wounds

Requited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

eight
wounds

 

We spend the whole day organising her room. We move everything in and I help her to put everything where she wants it. It is a lot of work but I don’t mind, I enjoy it because I’m in her company. We laugh and joke, I a lot. We have lunch together with her omma and she’s such a nice woman. I try to be as charming as I can to get on her good side and even Eun Bi seem surprised. She asks me about it and all.

“I don’t need your omma to dislike me, too. With your sister is enough,” I reply and she chuckles.

"But I think my eunni is slowly starting to like you," she comments and I don't even pretend to hide my disbelief, if so I just exaggerate it even more. I even put my hand on her forehead, checking for a fever. "Yah! I'm being serious."

"Then you have issues. There's a clear evidence between murderous feelings and acceptance. Your eunni only feels the former."

"Ani," she shakes her head, dismissing my words. "I know she didn't even treat you as a human before, but now it's different. She knows how much you've helped me," she explains, smiling sweetly. "She also knows you're really important to me. I don't think you two will ever be friends, but she will treat you as a human. As my friend."

"I still think she dreams of pushing me off a building," I muse, looking away. The truth is I'm just hiding my face from her, I don't want her to notice my blush. 

I know I'm close to her, that she considers me her best friend and all that, but I still get my heart racing when she says these things out loud, every time she confirms I am indeed important to her. 

"Don't worry, I'll save you if she does," she jokes, walking up to me and squeezing my face in her hands. "And even then you'd be fine. The first time I saw you you were going down and I actually thought you fell."

I laugh at the memory. If I think about it I realise it means I was the first to meet her, aside from her mother, I mean. I saw her, greeted her and made an impact on her first than swimmer boy or any other kid. I wish that would make a difference. 

"Im invincible!" I cry out to distract myself from those thoughts. "So make sure to tell your eunni that. Just in case."

She laughs this time, ruffling my hair with clear ill intentions. She's vicious when she wants to be, so I have to fight for my life: meaning, my hair. I grab her wrist and start wrestling her to stop, at some point trying to reach her head, too. 

This is war!

I stand up, grabbing her wrist and forcing her to spin, pulling her back then to my chest, basically giving her a back hug disguised as an excuse to stop her from messing with me. She fights me instead of freezing in my arms, kicking her legs and pushing back. It's actually quite hard to stay on me feet when she's being so wild, and at the end she succeeds, making me lose my balance. 

I trip and fall backwards, dragging her with me. She screams and so do I, but I still make s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter