Chapter 10

Dancing On My Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Wow!” Chanyeol whispered, “the captain is actually in our team!” he said excitedly to Baekhyun

“I know right! Who would have thought” Baekhyun said.

“Wow!” Eunsoo whispered, mocking Chanyeol, and the two boys drifted their attention to the voice, “I have never seen two boys fangirling over a boy. That’s so…. weird” she said. Chanyeol scoffed at her and acted offended, “says the girl who would fangirl because she touched the hem of his shirt and –“ “Ya! Shut up yoda!” Eunsoo stuck her tongue out. The three of them cleared their throats when Jongin was walking their way.

“Hey guys” Jongin smiled at them, “I’m glad to be part of this group” he showed his oh-so mesmerizing smile. Eunsoo, Soojin, and Haeun held their feels and controlled their fangirling moment.

“Who’s fangirling now huh?”Chanyeol whispered to Eunsoo and raised his eyebrow. Eunsoo just rolled her eyes and she returned her attention back to Jongin. 

“We’re lucky to have you in our team!” Soojin said immediately and the other 2 girls agreed nodding their heads excitedly.

Yeonhee swallowed hard, trying to get rid of the pressure in , and tried her hardest to act natural without stuttering, “we’re glad to have the captain in our group. I hope we can work well together” she smiled and looked at Jongin. The mere fact that they are standing in a room loaded of students while Jongin stares at no one but Yeonhee, was overwhelming for her. She swallowed hard. Taemin observed the two latter and something pestered inside him at the closeness of them, how their eyes bolted in the midst of the mayhem inside the room.

“Hey captain!” Minseok called out to Jongin, he turned his head and saw Minseok calling him, “it’s already time to train. Coach might be looking for us.”

“Oh? Is it time already?” he looked at his watch and saw it’s already 5:02pm, “I didn’t notice the time. Well I guess….” He looked at Yeonhee and her teammates, “I’ll see you next meeting, arrasseo?” he smiled again making Eunsoo fan herself with her hand. “Ya stop with that fangirling” Baekhyun whispered. “Yes captain!” Soojin exclaimed and the other teammates nodded their heads.

Yeonhee didn't say anything that she had no words that could express the twirled chaos of feelings inside her that she just watched Jongin go right out the door. “He forgot…” she whispered to herself. She was just standing in the middle of the dance room that she did not hear her classmates leave the room. She didn't see that she had been standing their motionless for a considerable length of time.

“Yeonhee?” Taemin called out quietly. She jumped a little and had her senses back, “are you okay? You have been standing there for a long time already.”

“Yeah, I-I’m fine” she smiled weakly. “Oh? Everyone’s gone? Silly me, didn’t even notice everyone already left.” she laughed inwardly and walked to get her bag. “are you going home?” she asked Taemin.

“Yeah, c’mon let’s go together” Taemin offered since they live in the same block. Yeonhee just nodded and grabbed her bag and left the room.

Later at night, Yeonhee strolled down the road with a grave face. She was holding into her phone expecting a message from Jongin, yet hours have passed and she didn't get any message from him. The street was wet with downpour,dark and glossy like oilskin. The dark road shined. They walked to the bus stop silently, none of them tried to talk as Taemin sensed that she wasn’t in the mood. The bus finally arrived after a few minutes and they hopped inside. She sat by the window with a ticket in her hand and Taemin seated just right beside her. Through the window a hundred faces fluttered by as she can see the busy street with people walking and running everywhere to get to their destination.

“We’re here.” Taemin mumbled. Yeonhee looked around and nodded. They both hopped outside the bus and thanked the driver for the ride.

They both walked in between unfamiliar buildings in a long, straight road, and grimy walls.

“You want to talk about it?” Taemin asked as he noticed the sadness in her eyes.

“Hmm? Talk about what?” she asked while adjusting her backpack.

“I know you’re over thinking right now—“

“I’m not!” she protested.

“Yeah? Well, you didn’t even notice we’re walking in a wrong direction right now.” Taemin stated.

Yeonhee opened her eyes widely and looked at her surroundings. They were walking somewhere in an unfamiliar street “—and you didn’t even notice it wasn’t really our stop a while ago. So yeah you’re not over thinking huh?” he furrowed his eyebrows and Yeonhee felt embarrasse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter