Chapter 4

Dancing On My Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Excuse me! Excuse me!” she shoved onto the students who were just exiting their classrooms as soon as the bell rang, “passing through! passing through! excuse me!” her head felt like it was going to crack down in the middle as she ran as fast as she could. Turning from corner to corner, apologizing to the people whom she had bumped into accidentally, running from the second floor up to the fifth floor for her next class, and she just felt like dying because she’s running late. Even though a month has already passed since she started her first day in her 2nd year in high school, it was the first meeting of her next class.

She wasn't dressed like a student actually. She just came from the bathroom and changed into a plain black v-neck shirt that showed her petite body, along with her curves. She wore gray sweatpants and sneakers looking like she’s going to dance. Actually she is, and that was the reason she was running endlessly. She was running late because her last teacher extended a few minutes before dismissing the class.

Moving deliberately, she managed to get through the crowded halls. Her brunette hair was a mess as she strode fast going upstairs. There were beads of sweats on her face as she panted heavily after being able to reach the fifth floor. She abruptly stopped for a moment catching her breath. She looked at her wrist watch and started running again as the room was just a few feet away and she can’t managed to be late on her first meeting. As she turned to the corner while running, she bumped into someone and the pressure of her running digged its way and she lost her balance as she landed on her .

“Ohgod are you okay?" the boy asked, attempting to stifle a grin but failing miserably at the act. His tone sounded so mellow and gentle. She nodded and smiled back at him while steadying herself. "You’re running late, I see," he commented. Yeonhee nodded again. "Well, you're just a few minutes late don’t worry" he said, and he offered his hand to help her stand up.
Yeonhee took it slowly and looked at the boy as if recognizing him. He was still smiling at her as he lifted her up, and Yeonhee brushed the dirt on her pants. “Sorry for that. I just ran from the second floor” she explained. “You're also la—hey wait!” finally recognizing him, “You’re that student on the bus, right? The one who-“

“Offered you the seat? Yeah that’s me” he finished for her, the corner of his mouth lifting; “You’re welcome” now the grin was real.

“Uhm..” she chuckled softly giving him a weird look. She felt amused by this boy. He’s quite handsome when you look at him up close. He has a thick black hair and bangs that fall perfectly on his forehead. He’s quite cute to be honest. He’s too skinny for a man, but he’s quite a charmer. It was wrong to call him handsome because nobody could replace Jongin, but scratch that, he’s gorgeous- Yeonhee thought. 

“I’m Taemin by the way” he offered his right hand gesturing for a shake hand, “Lee Taemin” he smiled and Yeonhee gladly took the gesture and held his hand “Yeonhee. Do Yeonhee”

“Nice to meet you, Yeonhee" his smile never left his face as he pulled his hand finishing the introduction and put it inside his pocket. “Well, I guess we’re on the same class?” he asked, but he obviously knew the answer.

“Uh.. Y-yes I guess” Yeonhee stammered, not knowing why she stammered, thinking whether because she was still panting from running, or because of this boy in front of her. Looking away, she glanced on the inside of the dance studio and seeing that the class has already started- she panicked. “oh god the class is starting” she mumbled.

“C’mon. We're both in trouble” he laughed before pulling her and opened the door for her. She hesitated for a while, wondering why she was embarrassed.

When they entered the room, all eyes were on them and they stood still by the door and bowed for apology. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Jongin shoot her a look of confusion. Actually, this class consists of second year students from different classes joined altogether for those who have the passion for dancing. They all took this class to further enhance their dancing skills and they were given the choice between singing class and dancing class. It was part of the activity of the school wherein they take classes based on their talents and skills and they will showcase it at the end of the school year.

When she glanced at him, he gave her a look that says why are you late? and she just gave him an apologetic face. This class is actually handled by the SOPA dance team along with a real teacher, who is a lot older than them. He teaches this class for more than 10 years now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter