If that's the only way

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You can use your room for now.” It was Chief Choi who led both Jonghyun and Kibum to their room. “Are you sure you’re fine sharing a room together?”

“It’s okay.” Jonghyun flatly answered.

“Then please feel at home.” Minho told them in a civil way but his patience got tested when he heard Jonghyun hissed. It was not only that he didn’t look friendly, he actually seemed like a really mean guy. “Excuse me, Kim Jonghyun-ssi.” The chief spoke up once more. “Don’t take it against me, but friendly advice: Don’t be too hard on the young master. He’s not a bad person and I can guarantee you he loves Dalbi more than you could ever imagine.”

“Well, yeah, how can you not love someone who turned you back into a human – or some sort of?” Jonghyun sarcasm caused Minho’s ears to burn although he didn’t show it. It was not good for the young master and Dalbi if he got into a fight with her brother.

“Kim Jonghyun, that’s enough.”

As the banter between the two of them went on, Minah and her mom walked by passing them to get to their room. They will just stay there for few hours and would return home afterwards.

Coincidentally, Minah and Jonghyun’s eyes met and as if fate was joking on him, Jonghyun froze and felt something he had never really felt his entire life. Was it love at first sight? He wouldn’t know immediately.

And because he looked at her a bit too long, Minho noticed and became weary of it. “Do you know my sister?” He asked to snap Jonghyun back to his senses.

“Your sister?”

“Yes. The one you’re intensely gazing at.” Minho spoke quickly creating a border between Jonghyun and his sister. Tension just kept on rising up.

“Whatever.” Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders off and entered the room. Kibum looking as clueless on the other hand. He was actually just a side kick – someone who went along with Jonghyun because he was curious of the CEO of the company he loved so much. He didn’t know he would know this much after getting into the mansion.

And it fascinated him – the way this huge white mansion stood in the middle of nowhere. If you look outside, there was basically nothing but the clear sky and trees surrounding the entire ghost town. Kibum also wondered how they were able to stand isolating themselves from the society. He wouldn’t be able to last if he was in their shoes.

“Do you need something else?” Minho spoke to him when he noticed the latter being lost in the magic of the mansion.

“I am not inside a fairytale, am I?” Kibum asked, his eyes wandering around the ceiling, to the grand staircase, to the huge translucent mirrors on the walls of the hallway, to the luxurious chandelier at the center of the house which would probably cause a few million dollars.

Meanwhile, Jinki and Dalbi were left alone at the living area. Both of them sitting on the couch silently thinking about what they should do next. He was lost in his own thoughts, and she was paying close attention to any expression he would show with his face.

“Are you okay?” Dalbi asked when she couldn’t stand the silence anymore. “You haven’t said anything since that conversation with my brother.”

“What if he’s right?” Jinki spoke as he turned his gaze to her.

When she looked into his eyes, she realized he was scared. The once cold, blank, and emotionless eyes turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter