Song 3

The Time I Loved You

"One of you must participate in a duet performance with Kim Jongwoon-ssi!"


"That guy just now?"

"Oh my god! I would never want to work with him!"

"He's so arrogant, all he sees are mistakes!"

"No way, he's a perfectionist!"


"So, who wants to sing with him for the Music Fest next month?"



"Jongwoon-ah!"

"Why did you just leave like that?" Ryeowook and Kyuhyun came after me and I wiped my tears.

"Aniyo, gwenchana."

"Gwenchana?! Is this how you look when you're alright?"

"This is about Mira right?"

"Ne! It's about her! Everything is about her! It's been 3 years and it's still about her! I can't think of anything else but her!"

"Hyung calm down!"


I let out all my anger on both of them for the first time in a very long period. The tears kept flowing and I can see confusion in their eyes.


"Something happened, right?"

"She's....she's coming back."

"M-mwo?! Mworago?!"

"She's coming back."

"Then what's the great fuss? Shouldn't you move on? Shouldn't you move on and show her-" Kyuhyun cut Ryeowook.

"Hyung, we know how much pain Mira-ya gave to hyungnim. And besides, didn't you hear her?" 

"Hear who?" Ryeowook asked,

"She sounds a lot like her." 


There was this moment of complete, awkward silence. Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun with eyes as big as his mouth right now, which means he just realized it obviously.


"Mianhae, hyung..." Wookie tapped my shoulder. "I was completely oblivious."

"We have to go back now."


The three of us went back to the classroom. I don't know what I'd do without them. They're my best of friends.


Seonsaengnim was in the middle of asking everyone about being my partner when we arrived. He glanced at me and saw my puffy eyes. He just nodded in understanding.


The room had the same awkward silence that occurred a while ago. So other students despise me this much? 


"I do." 


YOU AGAIN?!



"I do."


I raised my right hand with full confidence and everyone looked my way. Haha, guess none if you idiots are brave enough to face the devil, huh? 


I want to show him that he's wring for belittling me. If everyone's so scared if the great art of vocals, I'm not. I'll show him and everyone that I am qualified to be his partner.


"Did I hear it correctly, Ms. Joo?"

"Ne, seonsaengnim."

"Alright then. Hanbyul, Monsuk and Yoonji will be in one team while Haejin and Yesung on the other. All of you, meet me in this classroom after your last class today."


I know that I am just a hoobae and he is my sunbae and I'm sure that be will be hard on me but I won't give up until he sees me equally and apologize for his wrongdoings. First, he rejected my sincere apology, and now he walked out during my performance? Huh!



[Later that afternoon...]


"I am very pleased to have very talented students this year. Let's make the festival a success!"


After seonsaengnim left the five of us to start working on our performances, the other team started right away. Now I'm starting to regret why I volunteered to be his partner. This .


"Yah...." I called him.

"Yah!"

"Kim Yesung!" I tossed a piece of crumpled paper on his head.

"Mwo?!" He finally faced me.

"What are we going to perform?"

"Just think of a song and tell me."


Andwae! This is why it's called a duet. We have to work together, not separately. Aish, this guy is getting on my nerves.


"Fine! I'll just thing of a song and get this over with. I don't even remember why I put up with you in the first place!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and reached for the door.

"Jakaman." I slowly turned around.

"Well?" I answered, waiting impatiently.

"You remind me of someone."


 



Her fierceness, her principles, her voice....everything about her is similar to Mira. Why do I have to work with someone like her?


"You remind me of someone."

"Is that all you want to say? Because if that's all then-"

"I'm....sorry." She walked to her seat slowly, her face tells me that she didn't expect it at all.

"C-can you repeat what you just said?'

"I said I'm sorry."


 



My heart skipped a beat after hearing his words. Hearing those words from him seemed like an impossible dream a while ago.


"I'm just.... I haven't been thinking straight since this morning."

"Why don't we um..." My body was sweating a lot. "Let's start practicing tomorrow?"

"Yeah, let's do that."


My mind still refused to believe the fact that he apologized even after seeing him leave. Did I judge him wrongly? Should I change how I think of him?


"I'm sorry about Yesung, Ms. Joo."

"Omo, seonsaengnim you startled me." Seonsaengnim came out of nowhere.

"He's going through a lot of things, I hope you can be patient with him. He's more than just a great singer and I know that you'll see that soon."

"N-ne. I will keep doing my best."

"Thank you, Ms. Joo."


Maybe he's not that bad after all. Maybe this whole experience won't be so bad. I blushed thinking about everything that happened so quickly as I got out of the classroom and went home.