Song 7

The Time I Loved You

"Well done, Dream Team. How about you, Dream Duet? What report will I be getting from you?"

"Sir we.....um," I stuttered, trying to find the right words to say.

"We haven't started yet." Jongwoon finished my sentence.

"You two, see me in my office after this class."

 

I sighed heavly. Yes, both of us were freezing to death after realizing what and where we were in so we decided to go home and skip practice. Unfortunately, we haven't practiced yet. Not even once.

 

"What's happening to the both of you?"

"Seonsaengnim, I'll explain." I answered desperately.

"Ani, it's all my fault." Jongwoon claimed.

"Aniyo, I'm the one to blame."

"Didn't I say I'm the one responsible for this?!"

"You two shut up!!" Seonsaengnim shouted. "I expected a lot from my best senior and freshman and I'm totally disappointed in both of you. Because of this, I will make your tasks harder."

"..." We lowered our heads.

"The songs you will perform should be original songs."

"Ne?!"

"You can't ask for anyone's help. I want the both of you to cooperate because that's what the bth of lack. I expect to hear something by the end of the week."

"Ne, seonsaengnim."

 

After seonsaengnim left, the atmosphere was awkward. Whenever I look at him, what happened yesterday would play in my mind again. Truthfully, I couldn't sleep for even a second because of it. KIM JONGWOON-SSI, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!

 

"You should've went along."

"I'm not that kind of person!"

"Aish, this is getting harder than I thought it would be. Listen, yesterday I--" I cut his speech.

"I won't tell anyone about it. I promise."

"Thank you."

"Well, we should really start practicing for real now." I scratched the back of my head and laughed.

"See me after class."

 


 

"Listen, yesterday I--"

"It's fine. I won't tell anyone about it. I promise."

 

Those words were not the ones I expected to come out of . Maybe she'd judge me? Maybe she'd laugh at my face? Maybe she would use it against me? But she didn't. She respects my true feelings without even knowing the whole story. She never complained on our way home too. She's a unique girl indeed.

 


 

"Haejin-ah!"

"Kyuhyun oppa! Ryeowook oppa!"

"You didn't catch up with Jongwoon yesterday right? Mianhae Haejin-ah."

"Mwo? Did I miss something?" Asked a confused Kyuhyun and I giggled.

"Not much, Kyu." I told Kyu. "And no, I did catch up to him."

"So what happened?"

"I think he should be the one explaining that to you."

 

I left the two dumfounded idiots behind and laughed silently. I guess the best person to tell them about that is him. After all, I have lots of other things to worry about.

 


 

"Jongwoon-ah?"

"Mm, wae?" I turned around to see who called me.

"Something juicy must have happened." Kyuhyun smirked and I gave him a stern look.

"You heard seonsaengnim right? We couldn't present any output. Nothing happened."

"Then why were you in a bright mood? Ever since Mira returned, your behaviour worsened. But you're so different today. Normally you would've scolded me already."

"You're not gonna stop bothering me until I tell you, right?!"

"Not even if you punch us."

"Fine, I give up."

 

I decided to tell them what happened yestersay. We've been friends since the day we were born anyway...almost.

 


 

"Do you like Jongwoon?" A feminine voice came out of nowhere.

"Mwo?!" I turned around and saw that girl from before.

"I said, do you like Jongwoon?"

"So? And if I do? What does that mean to you?"

"I advice you to get rid of what you feel for him. He's still in ove with someone else right now and that someone is back, you're only distracting him. You're only hurting yourself." And without further ado, she left.

 

What was that all about? How does she know about me and Jongwoon? Is she a stalker? Did she purposely bump into me that day? Is she related to him in any way?

 

My mind was full of questions I couldn't answer. Heck, I can;t even point a single clue. Jongwoon loves someone? Did he mistake me for that person yesterday?

 


 

"And that's what happened."

 

I frowned. So Haejin is the reason why Yesung hyung is brighter now? Does she like him?

 

"Hyung, I'm gonna go to the restroom first."

 

I excused myself before I could start thinking out loud again. I can't help but be sad, and that's no reason to stop hyung's happiness either. It's been so long since he smiled like this. He's been torn for around 5 years now. Who am I take that away from him?

 

"So you like the girl too?"

"M-mira-ssi.... I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, you know what I'm talking about, Wookie." She stood behind me. "So you like her too, don't you?"

"..."

"Why don't we join forces?"

"What?!"

 

"Look, I want Jongwoon back and you want the girl. We're on the same boat. We should help each other. I'm sure we can separate the both of them. Then we will both get what we want."

"Me? Team up with you? You hurt my hyung! Why should I team up with you?!"

"I told you, we're on the same boar. You can give me your answer later. My offer still remains the same.

 

I want Haejin to like me back too, but not this way. And if she's the one who makes my hung happy, I will not steal her. I'd be happy for my hyung also.

 

Mira has changed. She's not the Mira we used to know anymore. She's not the Mira hyung loves anymore. She's a completely different person now.

 

Her ways are wrong. I won't believe her. I won't give up on Haejin, but I will play fairly. I'll play fair so that when I win, I'll have a clean conscience and I can be proud about winning with my own efforts. I'll prove you wrong, Mira. Just see it for yourself.

 


 

Guys, I'm back! I know none of you reads this section, but I'll write anyway! I'm back! I'm free! My schedule has freed up! To express my gratitude to all of you who are still here and also my apologies, I will update everyday until Jan 1st. I love you all so much. Please don't stop supporting our Jongwoonie! <3 Saranghae!