Chapter 3

Dancing On My Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yeonhee strode back into Kyungsoo’s room, in which Kyungsoo was doing an assignment that his Math teacher gave the class a while ago. “You’re really busy aren’t you, oppa?”

“Hmm..” he hummed “I actually need your help..” Kyungsoo said problematized by one question, while gripping on the pen he’s holding, tapping it on the Math book, "Answer this please" as he pouted at her. Yeonhee only gave him a disgusted look and gave him the signal to say the problem, he had the brightest face as if winning something, “One day, a person went to a horse racing area. Instead of counting the number of humans and horses, he counted 74 heads and 196 legs. How many humans and horses were there?” he looked at Yeonhee begging for answers who just gave him a weird look.

“Uh.. that's a simple math. 24 horses and 50 humans?” she answered immediately.

“What the hell..” Kyungsoo mumbled before leaving a shocked face “You are really a genius!” he exclaimed and smiled while writing down the answer.

“Because we had that kind of question a while ago” she explained.

“Well.. you’re still a genius” he said. She ignored him and went to the study table and sat down there.

“Yah Yah Yah!” Kyungsoo exclaimed trying to push her sister, “your weight might break my precious little table” he cried jokingly. Yeonhee sighed and laughed inwardly upon seeing Kyungsoo act like a little baby. Instead, she sat down on the edge of his bed.

“Oppa?” her voice lowered, “hm?” Kyungsoo hummed while picking up the pen and went back to his assignment, “Am I not really worth of being loved and screaming to the world how much a person loves me?”

He looked down at his book and dropped his pen surprised by her outburst. “I do that all the time, don’t I?” he turned his chair around and looked at her sister who had a gloomy face as if she was about to cry.

“Because I’m your sister, that’s why.” she frowned as she climbed on his bed and threw her body comfortably. “ah your bed is so soft.” she whispered.

“And I’m very proud to have you” he said furrowing his brows. 

“Then why is everyone else ashamed to have me?” she sighed and stared long at the ceiling.

His mouth opened to say something, but nothing came out. He examined her face and he just knew, brother’s instinct, that it’s either because of Jongin or what happened to their family.

“You know what.” she whispered. “I’m just tired, nevermind what I just said.” and pulled the blanket against her body as she closed her eyes.

“Yeon..” Kyungsoo said, and emotion spilled all over his face. He seemed overwhelmed by what she felt. He shut his eyes and took a full breath before opening them once more. He stood up and sat down beside her sister. “Just sleep, little sister. I’ll just sleep in your room.” he whispered, his tone gentled a little, smoothing her long hair in a gesture of brotherly love, as he started humming Yeonhee’s favorite song, Fly to the Sky’s Missing You. He always does this every night, singing a lullaby to her sister. "I'll be here to watch over you, arraseo?"

"You should sleep too, oppa. You still have school and work tomorrow" she breathed, her eyes were closed and she looked very serene. She relaxed and smiled as she listened to her brother’s humming. To be honest, it hurts Kyungsoo seeing her sister like this. It’s like seeing your most valuable thing that you have kept and took care of for years, and then one day, you’ll see it breaking like the world has made its most cruel move.

Kyungsoo smiled and pressed a soft kiss against her forehead before standing up and turning off the light as he got out.

 

 

 

The next morning, Yeonhee woke up to her brother’s loud singing in the shower, “TOUCH MY BODY! urin jogeumssik ppareuge~ OH EVERYBODY! pureun haneul boda nopi” he sang like his lungs were about to burst. She assumed he was dancing to Sistar’s Touch my body for sure. She sat up groggily, her eyes half opened as she scratched her head frustrated. “ing brother singing like he’s about to die” she hissed. She reached for her phone only to see it was only 5:47 am and she still had an hour before her usual wake up call. My body body Touch ma body, she heard his brother again and she threw her head back down and grabbed her pillow and screamed into it.

After a minute of cursing her brother for ruining her sleep, he heard the shower had been turned off and heard the door of the bathroom open. She immediately stood up from the bed and got out of the room only to be welcomed by a half Kyungsoo who only had a towel on his lower bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter