Her Hidden Thoughts

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come in!” Jinki ordered before going back to the phone. He stood up facing the glass window behind him. It had been three days since he last went to the garden, so looking outside to refresh himself a bit was enough for now. “Tell me more.” He spoke to his secretary on the other line. It was the most trusted employee he had.

The door opened almost silently and he didn’t even bother checking who it was. He knew he asked for food though, so he had expected it was his head servant Hanjoo walking inside now.

Dalbi, on the other hand, carefully locked the door as she entered. She did that thinking it would reach Minho’s radar soon that she was trying to go closer to his young master.

“You know I trust you so well on those matters, Sec. Park.” Jinki spoke professionally. His tone firm and with certainty. “I see. Call me for updates then. I’m hanging up.”

He sighed once more after ending the call. Apparently, the vice president was up on his sleeves to do something that would make Jinki either step down from his position or have the board file a petition against him. It wasn’t just some childish threat. According to his secretary, he heard somewhere that it could be possible for the vice president to take advantage of the gathering to talk to other businessmen, and the presence of media would be a lot more helpful.

When he turned to go back to his table, he was even more taken aback to see Dalbi standing right opposite him. “Hi.” She raised her hand cutely and smiled.

“Wh-what are you doing here? Where’s Hanjoo?”

“Aahh…” She paused as she looked away for a while to think of an excuse but when she couldn’t, she found another way to distract his thoughts and have him talk to her properly. “Oh. I can read your mind, too.” Dalbi gasped as she went back to looking into his eyes. “You’re thinking about that vice president, right?”

If he wanted to plot your fall from the company, then why would he still push you to go and actually told you about his evil plans? Shouldn’t he just do that without you knowing? After all, it’s much easier since you’re nowhere near him.

“H-how…” Jinki was almost speechless as he read through her eyes. She knew about the vice president? How? Perhaps… “You… do you…”

“Haven’t you really gone to your company? Not even once?” She asked, confident that she had thrown away the idea that she only overheard their conversation at the balcony. In her head, she was role playing that she could really read his mind. The funny expression of disbelief in Jinki’s eyes was entertaining. She intended to keep that as long as possible.

A miro-i is a bit gullible, she thought.

“What?” Jinki frowned. He clearly read what she just thought about. She bit her lips as she knew she screwed up the role playing game.

Jinki crossed his arms, cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. “You were eavesdropping.” She sighed, shrugged her shoulders, and occupied the seat beside her. “Eat your food first.”

“I don’t think I ever allowed anyone instruct me like that.” Jinki uttered as cold as ever, but he sat back on his chair, wore back his glasses, and only turned his attention back to his laptop.

“I was selfish.” She spoke softly, glancing at him from time to time hoping there would be any change of reaction, but there wasn’t. It rather looked like Jinki decided to just ignore her presence. “I only thought of wanting to help you, of wanting to be here because I thought you need me. I didn’t consider how you would feel… like… the type of person you are, you won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter