total liar

Requited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

six
total liar
 

I walk towards the classroom with a smile on my face. I can't wipe it off since yesterday. The dinner at home with Appa and Eun Bi was great. He was nice and after a while she started feeling more comfortable around him. I was grinning like a fool already. Then we kept playing and I felt so proud for making her smile and laugh the whole time. She beamed with happiness until I sent her home. 

"Would you come again another time?" I asked her when we were at her house. 

"Deh," she replied with her precious smile. "I had loads of fun and I’m glad your appa has changed a lot. Good kind of change."

"Oh," I agreed, my hands shoved inside my pockets as I rocked on the ball of heels. "Go inside. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

And I've been smiling since then. 

I know she doesn't like me the same way, that she actually likes swimmer boy, but we are close and I make her happy, and I have enough with that. Knowing I'm able to leave that smile on her face and make her eyes light up like I saw last night makes me feel so proud of myself. I'm not good at anything, but I'm a good friend to her. 

By the time I actually get in the classroom I don't get a chance to sit before my name is called. I look up in that direction and I see two Eun Bis. I blink, thinking I'm seeing wrong but nope, there are two of them. Maybe it's because I'm still sleepy and it's too early, but it actually takes me a few seconds to understand one of them is Eun Bi's sister. 

They look at each other and grin before locking arms and walking up to me. I feel a bit nervous and take a step back. They stop once there's a small distance between us. This is so overwhelming. Rarely I have seen the twins together and it's shocking to be watching them like this. It makes me think my eyes are deceiving me. 

"Yah, Gong Tae Kwang, can you tell which one is which?" One of the twins asks. 

They are making sure to act the same. Same hairstyle, same smile and even their voices. 

"Of course," I reply with confidence, remembering what we discussed with Eun Bi that time at the Love House. 

I lean forward until we are at the same eye level. I watch them closely, first to one and then to the other. The one at the right smiles at me but her eyes don't have the warmth I'm used to, that recognition and caring my Eun Bi always shows. Then the one at the left makes my heart race when we make eye contact and hers become warmer. I feel drawn to her immediately and I know it. She's my Eun Bi. 

My grin comes naturally when I lean back, standing straight and with a cocky smirk. "I told yah, I can recognise you by just looking in your eyes," I say before standing next to my Eun Bi and wrapping my arm around her shoulders. 

Eun Bi laughs, and immediately after the twin I'm not touching goes back to her arrogant posture and that rude look that tells me she despises me. She rolls her eyes and that's the confirmation everyone needs. The kids gasp and we hear murmurs of appreciation. 

"Wow, Gong Tae Kwang is amazing. He's the only one that can tell them apart. Even Han Yi Ann couldn't do it," Eun Bi's friend says. I turn around, dragging my favourite twin with me just to notice swimmer boy is actually there, glaring at me, per usual. 

Eun Byul goes to stand next to him and says, "You gotta give him credit. There's one thing that idiot can do."

I ignore them and focus on the girl trapped by my side. "Do you believe me now?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter