Song 4

The Time I Loved You

[The next day]

 

"Dongsaeng-ah, I miss you so much!"

"Unnie, mianhae! I should have called you earlier. Jeongmal mianhae."

"Gwenchana. How's school? Is it fun there?"

"Mmm! The campus is very big and there are lots of different people unnie! It's very different."

"I'm glad you're liking it there."

"And there will be an annual music fest to be held next month! I'm participating in it!"

"Jinjja?"

"Ne! I'm singing a duet with a senior!"

"Don't forget to take a video!"

"Of course."

"I have to go now, dongsaeng."

"Arrasso. Annyeong! Take care of appa and eomma for me!"

 

That was my sister, Joo Haena. She looks after eomma and appa while studying in Busan. She has a great voice too.

 

*bam*

 

"Mworago?!" Someone bumped into me and I fell to the floor. My phone also slipped my hand and fell.

"Mianhae, I really didn't mean it."

 

A beautiful girl with short hair helped me up and my mind tells me that she's the one who bumped into me. I picked up my phone and checked it but it's too late. My cheap cellphone is broken.

 

"My phone!"

"Jeongmal mianhae! I'll just get you a new one."

"Forget about it."

 

I walked away angrily. She did apologize but I used that phone ever since I was in 3rd grade. Is everyone in this campus like that? Thinking their money can fix everything? Not even the most expensive phone can replace its sentimental value right now.

 

But that girl...she's a senior right? She looks too old to be a freshman or sophomore. This si the first time I've seen her around. Oh well, it's already broken anyway. There's no point in chasing after her and crying now.

 

I went straight to our classroom and pretended like nothing happened.

 


 

"Yesung-ah?"

"You said we'll practice after classes! What do you need?!"

"Were you expecting someone else?" I turned around, startled.

 

I certainly didn't expect what's in front of me. Who, to be exact. It's that quick then? She sends me a text message after how many years and two days later, she's back trying to force herself back into my life. But then, I must be this low for still having a little happiness somewhere in my heart because she came back.

 

"Jongwoon-ssi..."

"Mira-ya..."

"How have you been? I missed you so much!" She caught me in her embrace. "Do you know how lonely I was? You never sent an email. I was so lonely without you."

"What about me? Did you even consider how I felt before you left? I bet you never really missed me, there's all the kinds of guys there." She looked at me, stunned.

"Jongwoon-ah, I never wanted to hurt you."

"Then what do you think you're doing to me? Stop playing with my feelings because I'm not the weak Jongwoon who used to follow you around wherever you go anymore!" I pushed her away.

 


 

"Yesung-ssi, naega-"

 

I froze on the spot. A girl was hugging him. It's the girl from earlier.

I hid behind the walls and played the scene in my mind over and over again. My heart felt a short, sharp pain inside that I didn't pay much attention to.

What was I thinking, reaching out to an arrogant guy hopelessly when he has a girlfriend who's just like him already? I'm such a fool. Pabo, Haejin. PABO.

I ran away as fast as I could before anyone sees me.

 


 

"Hyunnie, isn't that Haejin?

"Mwo? Eodi?"

"Nevermind..."

 

I swear I saw her running with tears all over her face. Did Jongwoon do it to her again? I clenched my fists.

 

"Hyung, let's just find Yesung hyung and get this over with. I'm hungry already."

"Ne..."

 


 

"I'll talk to you again when you're in the right mood, Woon-ah. I know you still like me." And she walked away.

 

You don't love her.

You only loved her.

You loved her.

You still love her.

 

"What's wrong with you, pabo?!" Ryeowook appeared from nowhere and punched me. I tried to punch him back but Kyuhyun stood in the middle of us.

"What's wrong with YOU?!" I fired back.

"Haejin didn't harm you as greatly!"

"Mwo?! I don't understand you!"

"We saw her crying hyung and I'm sure she came from this direction! No one else would make her cry!"

"She never came here! I never saw her today!""

"You LIAR!"

"HYUNGS, CALM DOWN!"

 

"If there's someone who should be crying now, it should be me! Do you know how painful it is to be in Mira's arms  again? Do you know what she told me just now?"

"Maybe I don't know any of those but Haejin doesn't either! You have no right to make her cry! Stop thinking of yourself only! You weren't like this before that stupid ex of yours came!"

"I told you already! I swear I didn't make her cry!"

 

By any chance, does Ryeowook.... like Haejin?

 


 

*sniff sniff* 

I must look horrible right now. Why am I crying like this?

 

"Here, use this."

"Ryeowook-ssi, I possibly can't."

"I insist. You really need it right now."

"K-kamsahamnida, Ryeowook-ssi."

"There's no need to use formalities now. Why don't you just call me oppa?"

"N-ne, Ryeowook-s....oppa."

 

I wiped away my tears and sweat with his hankerchief. I fell really thankful to Wookie oppa right now.

 

"Is it okay for me to ask why you're crying?"

"I don't even know the reason myself."

"Why don't you use this and turn it into inspiration? I believe there's a whole lot more to you than we've seen. You just have to let everyone see it."

"Gomawoyo, Ryeowook oppa. Jinjja. I don't know what I'd do right now without you.


PLOT TWIST ALERT! Mira's back and Ryeowook possibly likes Haejin?!