Chapter 7

This is our love story

 

 

Out of the noisy cafe and into the peaceful streets at night, Yuri and Jessica has been walking in silence for some time. It was actually only a minute or two since they left the cafe but Yuri felt as if they had been walking in silence for hours. The awkwardness is killing her.

 

“So… You sing?” Yuri mentally cringed at her pathetic conversation starter.

 

The other girl kept her head straight and answered, “Yeah.”

 

One word. That’s all Yuri can get out of the other girl. She expected this though, after having to work with Jessica the past few weeks. Unhappy with the one word response she got, Yuri tried to start another conversation.

 

“You sing a lot?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

One word. Again. Yuri quickly cracked her brains to keep the conversation going. But before she could say another word, Jessica continued.

 

“I guess you can say I like singing.”

 

Yuri stopped her tracks. She wasn’t expecting Jessica to admit that she likes something. Yuri thought that the girl hates everything and is married to her work. 

 

This is rare, Yuri stood there and smiled to herself.

 

“I am gonna leave you there Kwon.”

 

andddd back to reality 

 

Yuri speed-walked to catch up to Jessica.

 

“So when did you start singing? Did someone teach you how to sing? Have you ever recorded a video of yourself singing and post it on SNS?”

 

Yuri bombarded Jessica with a ton of questions. She was thrilled that Jessica was slightly opening up to her and their conversation doesn’t involve work. Jessica on other hard seemed to be semi-regretting letting Yuri know that she likes singing. She was about to ask the other girl to stop talking when she was surprised by a sincere confession.

 

"I like hearing you sing.”


Jessica felt her cheeks heat up. She did not see that coming. She turned towards Yuri and saw that the girl was giving her a warm smile. Unconsciously, she smiled back.

 

 

---

 

 

Both girls continued their walk until they reached a nearby park. As they were walking for some time now, they have decided to take a seat at the bench.

 

They sat in silence for a little while before Yuri decided to break the silence.

 

“So you and Taeyeon?” 

 

Yuri tried to keep a teasing smile on her face but for some reason, she felt somewhat bitter saying that out loud.

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow at Yuri. “Erm.. Yeah we knew each other since young.”

 

Yuri felt her heart sank a little. I guess they are together

 

“But I guess that’s it.” Jessica continued.

 

“Eh?” Yuri widen her eyes.

 

“What?”

 

“Aren’t you two like together?”

 

Jessica’s face distorted into some sort of disgust, “Ew what? No. That would be disgusting.”

 

Yuri could not hide that wide grin appearing on her face. “Really?”

 

“Why? Please don’t tell me you are interested in her like Tiffany.”


“What? No? I don't— Wait. did you say Tiffany is interested in Taeyeon?”


Yuri has always been slow and oblivious with such stuffs. Tiffany would always tell her that this person likes her but she wouldn’t believe until the person actually confesses. 


“I thought you knew since you are her cousin? I mean Tiff isn’t exactly being very subtle about her crush on Taeyeon.”

 

Yuri pouted. She thought about it and realises that Tiffany was indeed not being subtle about it at all. Heck, the reason why Tiffany was even working with Blanc & Eclare was because of Taeyeon. Yuri mentally face palmed herself. She should had noticed.


Jessica just look at Yuri amusingly as the girl seems to be talking to herself in the head.


“You are doing that again.”


Yuri snapped out of her thoughts. “Hm?”


“You are doing that thing again, where you seems to be talking to yourself. Mentally.”


Yuri was taken aback by that revelation. She didn’t know that Jessica has been observing her. All she knows is that Jessica seems to enjoy torturing her during work.


“No I wasn’t observing you. You were kind of obvious. You weren’t talking but your face makes all sort of expression.”


Yuri’s cheeks heated up in embarrassment. Out of everyone who caught her, it was none other than Jessica. Yuri swore she was about to dig some hole to hide in right at that moment.


Jessica on the other hand seems to be enjoying teasing Yuri. She decided to spare the girl, plus she was feeling rather tired. Jessica barely slept the previous night and she was rushing work the whole day. Jessica relaxed on the bench and stretched in a yawn.

 

“Tired?” Yuri asked in concern.

 

Jessica hummed in response. Her eyes was starting to droop down. Eventually Jessica gave up and just allow her tired eyes to rest. She knows she needs it. Even if its just for a minute or two.

 

Just then, a hand came over to her head and slowly pushes it down onto a shoulder.

 

“You can sleep for a bit. I don’t think the celebration at the cafe is gonna end anytime soon.”

 

Jessica didn’t reply Yuri. Instead, she just closes her eyes and relaxes herself on Yuri’s shoulder.

 

Yuri felt her body stiffen. She dared not move as she didn’t want to disturb the resting girl. She slowly took out her phone from her pocket and send a message to Tiffany, letting her know that she’s at the park with Jessica, in case if she was looking for her. After that, she kept her phone gently, to minimise her body movement. Yuri looked at Jessica’s delicate facial features and smiled.

 

You look so peaceful when you sleep

 

 

---

 

 

Tiffany was laughing away at a joke that Taeyeon just said. The latter was incredibly dorky and Tiffany was glad that she is getting to know Taeyeon better. Just then, her phone lighted up, indicating an incoming message.

 

Kwon Yul:

Fany-ah, in case you were looking for me. I’m at the park.

11:14pm

 

Kwon Yul:
Oh btw, Sica is with me.
11:15pm

 

Raising an eyebrow, Tiffany looked up from her phone. “Yuri said she’s at the park with Jessi.”

 

“Wait. What do you mean Sica’s at the park? Isn’t she —?” Taeyeon turned towards the direction where she thought Jessica was at and was alarmed by the missing girl.

 

“When???”

 

Tiffany just shrugged her shoulder. To be honest, she didn’t notice both girls leaving the cafe because she was too busy looking at Taeyeon. Taeyeon on the other hand, seemed to be looking at the time and back at Tiffany. 

 

“It’s late. I think we should go find them. What if something happens?" Taeyeon eyebrows furrows up in worry.

 

"I don't think anything will happen to them. But if you are worry, let's go okay? Plus I think it's late too and we should all go home and have some rest" Tiffany placed her hands over Taeyeon's to calm the girl. 

 

Taeyeon gave Tiffany a small smile and both girls left the cafe to look for Yuri and Jessica.

 

When they arrived at the park and walked around to find the other 2 girls, they were slightly surprised with the sight they found. Jessica's head was on Yuri's shoulder and Yuri's head on leaning on Jessica's head. 

 

"Awww. Aren't they cute? I am gonna take a picture!"

 

Tiffany took out her phone and snapped a quick picture of the sleeping girls.

 

"Yuri's gonna love this! Tae-Tae! Do you wanna take a photo of this too? I am so gonna use this to blackmail Jessi." 

 

Taeyeon just stood behind Tiffany with silly smile.

 

Aren't you interesting, Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

---

Thank you for reading ^^ Comments are welcomed :)

Yulsic at last! I am sorry. It took awhile I know. But promise, there will be more yulsic from now on. So Taengsic is definitely not a couple no worries. I like all Jessica ship so there will be some here and there but all hail Yulsic forever <3 But of course, drama will happen. Eventually.