Song 6

The Time I Loved You

"Where is she?" I hissed.

 

I looked at the time and it's been 15 minutes since I stood here, waiting. Aish, what's taking her so long.

 

30 minutes later…

 

"Where is she?"

 

It started to drizzle. I peeked inside my bag but unfortunately I'm not able to bring any umbrella. What luck…

 

I hour later…

 

"H-haejin-ah….eo-….eodi….ggga?"

 

It was raining heavily and I stood there, shivering. I was shaking non stop because of the cold weather and my clothes are now dripping wet. There's no sign of her yet, just like the hope that was killed in the slowest way before.

 


 

"I can’t do it without you."

"Are you saying this for real?"

"Ne. Jongwoon-ah, I can't leave without you." She captured me in her embrace.

"Does this mean you're not leaving anymore?"

"Mm." She nodded. "I'll be on the same spot during the same day we met 10 years ago."

"Yaksuk?"

"Ne, yaksuk." I rested my forehead on hers.

 

I believed she would come. It's just like that day. The day when I swore I wouldn't wait ever again.

 

"All set!"

"Gomawo. I couldn't have done it without the both of you."

"No problem, hyung. As long as you're happy."

 

We've been here since the sun came up, carefully decorating each and every inch of this park. I took a deep breath and inhaled the fresh air to compliment the atmosphere. I played the scene in my head from 10 years ago.

 

"We'll go now, hyung!"

"Enjoy your day, fighting!"

 

I stood there with my finest tuxedo on, carrying the roses that were meant for her. I put on the biggest and brightest smile I could ever make.

 

30 minutes later…

 

"Where is she?"

 

I waited and promised to myself I'd never move an inch whatever happens. If she decides to come and I'm gone, it could all be my fault.

1 hour later….

The haunting cold sent chills to my spine and complimented my loneliness, but I didn't lose hope.

3 hours later…

The clouds above me darkened, the sky threatening to cry with me. Oh Lord, what have I done in my previous life for you to punish me like this?

I checked my phone. 25 missed calls, 50 messages. Wookie. Kyu. But not a single one from Mira. Even just a missed call would be fine, but there's nothing.

I sighed and hugged my knees tight as I sat on the soft, green grass. The gods above startes to play bowling and it didn't take a long time before the rain poured.

6 hours later…

The rain stopped, but the sun is nowhere to be seen. By now, I could be freezing to death, being out here as the rain fell for 3 long hours without stopping.

 

"Hyung! We've been trying to reach you in any way and every way!"

"Hyung!! You're pale and you're shaking! What are you still doing here?!"

"She said she'd come." That was all managed to say.

"Her neighbors said their family left in the dawn! It would be impossible for her to come back!"

"She said she can't live without me! She said she won't leave me anymore! Mira-ya! You said you'll come. Where are you now?!!!"

And the next thing I know, my body collapsed from all the enduring.

 


 

"Where are you now?!"

 

It all happened in my head like everything was happening on this very moment. My face was tear-stained and the trauma of being left in the cold found its way to me again. It was like an exact repetition of a memory and I want to bury in the back of my mind and never remember.

But I was wrong. It wasn't an exact repetition. The difference?

 

"Yesung-ah, jeongmal mianhaeyo! I fell asleep and I forgot that we had practice today I'm so sorry I didn't know it would rain this hard if only I-"

 

I cut her with a hug. The rain still poured heavily, but at the moment nothing else mattered. All that mattered is she's here now. She didn't leave me.

 

"I thought you'd never come…"

 

I pulled her closer, pouring all my emotions into her. I didn't expect her to understand me, all I need is someone who can feel me and still accept me.

That moment was all I could ask. At least, for once in my life, I won't have to hold on to the memory of being left now. Having one memory of being remembered is more than enough.

 


 

"Yesung-ah!"

 

I found him in the middle of the road, all soaked and wet from the rain. I felt a stab in my heart. This is all my fault. I ran to him and tried to explain.

 

"I didn't know it would rain if only I-"

 

He didn't wait for me to finish what I was going to say and pulled me in his embrace. I blushed at his sudden actions, completely forgetting about the rain.

 

He cried on my shoulder and held me closer. The person we all feared, the person I despised, the person who made me feel things I never felt before is now showing me his whole heart without any protection. He showed me his real emotions.

I his back and he froze for a split second at my touch, but soon he continued to sob harder. I rested my head on his chest, hearing the loud beating of his heart. Never in my dreams did I imagine us to share the same rhythym.

 

"I thought you'd never come…"

 

Even though a part of me was saying that those words are not for me, it still made my heart flutter. He stood on the very spot where he said he would be and waited for me. It took me an hour to come and the heavy rain fell on top of it all but he still waited.

I don't know about anyone else's opinion but seeing him like this means a lot to me. Revealing his true self to someone like me can be a very dangerous thing for him to do. Just one click and the internet would explode with rumors and speculations.

I'm glad he chose to show his real side to me, the pure and innocent Jongwoon that has been hurt and is tired of being strong for long enough. I guess that's the Jongwoon that I'm starting to fall for. Maybe, just maybe.


 

Sorry for the late update, my first periodical just finished. You'll forgive me, right? I know you will. Here's my peace offering ^^

And yes, there's some progress in the ... well, you get what I mean ;)

Admit it, I made you blush back there ^.^

And I just want you to know..... I LOVE YOU! Jajaja I read your last chapter already, okay? Don't be maddy! I still did even when I arrived at midnight. Saranghae!