waiting

Requited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ten
waiting

 

       Although I wake up every day hoping it’ll be the day she gives me an answer, it doesn’t come that easily. And I don’t push her either, knowing that asking every day ‘Did you think about it? Will you go out with me?’ is very annoying, so I just leave it to her. I had accepted before we would only be friends, so this should’t be hard, right?

It is hard.

Not because I can’t be just friends with her, but because there’s hope that wasn’t there before. She might say yes, and that makes me anxious. I try to stay cool, but it’s like I’m bouncing inside like a kid waiting for candies.

Aside from that, we keep spending time together like usual, hanging out, playing around. She even makes me study to the point I ranked higher in the latest mid terms. I’m still a bad student, but I went ten ranks up and appa was really impressed.

“I really approve of that girl. She’s the best influence,” he said when he found out about my results. “Don’t ever let her go.”

“That’s what I’m planning, to hold on to her,” I replied that day. Even if she eventually rejects me, yet again, I’ll stay by her side. I’m really used to it by now, what difference would it make? We can still be friends, eve if it’ll be awkward at first.

Almost two weeks after I promised to give her time, she calls me.

“Gong Tae Kwang.” I can hear the smile in her voice and it’s just so easy to picture her in my head, her lovely smile, her eyes glowing with happiness. Clearly, something good has happened.

“The one and only.” I pause the game I was playing to give her my full attention, getting comfortable with the phone against my ear, a smile already settled on my lips. “How may I assist you?”

“I’m going to the Love House with unnie. Do you want to come with us? The kids really like you and I’m sure they’d be happy to see you.”

“Only the kids?” 

“I’d be happy to see you, too,” she laughs.

“I didn’t mean you, I was referring to the ahjumma that’s in charge of the Love House, but it’s good to know you’d be happy to see me, too.” I wish I could see her blushed cheeks right now, because I can tell that’s how she looks by the way she giggles nervously. “What time should I meet you?”

“Twenty minutes at the terminal?” I mumble my agreement. “See you soon, Tae Kwang-ah.”

In those twenty minutes I inform my father that I’m going out and leave to meet with Eun Bi and her twin. I get there a bit early, so I play on my phone as I wait, until I hear my name being called. I turn around to see the two girls coming my way, Eun Bi waving her hand and smiling brightly, Not Eun Bi looking bored.

“Hi, Go Eun Bi,” I greet cheerfully, waving my hand. “Hi, Not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter