Miro-i

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I know what you’re thinking.” Minho told her straight when he noticed the odd stare he was getting from her. “If you want to check it, my eyes are pretty normal.” He added. “Although they are a bit bigger than what this country has considered the usual, though.”

Dalbi loosened a bit and started walking closer to him, looking intently at Minho’s eyes – observing if his eye color was really the normal one. It is. She was relieved.

“You can sleep in another room.”

“No.” She rejected right away. “I won’t sleep at all. I am not going to sleep until I leave this place tomorrow morning.” She said firmly.

“So do you want me to make you some coffee?” Minho offered. Suspicion was still obvious in Dalbi’s face. “Okay. Fine. Help yourself make a coffee. I’ll just watch over you.” That’s when Dalbi nodded and both of them started walking downstairs to the kitchen.

“The young master allowed me to tell you everything if you ask.”

She looked at him. Dalbi actually had a lot of questions, but would it really be okay to ask about it? To dig into the life of that creature? She’s technically a stranger. Why was she allowed to know?

“Eventually, the young master can read what’s on your mind.” Minho confessed which made her eyes widen in surprise. “So all your thoughts from the moment you came in, he knew all of it.”

“Oh Gosh.” She expressed frantically and in disbelief. She momentarily paused to remember if she had any inappropriate thoughts of him. Not anything in particular that she could remember. But she indeed thought about him being angelic and not human-like. Beyond that, she hoped she was right to think there’s nothing more. “So can you tell me exactly what he is?” The curiosity eventually ate her up and now she had to know what kind of creature she was dealing with.

“He’s a human.” Minho started explaining. “Just a cursed one. The guy from a while ago, Lee Taemin, is his younger brother. Both of them were cursed.”

“Cursed?” Isn’t that just for fairy tales and fictional stories?

“It’s up to you whether to believe it or not. But you saw them. You know they’re not the normal ones.” He continued. “In this silent and lonely town lies a story that everyone considered a myth, but actually, the story happened for real…”

“There was this old family of miro-i*. They’re all males. But they don’t just hunt for ordinary bloods. They seek for a blood. No one knew how they came to life. They were just suddenly in this town.”

“Vampires?”

“Can be.” Minho answered. “But not really the usual vampires. As I’ve told you, a miro-i wants specifically the blood of a pure woman. So back to the story, the youngest miro-i fell in love to Hae Ra, the young master’s mother. He saw Hae Ra being in the woods, and he was the one who healed and helped her get over the trauma she experienced. They fell in love with each other, and the family of the miro-i agreed that they could get married. But suddenly, few months later, a day before their marriage, Jung Woohyun arrived and he was looking for Hae Ra. He was her fiancé. Hae Ra actually had an amnesia prior to that. Woohyun stayed few more days until Hae Ra remembered him. In the end, she chose him and left the miro-i. He was so mad of Hae Ra and Woo Hyun. That anger turned to a curse. He went to their marriage, and as soon as they exchanged vows, the miro-i also put a curse along with it: Their male children will suffer the same circumstance as those creatures, and they will live their lives away from the normal world. They will be given the looks, the intelligence, and wealth will easily be achieved, but just like a normal miro-i, Hae Ra and Woo Hyun’s sons will crave for blood. They could only be satisfied once they take their ity away, or their blood. They can easily prey on women, too, because literally every woman falls in love with them. Jinki – I mean, the young master – started feeling the curse when he turned 14. It was a bit late for young master Taemin. He had it when he turned 16.”

“Where are their parents?” Dalbi asked after hearing the history.

“They died five years ago when he was 20.”

“So, do they kill people – I mean, s?”

“Taemin takes ity away. That’s what we know. He still has the human heart to spare women from being killed, but he satisfy himself by sleeping with them. We don’t know how he does that, if it’s with force or what-”

“And Jinki?”

“He’s not satisfied with the ity alone.” Minho confessed. “Probably because he’s the first child so he’s suffering worse than his younger brother, but he always craves for the blood. He hasn’t killed anyone though. We’ve been best friend since we’re young. My mom used to be the head of the household, 2nd to the madame of mansion, Hae Ra. That’s why I strive to be physically strong and stable, so the young master can lean on me. I help him face his struggles. We tried living like ordinary kids, but the curse always acts up on him. I had to save girls several times from him. That’s the reason why we decided to settle here. He has businesses running in Seoul. They’re totally fine without him, so he stays here literall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter