The Jewel

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taemin-ssi!” The noise coming from the garden made Dalbi and Jinki rush and see what was happening. Jinki actually didn’t want Dalbi to come out, but she had to – or she needed to.

Taemin’s eyes snapped at Dalbi, and another set of confusion engulfed him. Dalbi’s presence was not as how it was before. It changed. “How --- you…”

Dalbi froze halfway upon meeting Taemin’s gaze. Jinki quickly came behind her, holding both her arms to stop her just in case she would do something weird and make him lose his nuts as well. At that moment, Taemin’s attention was drawn to his older brother and just as if Dalbi’s scent was not enough to surprise him, the way his brother looked came like another array of puzzle pieces that shook him.

“Hyung, what happened –“ Taemin could not even finish his sentence as he went speechless. His hyung’s hair was black. His eyes dark. There was this certain thought he can’t help but cross his mind. “Did you turn back…”

Jinki pulled Dalbi and stood before her like he was protecting her. “Taemin, we need to talk.” Jinki said.

However, as the wind blew, Taemin absorbed Minah’s scent, which stole his attention so he turned aggressively back at her – Jonghyun and Minho both manning up to protect the helpless girl. “Take her away from here!” Taemin shouted, gathering his last set of strength to control himself.

“Dalbi, let’s go.” Jonghyun called out for his sister.

“I’ll stay here for a while, oppa, can you take Minah back to the house?”

“Not until you come with me.” The older brother insisted.

“The young master and I are here to protect her.” Minho told Jonghyun firmly. “We’ve guarded her well enough since the day she came here. We can manage and I can’t just leave and take my sister away. I hope you can do me a favour this time.”

“Nggghh!!” Taemin growled and moved few quick steps towards Minah. Minho immediately held him. Jonghyun hid Minah behind.

“Jonghyun-ssi. Please.”

By that, Jonghyun promptly held Minah’s hand and dragged her towards the back, disappearing from their sight as soon as possible. In few seconds, the discomfort Taemin had slowly faded away and he remembered the things that shocked him just few minutes ago.

“Hyung, are you back-“

“He is.” Dalbi answered bravely. She took few steps outside Jinki’s confines, making Taemin see her more vividly. “It was me. It was me who turned him back into human.”

She was shaking deep inside. It was her chance to reach out and help Taemin, but it was also the time she was about to sacrifice herself, and put such heavy burden on Jinki’s heart. She didn’t want to do it – but if she had to, then she should.

“Dalbi, please, let me handle.” Jinki tried to stop her for one last time. It’s not that he didn’t want to help his brother. He was just torn between two ideas: turn his brother back into human as he did and let Dalbi do something that was his greatest nightmare.

Dalbi didn’t listen and proceeded to walk towards Taemin. In the middle of the huge garden now stood four individuals guarding what was important for them: Minho guarding the safety of everyone; Taemin guarding not to lose himself; Dalbi guarding not to tremble and show that she’s scared; Jinki guarding Dalbi.

The silence that was brought by the threat surrounding them was interrupted when rain suddenly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter