Never Alone

The Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin and two other colleagues talk as they cross the car park after work.

"No guys, I'm fine. I'm just not in the mood for a drink" Hanbin said.

"Come on, Hanbin" His colleague persuaded.

"I'm seriously tired. You guys have fun"

The group splits, the other two left Hanbin to walk across to his car several yards away. For a while there, he could feel like someone's watching him. He stops, and scanned the whole area for someone.

"Hello?" He asked.

No answer. He reached for his keys as he picks up pace to his car.

Hanbin paused for a moment, hearing some soft sounds from behind him. As he turned around, he peered over the ground and the cars around him. He didn't think there was much back there. Hanbin was just about to turn around when he felt something protruding into his back. He gasped out softly, and went to move his arms when a gloved hand reached across his neck and over his mouth. He was too startled to respond.

"Give me your money, and I won't hurt you" The voice was gruff, deep, and throaty. It was enough to make Hanbin's skin curl.

"I-I..." Hanbin stuttered, trying his best to move, "...I don't have a-any m-money..."

"You lie" He pushed Hanbin forward, but not much able to move his legs making Hanbin toppled to the ground. As the man moved forward toward him, the terrified boy backed up until he hit the car nearest him, a small whimper arising.

"I told you, give me your money or I'll..." the burly man held up the protruding weapon, newly revealed as a gun. "Do something you won't much like."

"I told you! I don't have any money!"

The man cocked the gun and pointed it at Hanbin and pulled the trigger.

Before Hanbin loose consciousness - with blurry eyes, he saw a figure in all black apparel knocking his shooter down. A long coat whipping violently by the winds as whatever it is clumped onto one knee beside him, coughing and spluttering blood from its mouth.

-


Hanbin woke up to find himself lying on the ground in the center of a building. He pulls himself up onto his feet, swaying slightly. He looks about his surroundings, scattered around are a flock of dead pigeons, each in a pool of it's own blood.

"Where am I?" Hanbin shakes his head a little.

"Church"

Hanbin looked about, scanning the area for the source of the voice. "Who are you?"

From one of the darkened corners of the church, Kim Jiwon steps out of the shadows. He lights a candle and moves toward Hanbin. He stands no two feet in front of Hanbin, grinning, with his fangs visible and some blood stains on his robe.

"W-What the hell are you?" Hanbin managed to asked even though he was terrified.

"Vampire" Jiwon answered coolly.

"What?"

"I'm a vampire"

"V-Vampire?" Hanbin burst into a nervous laughter as his hands ran around his neck. He stops as he felt two foreign holes pierced through his flesh.

"You're a vampire too" Jiwon said when he noticed Hanbin's scared expression.

"I don't know what you're going to do or whatever you are but I'm not going to let you kill me" Hanbin said before he runs up the stairs to the second level of the church which is one huge balcony that looks down on the ground level of the church.

"You still don't understand. You cannot be killed since you no longer really live"

"What?"

"You are now and forever a vampire" Jiwon looked up at him from the ground level.

"N-No..." Hanbin shook his head then suddenly his face changes, morphing into a vampire visage. "I can't be"

Hanbin starts moving backward, clearly distraught. He turns and runs toward th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter