeshop 10 blocks away. Other than that, it's the same hell.

 

"Really Fany? We have been sorting files for hours! She's out to make our lives difficult. Seohyun, don't you agree with unnie?"

 

"Well....I actually think this is quite fun unnie"

 

Yuri just continues to whine at Seohyun.

 

Seohyun is the new intern of Blanc & Eclare, who recently joined the company after Yuri and Tiffany. On Seohyun's first day, Seohyun accidentally bumps into Tiffany at the corridor, making paperworks rain all over the corridor. The poor girl wouldn't stop apologising even after the countless "It's alright" from Tiffany.

 

Seohyun seldom talks but when she does, she surprises people with her outtakes of life. Yuri finds that Seohyun is a very proper and innocent girl, which makes her extremely endearing. 

 

"Come on Yuri! Get your moving! We still have about....."

 

Tiffany looks around and finds that there were about two more piles of files to sort.

 

"Two more pile. We can do this!" Tiffany excitedly fist-pumps into the air, encouraging everyone, mostly herself.

 

Tiffany's optimism brought up the spirit back up in the room and Yuri silently thank her cousin for it.

 

Yuri was about to continue sorting the huge pile of files in front of her when someone opened the door to the room they were in.

 

"Follow me Kwon. We are heading out."

 

---

 

The car ride to a business meeting was a torture for Yuri.

 

There was a total silence in the car. No one said a single word since they entered the car and there wasn't any music playing, just the cold air coming out from the car's air-conditioner and the sound of the car's engine.

 

God.. this is so awkward.

 

Yuri looks over to her left and sees Jessica concentrating on the road in front of her. To be honest, Yuri finds Jessica really pretty. The first time Yuri laid eyes on her, she was awe-strucked by her. Although her boss is cold and intimidating at times, Yuri cannot deny that Jessica Jung is extremely breathtaking.

 

"Take a picture. It'll last longer."

 

Not to mention annoying at times.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, but she was surprised that she got caught staring at her boss. 

 

"Please. I was looking at the scenery outside the car. Pfft.. Who wants to look at you?"

 

Yuri puffed up her checks and look out of the window. She was embarrassed that she got caught by Jessica.

 

Jessica looks over to Yuri, and giggles. She's acting like a kid.

 

Yuri smiles unknowingly, happy that she actually made her boss giggle. Never did she think that she would actually hear her boss giggle. Yuri told herself that she wants to hear that again. Some time in the future.

 

The silent car ride continued on with a smile on both girls' faces.

 

---

 

Wow.

 

That's the only thing in Yuri's mind throughout the meeting.

 

Yuri has never sat in any business meeting with Jessica before. The said girl was focused and very persuasive. The tone she spoke in holds confidence and she knew what she was talking about. Jessica did not faltered once in the meeting, pitching her ideas to her potential clients.

 

Yuri had no idea confidence was this attractive until she met Jessica Jung. Jessica brought confidence to a new level.

 

Jessica may be quiet and cold in the office but here she is, pitching her ideas to clients who seemed very delighted by the whole pitch.

 

Kwon Yuri was utterly impressed by Jessica Jung.

 

Hands were shook, deals were closed. Yuri expected it though. She knows that the designs Jessica has was awesome and with that impressive sales pitch, Yuri knew that Jessica has sealed the deal before the pitch was even done.

 

Yuri was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't realise that Jessica was standing in front of her.

 

"Kwon."

 

"..."

 

"Hey Kwon!"

 

"..."

 

"Kwon Yuri!"

 

"..."

 

Sensing that she wasn't going to get any responses from the other girl, Jessica kicked Yuri. Hard.

 

"Owwwwww! What was that for?!"

 

"Good. You are alive. I thought you died."

 

Rolling her eyes, Yuri was snapped back to the reality of her cold and cruel boss.

 

"We are going back to office. You can stay here and rot or you could follow me back."

 

Yuri was about to have a comeback for her boss cruel words when a tall and rather handsome guy stood in front of them.

 

"I must say Jessica, that was an impressive presentation."

 

Yuri wasn't sure but at that moment, she swore the temperature of the room just dropped a few degrees.

 

"Taecyeon."

 

"Jessica."

 

Yuri didn't know what exactly happened between these two, but she could tell that there is something between the two of them. And Yuri doesn't like that.

 

Wearing a smirk, Taecyeon went closer to Jessica until he was at the side of her ear.

 

"See you soon princess..."

 

Taecyeon pulled away and waved to them as he exited the meeting room.

 

Yuri didn't like Taecyeon. There was something about him that doesn't feel right. Yuri was not someone who is quick to judge a stranger but the vibe that the guy gives out just screams bad. Not mention the fact that the guy called Jessica, "princess". Yuri wasn't sure why but it pisses her off when Taecyeon called Jessica that.

 

Yuri snapped out from her thoughts and was about to ask Jessica who is Taecyeon only to see her boss already out of the door.

 

"... Yah... Did she seriously just left me here?!"

 

---

 

Who is he...

 

Yuri couldn't stop thinking about the relationship between Jessica and Taecyeon. Usually she wouldn't really care about other people's affair but this time, its bugging her so much and she doesn't know why.

 

Yuri-ah, you are just worried for her... You are a nice person that's why you are worried for your boss.

 

Yuri smiled to herself, contented with the reason she came up.

 

"Yah Yuri-ah! Are you talking to yourself again?"  Tiffany said, more like shouted across the room actually.

 

Embarassed that she was caught talking to herself, Yuri gave a sheepish smile and continue sorting out the files in front of her.

 

After the business meeting, Yuri came back to the office to find out that Tiffany and Seohyun were still sorting out files. Apparently while she was gone for that few hours, more files were needed to be sorted out.

 

But after hours of file sorting, Yuri finally stacked the last file on top of the huge pile and raised her hands up high.

 

"We did it guys!"

 

The three girls hugged each other tightly, relieved that the work was finally done.

 

"Okay Yuri-ah, take this pile to Jessi's office, while Seohyun and I bring the others to the other departments."

 

Yuri took the pile of files and head over to her boss's office. It was 9pm and everyone has pretty much left the office building.

 

She entered the office and was about to leave the pile of files on the table when she realised that her boss is still here.

 

She wasn't surprised though. Jessica has been staying back late in the office for a few weeks because "there was too much to do", as said by Jessica.

 

Upon having a closer look, Yuri realised that Jessica has dozed off while sketching her new designs. 

 

Jessica's cheek was resting against her left arm, her hand dangling off the table. She was still holding a pencil on her right hand.

 

Also, there was a puddle of drool foaming at the sketches.

 

Cute

 

Yuri let a chuckle, and took out her phone to snap a picture of her sleeping boss.

 

Before leaving the office, Yuri took off her jacket and covered Jessica's shoulders with it. She also went to the pantry to fix up a quick meal and a cup of coffee for Jessica. When she was about to close the door, she took one last look at Jessica and smiled.

 

Maybe she doesn't mind doing this for awhile.

 

---

 

 

A/N:

Thank you all for reading and commenting! ^^ A longer chapter as promised. Pardon my spelling or grammar mistakes.

I realised I have not been writing much about Jessica, but don't worry! Soon I will. Gotta let the story progress first :)

So what do you guys think Taecyeon is to Jessica? :D