she's back

Requited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

one
she’s back

 

“Roof,” her text reads and for a few seconds I just stare at it, confused and surprised but then my heart races when my brain makes the connections and my legs are moving before I finish processing there information.

I run upstairs, two steps at the time, storming outside with the force of a typhoon. There she is. Her straight hair, just like when I met her for the first time, blowing with the wind, with her back to me. My heart stops because I haven’t seen her in six months. At first I though that it’d be better not to have her around after she rejected me. I thought it’d help me to move on from this one-sided love. 

I was wrong.

All I did was missing her, I thought of her even more. I just wanted her back even if she could never feel the same way, I just wanted her around. To be able to talk to her, joke with her and just see her. No one can understand me like her, no one can make me feel better and no one makes my days worth it like her. 

Things with my father are so much better now, we are slowly fixing our relationship… but she’s not been around to share that with her. I haven’t had her with me to share the joy that gives me to be able to smile at my father again. 

She has changed, quite a lot. She’s more confident and happier now, less tormented but as bright as when I met her. And now she has a family.

“It’s Go Eun Bi now,” she says when I keep calling her Lee Eun Bi and that makes me so happy for her. Now she and I have our families, we are not broken like before.

Then she smiles, so happily and bright that I feel these six months without her were worth it. She found herself and has recovered from all that pain. Now she’s her own person and I can actually call her by her name. She is back as herself, not posing for her twin sister. And the happiness I feel in my heart is so overwhelming I can’t control myself so, laughing, I wrap my arms around her, pulling her so close that I might as well be crushing her bones.

“Yah! What are you doing? Let me go,” she complains, struggling in my arms but I just hug her tighter.

“Welcome back. Just bear with it for five seconds,” I tell her and I hear her chuckling before giving up and staying still. “I missed you,” I whisper next, barely audible.

“Me too,” she adds and for a second my heart stops, until she adds: “I missed everyone. I’m glad to be back.”

I just bite my lips together. What was I expecting? I know very well she just sees me as a friend so there’s no point in getting my hopes up. Nothing has changed regarding that. She still likes her twin sister’s childhood friend: Han Yi An, and now that she’s back I bet they’ll get together.

I feel a tug in my guts at the thought because the mere idea of seeing them holding hands and not just as friends breaks my heart. But to be honest, it hurts even more not having her around than seeing her with him. If that makes her happy then I can endure it. As long as she doesn’t push me away trying to protect me or anything absurd like that.

“And you’re back for good? Why? Did some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter