Chapter 8

This is our love story

 

 

It was just like any other lunch break. Yuri and some of her colleagues would head out to Soshi Cafe to eat. Usual lunch time consists of Yuri telling silly stories, Tiffany laughing while clapping her hand like a happy seal, and Seohyun asking her unnies to tone down because they were attracting too much attention. But today was slightly different, there sat a grumpy Yuri staring at her phone, a concern Seohyun at the side and Tiffany who was eating her lunch as if nothing was out of the norm.

 

Yuri groans in frustration. She was waiting for a particular call for the whole day. She is anxious and her patience is running thin. “Argh. When are they gonna call me?”

 

Swallowing her food before speaking, Tiffany replied. “Relax Yuri. Eat your lunch. They’ll call you when it’s time.”

 

“They told me they’ll call me around 1-2pm. IT IS 1-2PM NOW.” 

 

“Unnie, why don’t you eat while you wait. If they haven’t call you when you finish, you call them back?” Seohyun suggested.

 

Yuri pouted and picked up her long forgotten sandwich, “Okay…”

 

Just as Yuri was about to take a big bite out of her sandwich, her phone rang. Without any hesitation, Yuri answered the call.

 

“Yes, Kwon Yuri here. Yes. Yes yes. That’ll be great. Yes.” Yuri’s eyes lit up while talking to the other person over the line. Tiffany shook her head at Yuri and was about to take another bite out of her burger when Seohyun said something unexpected.

 

“Unnie. Hamburgers are unhealthy and you can die from eating too much of it.”

 

Tiffany pouted. She loves hamburger especially since she lived in the States when she was young. “Yah Seohyun-ah. How could you say that to your unnie?”

 

“Sorry unnie. It’s for your own good.”

 

Tiffany sighed and put down her burger. “Sorry burger. Seohyun says you’re bad for me.”

 

“So you talk to food now?”

 

Startled by the new voice at the table, Tiffany looked up from her burger and at the newcomer.

 

“Tae Tae!”

 

Truth to be told, Taeyeon still feels slightly embarrassed about the pet name that Tiffany has for her. But it doesn’t mean she hates it though, in fact, she loves it. Taeyeon smiles back at the group and sat down beside Tiffany.

 

“Yes. Cool. That’ll be awesome. Keep me updated. Thanks!”

 

Just then, Yuri seemed to have finally ended her call with the other person.

 

“Guys. You would not believe what just happened. My photography studio is almost done! Like the contractor called me to tell me that there are just a few minor problems and after I go down to take a look and gives the green light, I will be back in business. Finally!” 

 

Yuri fake cried as she was thrilled to finally get the call in regards to her photography studio. She was waiting for months for the call and to be honest, she can’t wait to get back into the photography business.

 

“Oh Yuri, you own a photography business?”

 

Yuri almost choked on her own saliva. She didn’t notice Taeyeon sitting with them. “Eh? Taeyeon?? When did you… How did you… EH???” 

 

Taeyeon lets out a small chuckle. “ I am here to grab a bite and get some food for that princess who probably forgot that she is human and she needs to eat.”

 

“Sica?”

 

“Yeah. This reminds me. Where’s Sunny?” Taeyeon proceeds to look for Sunny so that she could order lunch for herself and Jessica.

 

Although Yuri heard Jessica saying that both Taeyeon and her has nothing going on, it still bothers her as she doesn’t know what is the relationship between the two of them. Seeing Taeyeon walking back to the table, Yuri decided to clarify this once and for all.

 

“Say Taeyeon, you and Jessica… are you two like together?”

 

Taeyeon’s face scrunches up in disgust. “What? No. No that would be rather disgusting. Why would you say that?”

 

“Eh? Erm. I was j-just curious. Yeah I was just curious!” Yuri started to panic. She didn't expect the question to be turned back towards her.

 

Tiffany smirks as she seems to realise something. “Taeyeon and Jessi are cousins, Yuri-ah.”

 

Just as Tiffany says that, Yuri felt as if someone lifted a boulder from her shoulders. Yuri unconsciously let out a relieved smile.

 

Cousins… They are just cousins. Of course. What else would they be right? 

 

“If Taeyeon unnie and Jessica unnie are cousins, Jessica unnie and Tiffany unnie are high school friends, how come Taeyeon unnie and Tiffany unnie didn’t know each other before?” The three girls at the table turned towards the youngest. Taeyeon scratched the back of her head in response, “Good question Seohyun. Maybe because I was overseas most of the time during Sica’s high school time? I know Sunny and Sooyoung because we were elementary school classmates.”

 

“I lived in the states before coming over to Korea for my high school. After that I was working with my Dad before joining Blanc & Eclare.” Tiffany smiled and she clarify it for the other girls. She shared a brief eye contact with Taeyeon and the both of them have a shy smile on their faces.

 

Taeyeon’s phone lighted up and she was forced to break the eye contact she has with Tiffany. She read the message and furrows her eyebrows in regards to the message.

 

 “Guys. I need your help.”

 

 

---

 

 

The girls heads back to the office after lunch hours. A particular girl was pouting and slightly stressed over what’s going to happen in the next few minutes.

 

“Good luck cousin!” Tiffany fist-pumped into the air before walking back to desk. Yuri groans as she knows that she is going to have a difficult time later. Not to mention Taeyeon’s advice/warning before she left.

 

/Flashback

 

Taeyeon passes the bag of food over to Yuri. “Okay. First of all, she is going to be difficult. She’s not going to quietly eat this. Be prepared to get frozen. But trust me, she’s all bark and no bite.”

 

For some reason, Yuri is already dreading this responsibility she got from Taeyeon. “Should I wear some armour for this?”

 

Taeyeon laughs at Yuri’s reply. “ Don’t worry. She really isn’t as scary as she made herself to be. Just ensure she eats it okay? If she doesn’t, drag her, hit her or whatever. Just make sure she eats it. That pabo doesn’t stop unless someone stops her.”

 

Taeyeon places her hand on Yuri’s shoulder. “Between you and me, I’m telling you, you are in for something you don’t usually witness with your own eyes.” With a wink, Taeyeon waves her hand and left to run her errands, leaving Yuri clueless to what she just said to her.

 

“What?”

 

/Flashback ends

 

Yuri takes a deep breath and mentally encourages herself. You can do this Yuri!  

 

With new found courage, Yuri knocked on Jessica’s office door. She heard a soft “come in” coming from the other side of the door and she enters. When she entered, she saw Jessica rushing some proposal and there were tons of papers all over her desk. 

 

“So… Lunch?”  Yuri gulped when she saw Jessica raising her head from her work and gave her a blank look.

 

“T-Taeyeon told me to come here to pass you some food. You need to eat something.” Yuri started stuttering from nervousness from the stare that Jessica was giving her.

 

“No.”

 

No. The word that Yuri expected. She knew that Jessica would say that but she wasn’t going to back down. Yuri walked over to the desk and sat down on the chair right in front of Jessica.

 

Jessica raises one of her eyebrows. “What are you doing Kwon?”

 

“Waiting for you. I am not leaving until you eat.”

 

Jessica just stared at Yuri for a good one minute before turning her head back to her work. “Suit yourself Kwon.”

 

Both girls sat in silence with the exception of the sound of keyboards as Jessica types her proposal out. After a good 10 minutes, Yuri can’t take the silence anymore. Not to mention she isn’t some one who can be still for long amount of time. Yuri decides to peek at Jessica’s sketches that are all over the desk. 

 

“Is this the design for the next season?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Denim?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Is this for next season too?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“How about this?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Oh is this for—“

 

“Why are you here Kwon?” 

 

Jessica got fed up with the amount of question the other girl is giving her. Not to mention she is a distraction. Jessica can’t concentrate properly when the other girl kept on asking questions or even just sit there and stare at her.

 

“I told you. I am not leaving until you eat your lunch.”

 

“Don’t you have something else to do? Like annoy Tiffany or something?”

 

“Well, Taeyeon tasked me to do this.”

 

Jessica mumbles to herself some incoherent words and Yuri was pretty sure she heard something like “Stupid Taeyeon”.

 

Seeing that Jessica doesn’t seem to moving from her seat, Yuri decides to relax herself. She knows she is going to sit there for a long time. She is fighting stubborn with stubborn.

 

“Are you seriously going to continue sitting there?” Jessica looks at Yuri with disbelief. Usually Taeyeon will just drag her over to the coffee table and sofa at the side of her office despite her countless attempts to continue doing her work. But this girl right in front of her does nothing but wait for her.

 

“Yeah. Until you decide to eat.”

 

“What if I don’t?”

 

“Then I’ll wait.”

 

Both girls stared at each other and no one seems to be backing down. Finally someone gives in.

 

“Fine fine. I’ll eat.”

 

“Finally! Come on let’s go over there to eat.” Yuri reaches out to grab Jessica’s hand and pulls her towards the sofa. If Yuri has turned back, she would had notice a slight tint of pink on Jessica’s cheeks. But she didn’t. She was preoccupied by the fact that Jessica has finally agreed to eat.

 

Both girls sat down on the sofa and Yuri started to take out the food she brought back from Soshi Cafe to pass it to Jessica. Jessica took the sandwich from Yuri and stares blankly at her.

 

Slightly embarrassed by the stare Jessica is giving her, Yuri started to fidget. “What? Eat it.”

 

“Are you just going to sit there and look at me eat?”

 

“As a matter of fact, yes. I have to make sure you actually eat it.”

 

“Oh…” Slightly shy over the fact that Yuri will be looking at her eat, she slowly brought the sandwich up to . Just as she was about to take a bite out of it, her nose picked up a strange smell. Pulling away from the sandwich, Jessica lifted the bread slightly and scrunches her face up in disgust. 

 

"Why? What’s wrong?” Yuri, who was sitting beside her, was amused by the whole scene. 

 

“Cucumbers.” Jessica showed Yuri what was in her sandwich and pouted. “I don’t like them.”

 

Yuri was surprised by the way Jessica is acting in front of her right now. Jessica is slowly picking out all the cucumbers in the sandwich. 

 

She’s like a kid.

 

After getting all the cucumbers out, Jessica beamed a bright smile before consuming the sandwich. Hearing no sound from the tanned girl, Jessica looks up from her sandwich to see Yuri smiling at her.

 

“Why are you smiling at me like that?” Jessica said with full.

 

Yuri just lets out a chuckle and shook her head. Now she knows what Taeyeon meant when she said that she was in for something that people don’t usually witness. A side of Jessica that wasn’t usually shown to the world. 

 

Yuri continues to smile at Jessica endearingly as Jessica continues to eat her lunch. 

 

Cute.

 

 

---

Thank you for reading! Comments are welcomed :)

Yuri seems to think that Jessica is cute a lot right? :D Anyways, Yes, Jessica didn't scream when she sees cucumber. This is probably due to the fact that I have actually never seen anyone scream when they see a food they dislike. Also, I find that it funny and cute whenever I see Jessica picking out the cucumbers in real life.

By the way, I realised a lot of people said that they miss Yulsic and I am miss them too. That is probably why I started writing this fic anyways. Big hugs to all Yulsic shippers who misses our Yulsic T^T