Chapter 6

This is our love story

 

The cafe is bustling with people. All the regular customers, and friends are right here at Soshi Cafe.  Sunny and Sooyoung is celebrating their 1st year anniversary of Soshi Cafe. Thus, the reason why the cafe is packed with people. Tiffany and Yuri sitting at a booth, sipping their coffee and waiting for Sooyoung and Sunny to come over. The hosts are always busy entertaining everyone.

 

“So, you pestered Sica to give you the job?” Yuri asked with an eyebrow raised.

 

“Well, I asked her a few times. But you know how she is, not giving in, until one fine day, she seems to had enough and finally said yes but I have to go through the interview like any other people.” Tiffany shrugged.

 

“You know Fany, the biggest question I have right now for you is that if you are gonna be in the company anyways, why did you drag me along?”

 

“You were like lazing your life away while waiting for your new studio. I was being a nice cousin and giving you a chance to meet new people and earn some money."

 

Yuri rolled her eyes. “Yeah yeah. So nice of you to introduce me to a hell of a job.”

 

Tiffany was about to respond to Yuri when both Sunny and Sooyoung came over to their table.

 

“Hey! Glad you guys to make it! Sorry if we hasn’t been entertaining you. It’s crazy out here.” Sooyoung had her arm over Sunny’s shoulder and Sunny was on a phone with someone.

 

“Yeah sure Sica, we have it here. Now get your lazy down here right now.” Sunny hangs up the call, and kisses Sooyoung on the lips.

 

“Please spare me the PDAs” Tiffany acted like she was disgusted with the couple’s affection although to be honest, she was used to it.

 

The couple parted and gave Tiffany a sheepish smile.

 

“So Yuri, how’s life with Jessica as your boss?” Sunny smirked.

 

Yuri sighed. She honestly didn’t know where to begin with. She is frustrated at how Jessica acts so cold around her. Sometimes she gets mad when Jessica bosses her around. She also hates how Jessica seems to be close to Taeyeon.

 

Wait… Why am I being concerned about her and Taeyeon or whatever her name. Pfft. It’s not I care or anything. Do I?

 

Yuri seems to be in deep in her thoughts while the three other girls were waiting for her response. After a minute or two, Tiffany realises that her cousin is once again somewhat in her own world at the moment.

 

“I think Yuri is in her own world right now.”

 

Sooyoung let out a chuckle, “Seriously Tiffany, your cousin is one of kind.”

 

“Kind of like a certain someone don’t you think?” Sunny said, smirking to the other two girls.

 

Catching on to what her partner is implying, Sooyoung joins in. “Yeah. Now you mention it, it sort of reminds me a certain someone.”

 

The doors to the cafe opens up and a lady wearing a blue coat and white jeans came in.

 

“Speaking of the devil. Here she comes.” 

 

Sunny was about to approach Jessica when she realises another person behind her. Her eyes widen.

 

“NO WAY.” 

 

Shocked by the sudden shout, everyone around the table, including Yuri, turned and look at the entrance of the cafe.

 

“Is that…”

 

“TAENGOO!”

 

Sunny rushes towards the girl and hugged her tight. Oh boy have she missed this girl.

 

“Sunny-ah! Too tight…” 

 

Sunny releases Taeyeon and looked at her with a warm smile. 

 

“Taeyeon …”

 

“Sunny…”

 

Both of them were gazing into each other eyes. They missed each other so much. Sunny reaches out her hand and put it at Taeyeon’s cheek. Next, she did the unexpected. Sunny pinched Taeyeon cheek. Hard. 

 

“How dare you disappeared for months with no text messages or whatsoever?”

 

“OWWW! OWW! Sunny wait! Please let me explain—”

 

“Oh no. You don’t get to have any say in this. Do you actually think you can just pop up here and everything will be alright?”

 

Everyone in the cafe stopped whatever they are doing and turned to see what is the commotion all about. Sensing that the situation may be causing too much attention, Sooyoung decided to step in.

 

“Alright. Sun-bun, why don’t you go get some chairs for Taeyeon and Sica? I’ll handle things out here.”

 

With a puff, Sunny let Taeyeon’s cheek go and she stomped away as she continues to mumble incoherent words. 

 

“Come here you midget.” 

 

Sooyoung gave Taeyeon a big hug as Taeyeon wears a scowl on her face.

 

“I am going to let that name pass today because you just saved me from Sunny’s wrath.”

 

Sooyoung just laughs it off and ruffles Taeyeon's hair. The rest of the girls came over to say hi to the girl.

 

“You guys do know that I am here too right?”

 

With that sentence, everyone around seems to freeze their actions. No one dared to move as they feared for their life.

 

After a minute or two, Sunny came back to the table with extra chair and was puzzled with why everyone seems to be rather pale-faced.

 

“Did something happened while I was gone?”

 

———

 

 

“Oh god Sica I am so nervous.”

 

Jessica looked at Taeyeon with an annoyed look. She was being dragged all the way to the side of the cafe by Taeyeon while she was in the midst of enjoying her sandwich. 

 

“Relax. Everything’s gonna be fine.”

 

Taeyeon paced back and forth in front of Jessica. She felt that her stomach is full of butterflies. She has never felt this anxious since that time.

 

“Okay that’s enough. Look at me.”

 

Jessica grabbed Taeyeon and forced her to look at her. From a certain angle, it might look as if they were being intimate but they aren’t.

 

“You are Kim Taeyeon. You are confident person. Yes you are cocky at times but heck, you are good at what you can do. You can do this. You have done this before and this time wouldn’t be a problem either.”

 

“But… it’s different this time.” 

 

Taeyeon pouted. She wasn’t confident at all. Singing in front of a mass audience, no problem. Singing in front of a mass audience with a song dedicated to a certain cute someone, it’s a whole new different story.

 

“Trust me. You’ll do just fine. Plus, I am singing too right?”

 

Jessica smiled warmly at Taeyeon. Taeyeon gave a small smile to the other girl. 

 

“Thanks Sica.”

 

“Right. Let’s go now.”

 

Jessica grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and went back to the table.

 

From a distance away, a certain tanned girl was slightly stunned at what she just saw. She put her hand on chest, feeling a weird feeling deep down inside her.

 

Are they together?

 

 

———

 

 

“Mic test 1 2 3”

 

Everyone in the cafe stopped what they were doing and looked at the make-shift stage at the middle of the cafe. Two girls were on the stage, with a mic in front of each of them. One of them was holding a guitar.

 

“So hi! My name is Taeyeon and I am a old friend of Sunny and Sooyoung. Soshi Cafe marks their 1st year since opening and I couldn’t be prouder that it is doing so well. So I am here to sing a song, to entertain everyone while you guys have a great time during the celebration. Anyways, I am dedicating this song to someone who I met, and I wish to know that person more. So enjoy.”

 

With a nod, Taeyeon started to strum her guitar. Jessica started to hum and then both of them started singing. It was a great harmonisation. Taeyeon’s powerful vocals with Jessica’s angelic vocal blended so well together. Everyone in the cafe was captivated by the two girls on stage.

 

Tiffany was blown away by Taeyeon’s singing. It was the first time she heard Taeyeon sing and she was damn sure she would kill to hear it again. She couldn’t tear her eyes away from Taeyeon, and as if Taeyeon knew, Taeyeon was looking right back at her too. Tiffany wasn’t sure but at that moment, she felt as if Taeyeon was singing to her.

 

Before Tiffany knew it, the song ended. She was brought back to her surrounding with the roaring claps and cheers from the audience. She blushed as she wondered if anyone caught her staring at Taeyeon the entire time. 

 

Turning her head to Yuri, wanting to strike a conversation, she saw that her cousin was awe-struck. For some reason, Tiffany knows that it wasn’t about the same person as she was awe-stricken by.

 

 

———

 

 

Taking in a deep breath, Taeyeon approached the girl who she supposedly was singing to.

 

“Hey”

 

The girl turned her head and flashed her eyesmiles.

 

Oh god those eyesmiles again!

 

“Hey you”

 

“Did you like the song? I hope my singing wasn't bad.” Taeyeon scratched the back of head. A habit she always does when she is nervous. 

 

“Yeah I do. I like it. You have a nice voice.”  Tiffany smiled. Bad? Never in her life will she ever think that the other girl's voice was bad.

 

“You know… We haven’t really formally introduced ourselves to each other.”

 

“Ah yes! Right. Right. Erm. My name is Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang.”

 

“Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Both girls shook their hands, gave each other a warm smile, knowing that this is the start of something new.

 

 

———

 

 

Jessica was sitting ‘alone’ at the table. Looking to her right, there is Taeyeon and Tiffany chatting away and occasional laughter from the both of them. Looking to her left, Sooyoung and Sunny seems to be engaged in some mushy conversation that she was pretty sure she doesn’t want to tune in to. Looking around, she noticed that a certain tanned monkey was not in sight.

 

“Aishh.. Where is that girl… Leaving me all alone to deal with these people.” Jessica softly muttered to herself as she continues to drink her ice tea.

 

Don’t get her wrong. She is happy that Taeyeon and Tiffany finally gets to know each other. To be honest, both of them were being a pain in the to her when they found out that she was their bridge to knowing each other better. Taeyeon did not stop asking about Tiffany and vice-versa. Except that Tiffany was being more annoying than Taeyeon and that Jessica ended up giving Tiffany a job right at Blanc & Eclare.

 

At this moment, Yuri came out of the washroom. 

 

“Damn that felt good. I had to hold that pee for awhile because of that stupid queue to the washroom.”

 

Yuri was making her way back to the tables where her friends are when she realises the situation there.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany are laughing and chatting their life away while Sooyoung and Sunny are in their own world. In between them is a ice princess who is sulking her life away as she drinks her ice tea.

 

Cute. 

 

Chuckling to herself, Yuri continues her way towards the table. Holding out her hand towards the bored and sulking girl, she smiles.

 

“Lets go out for a walk?”

 

---

Thank you for reading ^^ Comments are welcomed :)

Yulsic next chapter! I realised there isn't much yulsic moments and I should slap myself for it. I mean this is a yulsic fic afterall. Also, I am trying to write longer chapters. Please pardon me if this chapter isn't good enough. I am doing my best :)