Chapter 1

This is our love story

 

 

This is all Tiffany's fault...

 

Kwon Yuri sighed for the nth time as she carries stacks of files and a cup of coffee from 3 blocks away into the office.

 

Her not-so-kind boss has instructed, or more like commanded her actually, to get coffee from the one and only store from 3 blocks down the company's building.

 

A few months ago, Kwon Yuri was living the life. She has everything, she was the boss of her own photography studio, she had great friends, she could do things as when she likes. Unfortunately, her studio accidentally caught fire and was temporary 'jobless'. She was just relaxing and enjoying her 'jobless' days until Tiffany, her cousin, called to ask her to accompany her to a job interview and then semi-forced her into getting the job together with her.

 

It sounded like a harmless idea at first. Something to kill her time, and at the same earn some money for her new studio.

 

But what Yuri didn't know was the job she was applying to. Her cousin seemed to have left that info out when she dragged her to this hellhole.

 

---

 

/flashback/

 

Yuri groans loudly as she picks up her phone from the side table of her bed.

 

"Hel-"

 

"MORNING YURI"

 

Yuri pulls the phone away from her ear as the person from the other end of the line shouts into the phone.

 

"What the heck Fany... Its 5 in the morning.. Why in the world are you calling me? Why are you shouting?"

 

"Couldyouaccompanymetomyjobinterviewat8am"

 

"what?"

 

"Couldyouaccompanymetomyjobinterviewat8am"

 

"Fany. Slow down. I can't hear you"

 

"Could you accompany me to my job interview at 8am"

 

"..."

 

"Yuri?"

 

"..."

 

"Erm... Yuri you there?"

 

"You mean you called me at 5 in the morning just to ask me to accompany you down to your job interview later at 8am?"

 

"Yeappp"

 

"Did it occur to you that you could had ask me earlier?"

 

"Ehh. Honestly yes, I was contemplating whether to call you at 2am or 3am but I wa-"

 

Yuri mentally facepalmed herself as Tiffany continues to ramble on

 

why do I even bother....

 

"and so I decided to call you at this time beca-"

 

"Alright alright. Just tell me where to meet you and what time."

 

"Thanks cousinnnn. You're the best!! Dress nicely and see you outside Blanc & Eclare at 7am."

 

Blanc & Eclare huhh..

 

---

 

"I hate you"

 

"Come on Yuri. It will be great. Both of us working together. Not to mention you can earn some money to rebuild your new studio!"

 

After the interview, Tiffany came out of the room with a wide smile plastered on her face.

 

Turns out that her boss is no other than her high school best friend. Apparently her high school best friend had just became the boss a few months ago and have yet to inform Tiffany about it. Yuri was glad that her cousin got the job and the boss is someone who knows Tiffany and could look after her.

 

Everything was great until Tiffany dropped the bomb, saying that Yuri got the job too. Without an interview.

 

Why and how did that happen, Yuri has no idea. In fact, Yuri don't even know what job has she gotten.

 

Yuri just stares at Tiffany with a blank face while Tiffany continues to show her puppy face.

 

Sighing loudly, Yuri knows that she has once again lost to her cousin's plead.

 

"Fine. Only for this short period of time until I get my studio back. *sigh* I can't believe you want to work here just to see your crush. How did you even find out that she is working here. You are such a stalker. Why do I have a stalker as my cousin. Do you even know her name? Are you even sure she is working here? I can't believe this."

 

Tiffany just grins widely as Yuri continues to ramble on.

 

 

/end of flashback/

 

---

 

 

"That monster could had got me to get the coffee first then this huge stack of files but noooo, she had to get me to get them both at the same time."

 

Yuri was mumbling to herself angrily and wasn't looking at where she was walking. She bumped into someone as she turned the corner.

 

"Aww...I'm sorry, I couldn't see where I was looking"

 

Yuri quickly recovered herself from her collision to see if whoever she bumped into needed help. Her eyes widened as she sees who stands in front of her.

 

Her boss.

 

Out of everyone she could had bumped into, it was none other than her.

 

"I am so sorr-"

 

Yuri stops talking as her boss raises her hand to stop her, gave her a blank expression and just silently walk away with the coffee in her hand. Apparently her boss has a fast reflex and caught the cup of coffee.

 

How did she even catch that cup of coffee...

 

Coming back from her thoughts, Yuri picks up the fallen files and proceed into the office to place them on the table before the said woman is back.

 

No way is she gonna let her boss have another reason to torture her, though she thought that it was weird that her boss didn't scream at her for bumping into her earlier. Maybe her boss is nice after all.

 

Maybe.

 

---

 

"Yuri.. You can stop drilling holes into my head now"

 

Yuri just sips on her coffee as she bore holes into Tiffany's head. They were both at Soshi Cafe, which is 3 blocks down from Blanc & Eclare. It was finally the weekend after a long week in hell for Yuri.

 

After that day where she bumped into her boss in the hallway, her workload has doubled. She was tasked to do ridiculous request such as getting coffee 10 blocks away just to throw it away and then getting Yuri to buy another one from her usual one. She knew that her boss wasn't that nice, but it was such a ridiculous request. Yuri mentally note down that she would never do that to her employees.

 

"Come on... It wasn't that bad, was it?"

 

Yuri just glared at her cousin while she mumble to herself incoherently.

 

" I am sure she was just warming up to you. You know the first time I met her, she wouldn't even look at me. After weeks of trying to talk to her, you know what's the first thing she said to me? brainless. She called me brainless. But you know after awhi-"

 

Yuri was barely listening to her cousin and she was drawing a monster with horns on her sketchbook that she brings around.

 

"Although she would still ignore me, at least she is talking to me and I am so happy that I made a frien- JESSI!! HERE! OVER HERE!!!"

 

Yuri looks up towards the entrance as Tiffany shouted loudly across the cafe. There stood a gorgeous lady with simple white tee and destroyed jeans. One could be mesmerised by her look but to Yuri, that's a monster.

 

But not just any monster, it's her.

 

Jessica Jung.

 

 

---

Thank you for reading ^^