Chapter 6

Dancing On My Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yeonhee gathered her things, shouldering her bag. “Yeonhee!” somebody shouted behind her. “Oh, hey Taemin” she replied, “What’s up?”

He hurried to her with his bag slung over on one shoulder, with his hair still disheveled from the intense first meeting of the class. “Want to grab some food with them?” he said, rolling his neck still bruised from the push-ups he did.

She peeked behind his shoulder and saw 5 people waving at her who were just behind the door. “I actually have no more energy to go downstairs” she joked, “but since I’m hungry, c’mon.” Yeonhee tried for a dumb smile. “Great let’s go to the cafeteria” he had a sly smile with teeth and all. It was such a jarring thing to do to spend some time with completely new strangers. It was actually her last class so she didn’t mind hanging out with new friends. 

The 7 newly found friends headed to the cafeteria and they were so loud especially Baekhyun, that some of the teachers hushed them when they were passing through classrooms. They only bowed for apology, but after the classrooms were nowhere in sight, they would start chatting again. While Yeonhee was chatting with Taemin about something about school- she felt her phone vibrate and excused herself for a moment.

She fished for her phone inside her pocket and saw a message from Jongin. She clicked open and read the message, Sorry you had to go through that hard way, I hope you are okay. Are you busy later?

a goofy smile appeared on her face, and in that moment she totally forgot about Taemin beside her, Dancers have to go through that hard way to be successful like he said ㅋㅋ I' don't have any schedule later, wae? c: she replied.

“Hey where are you going?” she heard a voice and lifted her head up and realized that she missed the entrance door of their cafeteria; she opened to say something, and got embarrassed after. “Oh… sorry I didn’t see the entrance” she chuckled softly and bowed apologetically to Taemin. Taemin just laughed and led her inside the cafeteria. Not much students were present inside since it was already 3PM, most students have already went home or some were still in their classrooms.

They ordered their food and sat down on one of the empty tables. Before Yeonhee could eat her food, she checked for her phone and saw a message from Jongin, I'll pick you up at 5PM. Same place, arraseo?  her smile could not be restrained, and it spread from her tightly pressed mouth, to her now scarlet cheeks. Okay, see you :) she clicked the send button and tucked her phone inside her pocket as she went back to her food and her friends.

“Someone’s happy today” Soojin commented as she munched on her bread. Yeonhee just giggled and started eating her food. “I’m just happy today” she expressed.

 

While the 5 friends were talking about how cruel Mr. Jung was awhile ago, Yeonhee finished her meal and sipped on the orange juice that she bought along. Taemin just watched her and thought on how this small body could intake that huge amount of food. 

She couldn't help but notice his intense gaze. “Wh-why?” she mumbled as she chewed the fries that she also bought. They were both sitting opposite sides and they had their own world. The rest were all loud making big fuzz inside the cafeteria.

“What? Oh.. nothing I’m just amused” Taemin smiled and rested his head on his palm. “I’m just wondering..” he started, “how can you eat that big amount of food and yet you don’t get fat?”

Yeonhee chuckled and then nudged the fries his way. “I’m just hungry all the time and then burn them through dancing. Simple.” she plastered a bite while chewing on her fries.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter