Side Story - HoYeol (Hoya and Sungyeol)

Because It's You (Kimi ga Sukidayo)

this is flashback of how Hoya can met Sungyeol before at the cafeteria...enjoy!


Hoya was dancing passionately with a loud music which was playing by his smartphone, connected with speaker with loudest volume. Who cares? The studio was sound proof anyway. He always dancing at the dance studio after school period to fill his free time. He danced when he want to release stress, he danced when he was happy, he danced when he was sad, he danced almost every single time. He expressed his feelings through his dancing. He will dance until he collapsed on the ground and lost all his energy. Dancing is his passion since he was in elementary school. Being a dancer is one of his dream. His parents let him to achieve it but with one condition that he need to graduate at his high school first and after that, he can do whatever he want.

That's why he can't wait to finish his high school years. He was too deep into his dancing until he didn't notice that someone was open the door and had been watching him for the long time. He realized it when someone was clapping excitedly and approached him with a big smile of him. He reminded Hoya of dinosaur. Hoya paused the music and looked at him cluelessly. That dino guy stopped in front of him and bowed.

"Annyonghaseyo, Jang Dongwoo-imnida! I'm 2nd year student and I really like your dance! Can we be partner?", he introduced himself with a big and cheerful smile still plastered on his smile. Hoya gave a slight smile and bowed before introduced himself, "Lee Howon-imnida but just call me Hoya. I'm 2nd year student too and thank you for your praise", Hoya rubbed his nape and laughed awkwardly. While Dongwoo laughed loudly because of shy Hoya but still managed to say, "No! I really love your dance. It's looked like you expressed your feelings through it. And you know what? I love dancing too. Can we be friends?".

Hoya gave him a blank look. Dongwoo can sensed that Hoya was doubted at him. So he the music on Hoya's smartphone and started dancing. Hoya widened his eyes and gaped as he looked his dance. Dongwoo's dance was so...skilfully and energetic. While his dancing was passionate. He clapped loudly as Dongwoo finished his dance with wild gaze of him. But it was not over yet as Dongwoo challenged him to come forward and danced with him.

So, Hoya stepped forward and danced. Just like that, they become dance partner and best friend. To Hoya, it was hard to find someone who was has passion in dancing. Most of them liked acting or singing. Because both of them didn't really had to involve their physical body. That's why Hoya just sing when he want to but most of it, Hoya danced because dancing were involving both of our physical and emotion. It's quite hard but Hoya liked it. He also prefer raps than ballad songs. But someone was changed his perspective, without lot of effort.

One day, when he was bidding Dongwoo goodbye and that dino guy ran first because he has an errand to do, he was walking along the corridor. While he was walking, he still dancing a little because he thought that no one in the school right now since it was out school period and he couldn't dance today. He needed to go home quickly because he has a lots of homeworks, I mean questions and he needed to solve it. But he stopped his step as he heard someone was singing. But it not just that, he stopped because that voice sounds soft melodic to his ears.

'Music room', Hoya read the sign at the door and pushed glass door a little bit just to hear her sang.

gaseumi ttwinda na tto amu mal motage (My heart is beating, I can’t say anything once again)
oneureul wihae junbihaetdeon modeun maldeul (All the words I prepared for today)

gieok soge sarajyeoga (Disappears in my memory)

Hoya become froze after he heard the voice. It was not a melodic or high-note voice, but it was a soft and sweet one. That girl still didn't notice his present since she was wearing headphone and was closing her eyes to focus on the song and lyrics. Not to mention that she also turned it into high volume so no one can disturb her. She was standing in the middle of the room as her right hand was gestured about the lyrics and song while the other hand was holding her smartphone. Then, she opened her eyes to look through the songs that she wan to sing.

That time, the time seemed so slow as Hoya was awedstruck by the moment she opened her eyes. Although he can only saw the side profile of her face, he can clearly saw that she has a pair of big adorable eyes and dark brown orbs, long straight dark brown hair, smooth white skin, pointy nose, rosy pink kissable lips and tall. Very tall for a girl. Hoya thought that her height was almost same as his height. The sunlight was shining through the window of the room and made her more sparkling.

She still oblivious about Hoya's presence and he also seemed couldn't move his feet although he wanted to run away from the scene. But something was cancel his intention again. She closed her eyes again and started singing.

Sonna funni bokuwo minaide (Don't look at me like that)

Sonna iu nowa tokui janai (Such a thing is not my line)

Sonna funni omotte tano? (Have you been thinking so?)

Gakkari sa koreja kattaomoi (I'm bummed out. That means one way love)

Although Hoya didn't understand any Japanese words, but he knew that it was a sad song, based on her face expression. And her singing tone. Eventhough she has a soft voice, but her singing has a strong feeling. Like she was expressing her feeling through the songs, just like him who expressed himself through dancing.

Bokuno niju yojikanwa subete kimidakeno monodakara (Because all my 24 hours belong only to you)

Sukini tsukaeba iinosa~ (You can use as you like~)

All for you

Datte kimino niju yojikanno ichibyo demo ii yeah~ (Well, even 1 second of your 24 hours is fine)

Hitorijime dekiru nara~ Kitto makes my day (If I can keep it to myself~ Maybe makes my day)

He already had been a thousands of professional or high note singer but this is his favourite one. Everyone has different taste, right? She couldn't hit high note but her voice was strong yet really soft one. Like he thought before, she was expressing herself through the song. He sweared that he didn't hallucinating that tear at the corner of her eyes when she opened her eyes. Even she was crying, she was still breathtakingly beautiful and Hoya still glued his eyes on her.

But the moment didn't last forever as his loud ringtone was ringing and echoed through the hallway. He quickly took his smartphone from his pocket and answered it without looking at the caller ID to stop the ringtone. He ran faster than Usain Bolt to not let his mystery angel knew about his presence and it must be really awkward one. He really didn't mean to stalk her. He hid behind the wall at the stairs and panted heavily. Good thing that he was an athelic one.

That girl quickly looked at the outside of the room as soon as she heard the ringtone. But Hoya was faster than her. She looked at left and right and looked further to make sure that there's no one there. She didn't like it when someone heard her singing. She kept this secret to her own self. When she make sure that no one saw her singing, she entered the music room again to take her backpack and went home. Good thing that Hoya was already out of the school.

After that incident, he always went to music room every week after he was dancing at the dance studio. It became his routine/habit. I mean stalked her. But Hoya will deny it and said that he only looking at her. He didn't even know her name until one day, an incident happened. Hoya was walking through the hallway, but he suddenly stop as he felt something small and solid under his right shoe. He moved his feet and crounched down to pick up that thing.

It was a nametag. 'Lee Sungyeol', he said slowly and looked around, tried to find maybe someone who was looking for this nametag. Then, he spotted someone, a girl to be exacted, looked like was looking for something. She kept looking at the ground while walking without looked at in front of her. Hoya couldn't see her face since her long hair was covering her face. 'Maybe this is her nametag', he thought as he walked slowly toward her to avoid bumping. But, it still happened.

She bumped, hard into Hoya and almost fell due to the impact. Hoya held her arm to prevent her from fell on the ground. Hoya still couldn't see her face as she bowed immediately to thank and apologized to him. When she showed her face fully, Hoya get another electrifying feeling. It's his crush! His angel! But he didn't know her name, sadly. Those big sparkling eyes, round cheeks, fair skin, pink lips...he really want to say something but all the words seemed like get stuck on his throat.

"I-is th-this yours?", he cursed himself for stuttering. To avoid this awkward situation, he showed the nametag and gave it to her. She looked at it blankly before she gasped and revealed her big gummy smile. She jumped excitedly and hugged him tightly(Hoya shocked due to her sudden action but she didn't mind it) before took it from Hoya's hand and said thank you-s and kept bowing. 'She's so cute!', he thought as he said you're welcome and she went away from the scene. But before it reached 5 steps, she turned around again to face Hoya and gave her blinding and cheerful smile before bowed. 

She skipped happily and that made her hair kept bouncing and flying slightly in the air. Even it was short moment, but it still an unforgettable moment to Hoya and that was the most beautiful and cute sight. He wondered, why the nametag simply make her happy like a kid who just got his favourite ice cream? He chuckled slightly before continued his postponed walking, headed toward dance studio.

Lee Sungyeol, he will never forget that name, who already stole his heart simply. And he promised to himself that one day he will confess to her and will make her as his girlfriend. And tried to not be a coward too. But it was easy to say than do it. You know, cafeteria incident. I hope they will be a couple. Hihihi...


hello everyone! i'm sooo sorry about very very very late update...i'm currently busy with lab reports and assignments...so here is short story about them and I hope u like it! btw I currently write another story, Selca Ghost(YeolJong as main couple) and Fly to the Sky(MyungJong as main couple)...please give me support for this story..and thank u very much for spending your time to wait for this and reading this..Hoya and Sungyeol(HoYeol) for you readers..and thank u once again subscribing my story...^^