Stepping back to the real world

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Young Ae, could you relax a bit? You should sit.” Jongmin told when Jonghyun and Dalbi’s mom kept pacing back and forth at the living room. They just came back from abroad and were expecting the siblings to be there when they arrived – but no one’s home and their phones were both out of reach.

“Why can’t I reach either one of them? I’m so worried, Jongmin. What if something happened?” She exclaimed, her eyes almost in tears in too much anxiousness. “I don’t think I can-“

Both of them froze when they heard a thud at the entrance. It seemed like someone came. In an instant, Young Ae ran, hoping that her kids have come.

And it was them.

“Dalbi! Dalbi-ah!” Young Ae immediately hugged her daughter, her heart almost jumping out of her chest as she felt so relieved she came home safe. She held her arms after and looked at her child’s face, examining her from head to toe. “My love, are you okay? Did something happen? Were you hurt?”

Meanwhile, Dalbi was both delighted and confused. She was also surprised to found her parents to arrive before them, and yet she was so happy that they’re finally with them. She almost grew without her parents beside them. The couple had to fly overseas for work.

“Jonghyun, son, are you okay?” The mom turned to Jonghyun this time, grabbing him on his arm to check if he was hurt anywhere.

“We’re okay, mom. Don’t worry.”

“Yes, mom. Oppa took care of me well.” Dalbi assured and went to hug her father as well. “Appa, how are you and mom?”

“Your mom was so worried. She kept dreaming about you lately and she couldn’t sleep well because of it.”

“A dream?” Dalbi asked – puzzled.

“Guys, we have all the time to talk. Can we just go inside first?” Kibum, who just came out of the car dragging his things, intruded the family reunion. The couple was surprised seeing him and hugged Kibum as they missed him, too. He’s considered as their child, after all.

All of them settled inside before continuing the conversation. They gathered at the living area, each one of them aware that something weird and mysterious went on.

“Omma, about your dream…” Dalbi started as they sat on the couch, her mom holding her hand tightly on her lap.

“It’s during the night you were born.” Their mom started telling the story about her dream – about the story of her birth. It was the first time in her life that Dalbi heard the story. It was probably on purpose that their parents kept them as a secret from her to prevent her from worrying.

“After that, did you ever see that old woman again” Her mom shook her head. “She gave me the jewel?”

At that point, Dalbi remembered something. “It was my tears.” She uttered which made her parents confused and speechless for some seconds.

“What…” Her mom paused before coming up with the thought.  “Your tears? Dalbi, did something happen… Jonghyun, do you k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter