Song 5

The Time I Loved You

"Jeogiyo!"

I walked faster, not wanting to face him.

"Jeogiyo!"

 

The footsteps that were coming towards me increased in pace and soon I found my wrist grabbed by the one and only owner of that voice. Surprisingly, it's not the person I was expecting. Am I hallucinating?

 

"You're the one I bumped into, right?"

 

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about the cellphone that the girl who bumped into me broke. What does she wnat with me this time?

 

"Yeah, what do you need?"

"I'm really sorry about your phone. Here, I bought you a new one."

"I told you that you don't have to..."

"Then just think of it as a gift from me, okay? Gotta run!"

 

She walked away immediately after giving me the brand new phone with a smile that felt so strange...it's almost haunting. I have no words to describe it. It felt as painful as seeing her hug Jongwoon. 

 

"I thought about it for a while...are you avoiding me?"

"M-mwo?!" He came out of nowhere. "M-me? A-avoiding you?"

"Yeah, it seems like it."

"No, I'm not."

"You've been avoiding my stares the whole day when you've been firing death glares yesterday."

"A-ani!"

"And you didn't see me after lunch."

"T-that..." I did, but I saw something different. "I forgot."

"And you said we were going to practice!"

"I-....I did?"

"Yes you did!" He exclaimed. "Why don't we um....Let's start practicing tomorrow."

"Yah, stop imitating me!"

"Did I do something wrong?" He grabbed my wrist and made me face him, our faces only an inch apart. My heart was beating wildly.

"Aniyo."

"Then why were you crying?"

"I wasn't!" How'd he know?

"What did you see?"

"Mwo..?" How did he find out about that? "I didn't see anything..."

"Then why are you avoiding me?"

"I told you I'm not avoiding you!"

"Well then, we'll certainly have practice today...right Haejin?"

"..." I gulped.

"I'll take that as a yes." He winked and I felt my cheeks burn. He let go of my wrist. "I'm not going to be so easy on you."

 


 

So that's the girl Jongwoon is falling head over heels for? She looks absolutely normal to me.

 

"Are you stalking my hyung?"

"Omo!" I gasped. "Kyuhyunnie, I didn't see you there!"

"Don't Kyuhyunnie me. He doesn't want you here anymore." My eyebrows furrowed.

"How sure are you? He's just playing with that girl right there, but I'm still the one in his heart. Plus, she's completely normal."

"I'd totally prefer normal over you any day of the week."

"Mworago?!"

"Gotta go, see you around. I'll be keeping my eyes on you." and he left.

 

That mean little creature never changed! =-= EVILKYU! Aish, this is so frustrating!!!!


 

[Lunch time]

 

"This is awkward..." Kyuhyun blurted out without taking a short pause as he stuffed food endlessly in his mouth.

 

After the fight last time, Ryeowook and Yeung were awkward. Both of them wanted to speak and break the silence but neither of them had the courage to. The deafening silence within their table drove the maknae crazy.

 

"Just talk already!"

"Look..." They said in unison.

"You first."

"No, you go first."

"Arrasso." Yesung took a deep breath. "I'm sorry for shouting on you yesterday but I swear I never saw her that day. I have no idea why she's crying and I am so confused as to why she's avoiding me. I only talked to Mira that day."

"Mianhae, hyung. It was wrong of me to judge you but you should've seen her. She looked really pitiful."

"Do you...like her?"

 

Yesung asked Ryeowook the question that had been bothering him for quite some time now. Kyuhyun dropped him spoon upon hearing the leader's words and his eyes widened, earning chuckles from everyone. 

 

"I don't know. Maybe I'm starting to."

 

Ryeowook answered honestly in the coolest and calmest manner there will ever be, sending shivers to Yesung. For some reason, he didn't like it. He knew he had no reason to be mad, but something just felt off. Something about it is definitely wrong.

And just like the usual times, both of the forgave each other even before lunch time was over.


 

"Need some help?"

"Ah, Ryeowook oppa..."

 

I spotted HAejin sittig on the floor at the corner of the hallway. Seems like she's trying to figure out how her new phone works. I joined her.

 

"Ne, how do you turn this thing on?"

"You just press this and this..."

 

Our hands touched but only I noticed. Still, it made me happy. I admired her long fingers and her soft hands, something I don't usually do.

 

"I'm guessing this is your new phone?"

"Ne." She nodded. "My old one broke when I bumped into this senior so she gave me a new one. I never used these before."

"I see. It's written all over your face." I smiled teasingly and she hit my shoulder lightly.

"Yah! That's why I'm asking for your help!"

"And you know I'll always be here." I mumbled.

"Mwo? Did you say something?"

"A-andwae!"

 

the moments we spent together felt like an eternity to me. She's a fast learner. I only teach her something once and she already understands it.

 

"How can you be friends with that monster? You're the exact opposite as him! You're kind, helpful, super talented and he's just rude and pathetic!" She finished her rant with a yawn.

"He's so much better than that. you just don't see it yet, and you don't know why he became like that also."

 

Soon enough, she fell asleep without her knowing it. She must be tired from all the activities they made yesterday. She looked pained in her position so I held the back of her head and leaned it on my shoulder. I couldn't be happier.

I sang soft lullabies, completely forgetting about the time. Who cares anyway? This is definitely where I want to be.


 

I woke up from my nap and found oppa resting his head above mine, sleeping as well. Omo! This is so embarrassing! I must have fallen asleep without noticing it!

 

"You're awake?"

"Y-ye, jeongmal kamsahamnida."

"You don't have to be so thankful and embarrassed, I don't mind at all." He laughed it off and I felt relieved.

 

I glanced at my watch and...OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THE TIME!! THAT MONSTER IS SO GONNA KILL ME FOR BEING LATE!


Did that take a 90 degree turn? Hahahaha xD Happy to play with your feels ^^ And one revealing chapter to clarify more confusions, coming right up! And yes, Kyuhyun is 'Not Afraid Of Anything'. Ahahahaha.

 

 

 

Sorry baby, you know I can't resist you...