Chapter 12

Dancing On My Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Her brain was a wreck the entire day that she couldn't think properly. Since it was a Friday, she chose to go to a place that could calm her mind. She sent Jongin a message that she would be going to the place that both of them only know.

She had taken the bus and surprisingly, there were only a few people inside. She decided to not sit since the next stop would be her destination. She hopped outside the bus when it arrived to the location. Yeonhee walked for a while as she came face to face with a building just a 2 stories high. She went inside and greeted the ahjussi that was taking care of the building.

“Oh Yeonhee-ssi, I haven’t seen you in months!” the ahjussi remarked. “Glad to see you again” he said so genuine.

“How are you, ahjussi?” she asked politely, “Yeah I have been busy with school stuff, it’s tough to be a scholar there” Yeonhee smiled, “Is the dance studio available?” she asked.

“Yeah yeah, you can dance until midnight” the ahjussi replied and chuckled lightly, “is Jongin coming?” he asked.

“Ah i’m not really sure” she said. “May I?” she gestured for the keys for the dance studio and the ahjussi gave the keys. Yeonhee thanked him and proceeded upstairs.

It had been a special place for both Jongin and Yeonhee because this is where they made most of their memories together when they were still free to go out and be happy. She opened the sliding door and was greeted by the scent of the room that she had missed. She the lights and dramatically smiled when she saw what’s inside. She went inside and dropped her bag aside as she changed from her uniform to comfortable white t-shirt and pants. After tying her sneakers, she stood up and connected her phone to the stereo and chose a song. She started to warm up first as she went to the middle and watched herself from the mirror that was surrounding her.

She started to dance slowly, dancing to the beat of the music. Her whole body etched to the music, the structure, the control, the touch of her wrist, everything was perfect. She does this most of the time, dancing alone- dancing to the music that she and only she can hear it. She moved gracefully as she always does, it had been months since she had this alone time. She wasn’t able to focus on her dancing because of the pressure of being the scholar in the school that she had to maintain high grades. Many people still haven’t recognized her passion in dancing in her school and students only think she’s just one of those average dancers out there.

With a finishing step, the music ended leaving her breathless and panting over the dance. She heard a clap from afar and it became audible as the sound came closer and closer to where she was dancing.

“Would you like to?" he asked above the roar of the music. She turned her head across the room and looked over at him, “what?” she asked. “Dance.” he said in a low and peachy sound. She tilted her head and smiled at him. Jongin went to the stereo and connected his phone and played a familiar music. A music that sounded so smooth and quiet. The music began and Jongin went closer to Yeonhee. She leaned close, and he grasped her by the wrist, “remember the time I danced for you and asked you to be my girlfriend?” Yeonhee nodded and half-smiled at him taking his arm. They stepped in as the music hit them. A charismatic gentleman and his lover dancing in the middle of a deserted dance studio, Jongin led her. They started to dance all at once.

“Memories eh?” he said as he looked at Yeonhee so affectionately. She tilted her head to take a look at him and her breath got in that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter